JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I HATE THEIVES!!!:mad:

It would be nice to know a break down of what they got so we could help keep an eye out for them. Maybe help catch these A holes!!

Can you imagine Cabela's bringing in and locking up every gun? Holy crap they might as well be open 24hrs a day it would be cheaper in the long run.

Yep you can only really do so much. It would be one hell of a job safekeeping and un-safing that many damn guns ever day. Long ago there was a guy I bought from owned 2 pawn shops. Had bought from both, had no idea the same owner till it was in the news. Some guy did this at one, smash in, smash case, grabbed 5 guns. He had to get out of bed middle of the night do down to fill out reports. Next morning he goes to his other shop and there stands guy with backpack. "You buy guns here?". First pistol he pulls out is one the guy had just had to report from his other shop. He acted interested and asked if he had any more. As dope bent down to get another he looked up staring down the wrong end of a .45. Thief thought he could smash and grab at one pawn, sell to another same morning and be gone. Would have worked if he had not had such bad luck. :)

Can you imagine Cabela's bringing in and locking up every gun? Holy crap they might as well be open 24hrs a day it would be cheaper in the long run.
This wasn't Cabela's - it was a place that obviously overlooked a vulnerable point in it's security. And I believe a couple extra hours locking up the guns WOULD have been cheaper in the long run....

Gun stores or other shops with high value items like guns, need bollards in front of the shop to protect against ramming attacks. Of coarse, if you are just leasing in a strip mall, the landlords probably don't want the expense and trouble of installing bollards.

Gun stores or other shops with high value items like guns, need bollards in front of the shop to protect against ramming attacks. Of coarse, if you are just leasing in a strip mall, the landlords probably don't want the expense and trouble of installing bollards.
I was thinking that same thing. Figured they are probably renting space at some kind of strip mall. This may make them want to move to a space that either has the bollards or will let them put them in. Insurance would I would guess give a better break with this kind of protection.

I was thinking that same thing. Figured they are probably renting space at some kind of strip mall. This may make them want to move to a space that either has the bollards or will let them put them in. Insurance would I would guess give a better break with this kind of protection.

Factoria Square is one big mall owned by one entity I would bet.

You just have to make a man-size hole, not a truck size hole.
You could pull the grates off or strap a telephone pole to the rig for the surgical poking if need be.. etc. etc.

You just have to make a man-size hole, not a truck size hole.
You could pull the grates off or strap a telephone pole to the rig for the surgical poking if need be.. etc. etc.

Yes - but the 80% case is that someone will steal a vehicle and use that to ram the store front. Not going to spend much time there poking around when the store most likely has an alarm. They call it smash and grab for a reason.

Before the State of AZ and the insurance co. allowed my Brother to open his Motorcycle/Gun shop He had to have reiforced steel clad doors (1/8" thick Steel on Both sides Steels frame interior) and all exterior walls of the Gun shop portion had to have reinforced concrete and block walls up 3' HEAVY 4" spacing steel bars on the Windows. And Ballards every 3' 3' in front of the front wall.

Course he sleeps above his shop and I know for a fact he would have no problem shooting through his plywood floor LOL.

Before the State of AZ and the insurance co. allowed my Brother to open his Motorcycle/Gun shop He had to have reiforced steel clad doors (1/8" thick Steel on Both sides Steels frame interior) and all exterior walls of the Gun shop portion had to have reinforced concrete and block walls up 3' HEAVY 4" spacing steel bars on the Windows. And Ballards every 3' 3' in front of the front wall.

Course he sleeps above his shop and I know for a fact he would have no problem shooting through his plywood floor LOL.

Where is his shop at? And whats the name? I would be happy to stop by and support him next time I am in AZ. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top