JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many moons ago, I put a short(er), ported barrel on an Ithaca Mag-10. Shooting it was a unique experience. And since it was ported, man was it loud. :p

1707878366992.png

I had a 14" SBS Benelli M4 back in my AZ days. Fun gun, but ultimately, not a whole lot handier than an 18". I'm not doing tactical shotgun instruction anymore though either.

Now if it were to be suppressed, that would be a different story. A 14" M4 with a Salvo would be quite nice!

I lean more towards the Beretta 1301 these days, but not sure if they do an SBS version.
Or the Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol. 12g, semi auto w/ a 19.1" barrel, 7+1 load. Has great reviews. Is it as good as a 1301? No, but it is shorter and I doubt one can tell a difference speed-wise. Its also $500+ less expensive than a 1301. I just paid $866 +tax for one. Don't pay MSRP can be found for less.

Or the Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol. 12g, semi auto w/ a 19.1" barrel, 7+1 load. Has great reviews. Is it as good as a 1301? No, but it is shorter and I doubt one can tell a difference speed-wise. Its also $500+ less expensive than a 1301. I just paid $866 +tax for one. Don't pay MSRP can be found for less.

Interesting ...

Remington 1100 they are abundant most pawn shops have a few ,/ And there are so many outlets that sell aftermarket parts mag extenders folding or 6 position stocks , grips ect. ect.

I have one for my home defense I have a 8rd mag extension on it .

Remington 1100 they are abundant most pawn shops have a few ,/ And there are so many outlets that sell aftermarket parts mag extenders folding or 6 position stocks , grips ect. ect.

I have one for my home defense I have a 8rd mag extension on it .
Interesting. Something like this could be quite corking:

1708113404338.png

Yes that would be a great choice

I mean the 1100 is a tried and true platform with 100's of thousands of examples out there

I can't see you spending more than 400 to 450 on a good condition remmy even in this economy

I collect them and have 4 / 2 field grade and 2 collector grade

The current "Tacky-tical" Beretta 1301 Plassteca...comes with a fixed full length magazine tube. So making it an SBS would be more difficult than if using an older 1301, or the Comp...but I don't think they could be significantly shortened. ref. the length of the fore-end.

ui_plastetta.png

ui_fixed.jpeg

ref.older model
1301tactical_bdt_zoom001-1-850x233.png
Edit to add: The reason I mention it, is that the A300 ULTIMA PATROL mentioned in Post #22 uses the same full length magazine tube.

Last Edited:
Have you used the M4 collapsible stock & pistol grip?

It looks cool, but it kinda sucks. I preferred the standard integrated grip & stock. It shouldered more accurately, the cheek weld was more consistent, easier on the wrists with heavy buckshot and it was quite a bit lighter.
A friend had an AR stocked pump shotgun that I shot several years ago. Supposed to be a turkey hunting special thingie. Mossberg, maybe? It was the most miserable thing I have shouldered and fired! It wasn't so much the recoil to the shoulder, which was substantial, it was the punch in the face!

No and I wouldn't be interested in a collapsible stock. I was meaning this picture:

View attachment 1819582
This is the one that floats my boat.

At the range the other day standing at the back and watching a guy with s mag fed shotgun (AR look- Turkish?)) trying to run cheap ammo through it. 2 shots - jams up, finally clears it. 2 shots - jams up.
Like most things better shotgun, or use better ammo. Or both. Crappy shotgun w/ crappy ammo makes the shotgun better utilized as a club.

Yah, I've seen those Turkish AR-esque looking shotguns in my travels and am staying away. Too many red flags.
My wife has a Vr-82 20 gauge. It took about 300 rounds of heavy loads but it smoothed out and now runs like a champ. It's a great ground squirrel gun with a mod choke and #8's. If you get 'em standing close together you can get a twofer pretty easy.
It's regular load is #4 buck for larger vermin...

Seems to me if you want a sawed off semi auto traditional shotgun just buy a regular semi auto available anywhere, get a stamp, and saw the barrel off.

Very slow to load, slow to shoot, low capacity, high recoil, bulky compared to other options, Fudd-bubba/unimaginative imo, but if that's what you are looking for they are everywhere and cheap. Fe
E3DDABBB-322F-45AA-9B3A-DDF9232F8586.jpeg
316F2DAA-8476-49C1-9B28-5E2585140A71.jpeg
9550AA95-43CB-41EC-8A3E-3AC56F1E625D.jpeg

Last Edited:
On idea would be go with this:

1708194717120.png

Replace the furniture from this:

1708194740725.png

Then put on a quality light system.

Any reason why that would be a no-go? Anyone know where the furniture could be sourced? Thanks!

View attachment 1824721

View attachment 1824722

Any reason why that would be a no-go? Anyone know where the furniture could be sourced? Thanks!
I've been meaning to try swapping the furniture from my A400 to my 1301 Comp, but never got around to it. You've just re-inspired me to try again. I'll report back with the results.

Edit; I just realized the pictures you posted are of Mossbergs. My findings will be useless to you.

I would try the usual suspects first for sourcing: Brownells, Gunpartscorp & Mossberg.

View attachment 1824721

View attachment 1824722

I know it isn't but the top photo looks exactly like a Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol. Ordered one, to arrive the end of the week. Kinda like a junior 1301, but a lot less.

Not an SBS but it your trying to get an idea of dimensions and looks for a Benelli M2. Im thinking about getting some wood for this too.

View attachment 1824760
Super neato. What type of can?
Probably right up there with Tisas.
No experience with TİSAŞ. But, yah, with those low price point Turkish guns, I'm not going to roll the dice. I've seen both over-unders and HD type scatterguns from there, but I'm sticking with mainstream offerings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top