JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, am I the only one looking at this photo and thinking there's something not quite right about the Teletubby haircuts?

2020353193.jpg

If I looked like tin man at the end of the day, i would definately be wearing a respirator the next day and wearing some form of disposable coveralls. Does anybody have a brain and use common sense any more? Oh thats right everybody else should think for you and protect you from bad things!:confused:

Lead poisoning is some serious bubblegum. My old company hung led lined drywall during the construction of a hospital. It is the law that the employer provides all PPE and safety items as well as special circumstance training to employees to ensure safe work. It is the law that when requiring a premit to remodel or do modifications that all possible hazards be tested for (asbestos, lead, etc).

The fact that the company/contractor ignored or were too stupid to think that there could be led in the building materials of a gun range is amazing. This does not excuse the workers for not stopping the unsafe work conditions, but by law its the company's responsability to provide a safe work environment. The workers will win. Guaranteed.

I understand the workers will win but how come it is always someone elses responsibility to take care of you? If it was something you could not see or smell then I understand, but if you look like tin man then you might want to use your own brain and think a little!

^^^ this isnt about holding peoples hands. There are alot of times that bosses and contractors have workers do really sketchy stuff to save money on equipment and material or to meet a deadline. Alot of the time its a "do it or ill find someone who will" situation (not stated, but understood) and when the worker relies on that job to put food their plate, most of the time theyll pucker up and do it. I know I have before.

Thats why OSHA laws exist. To make sure employees have a safe working environment.

S D Deacon is a big outfit and should have done a better job on all levels (workers, subcontractors, foreman, containment of the renovation area, etc.).

Viper I understand what you are saying, but sometimes it is about holding peoples hands. If the company will not supply whats needed then quit or go buy it yourself, alot of times the equipment is available but workers choose not to use it because it is cumbersome. Oh but the company should go hold all their hands and make sure they are wearing the protection and using proper safety because again no self responsibility is used. When people start taking responsibility for themselves in this country and quit looking for everyone else to take care of them the better off we are going to be. Just my opinion.

Lead poisoning is some serious bubblegum. My old company hung led lined drywall during the construction of a hospital. It is the law that the employer provides all PPE and safety items as well as special circumstance training to employees to ensure safe work. It is the law that when requiring a premit to remodel or do modifications that all possible hazards be tested for (asbestos, lead, etc).

The fact that the company/contractor ignored or were too stupid to think that there could be led in the building materials of a gun range is amazing. This does not excuse the workers for not stopping the unsafe work conditions, but by law its the company's responsability to provide a safe work environment. The workers will win. Guaranteed.

If I were going to hire a contractor I would expect them to know about safety protocol when working with certain materials. I mean isn't that the reason you hire a professional to do any kind of job. If you yourself do not have the time, talent, know how, training etc etc would imply that you would not necessarily be familiar with all of the dangers involved.

I'm sure the contractor came out to do an estimate regarding what needed to be done and knowing that the job was at a gun range should have clued them into what type of materials they would be dealing with.

OK, am I the only one looking at this photo and thinking there's something not quite right about the Teletubby haircuts?

2020353193.jpg

Couple of classy dudes. Let me guess, there girley friends have there lips pierced together?
These are the guys that didn't make the football team, and had there heads smashed into lockers.

These guys Attitude looks like they wouldn't even use the protection if they got it given to them anyway. We don't need no stinking PPE heil hitler oh no we mean no thank you. Yeah anybody with half a brain would think wow I'm working with lead maybe I should ask for some PPE. dee duh dee.

It is the employers responsibility to provide reasonable safety equipment, if the employee refuses to use the stuff, the employer can go so far as firing them on the spot for violating safety rules. These rules were put in place due to issues that have caused workers to die from bad employers. I should know, I an a instructor for emergency chemical response training, think the guys in the white bunny suits.

I agree a safe workplace is needed, but sometimes you cannot fix stupid! I fought L&I over an employee who had his knee blow out walking across the shop. Found out he had a documented previous injury that he did not inform me of and L&I treated me like crap when I protested the claim. Needless to say L&I granted his claim, rebuilt his knee and retrained him. My L&I rates went up and he makes good money in the computer field now, sounds fair.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews