JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering most don't have much to sell, probably not anymore.

Considering most don't have much to sell, probably not anymore.

While definitely something to consider, one would hope they keep at least 2 people working to deal with BGC for F2F and also to answer questions that are undoubtedly coming to light from new gun owners

Soooooo, WalMart should shut it's doors then??? ;)
I don't think I'd want to go to Walmart or any big store right now anyways. Unless they are doing something to limit people inside and aren't a cesspool of misc people back to back outside waiting to get in. Considering the thousands of people that have frequented grocery stores over the last week alone, I'd say all stores are due for a good deep cleaning.

If I were to visit a gun store right now, it would be a smaller shop that has taken over the top precautions to protect themselves and their customers. I don't have the same faith in the bigger stores to do but only the minimum.

Not to me - but then I have enough guns to arm my neighborhood (not taking into account how many of them already have guns), and taking into account that their ammo is depleted, plus how long it will take to get the BGC approved. Myself, I am going to avoid a gun store if at all possible (please, nobody post any kewl SIGs for sale at cheap prices).

I don't think I'd want to go to Walmart or any big store right now anyways. Unless they are doing something to limit people inside and aren't a cesspool of misc people back to back outside waiting to get in. Considering the thousands of people that have frequented grocery stores over the last week alone, I'd say all stores are due for a good deep cleaning.

If I were to visit a gun store right now, it would be a smaller shop that has taken over the top precautions to protect themselves and their customers. I don't have the same faith in the bigger stores to do but only the minimum.

Meh, going to the store doesn't scare me... I'll avoid it until I have to go, and make online orders if I have $30 worth or more, but when I needed to go pickup my script, my local store didn't have lines. They also didn't have half the grocery shelves full. Groceries are getting scarce. BTW, there are not much other options for grocery in my area.

But when I go, and I have been at least four times in the last two weeks, I use sanitizer before and after, stay away from others (I use the self checkout, which they disinfect after every use), touch few surfaces, wipe down all packages when I get home, then wash my hands again..... not worried about it at all.

Gun store.... I just have no pressing need, nothing I can't wait to obtain.

The most uncool thing is that a clothes washer internal drain hose broke and I have to go pick one up on Wednesday.

The most uncool thing is that a clothes washer internal drain hose broke and I have to go pick one up on Wednesday.
Amazon is way behind, but can this be ordered on there?

Might be worth asking around here if someone can get you this easier. That type of thing sucks without a viral pandemic.

Amazon is way behind, but can this be ordered on there?

Might be worth asking around here if someone can get you this easier. That type of thing sucks without a viral pandemic.

I buy all my appliances, mowers, etc from our local appliance store. It's important to keep stores in a small town supported if one wants them to be there when needed. That said, I still won't pay $50 for a $20 item. But parts are generally a standardized price. Except for yes, they can be found cheaper online.

However, I have found online ordering of parts to be a real PITA. You have to find the correct part # on your own, put it on a credit card, and then wait for shipping. The local guys can have it here in two days, if not overnight. This part is coming from Idaho to NE OR so it might just be here on Tues. :)

Just a local phone call and a chat with a real human, it was pretty easy with model # writ down... kinda like ordering car parts except appliances are not 10 diff parts for the same pump, etc! Small store, so my exposure to virus is pretty low when I pickup the part. Really not anymore than having all those UPS workers handling it!!!!! :eek:

Idit: I forgot to say "thanx"!!!

Last Edited:
Id say they are. People should have a right to go out and purchase a firearm or ammo. Especially those in high risk areas.

But then again if the non-firearm lifestyle, uneducated, panicked massed come to buy a firearm (as they have with TP) and rashly go out and kill people because they watch too much MSM and think its the end of the world.. thats the other side of the coin I don't condone.

So its a little tough.. we've all seen what most city and suburban folks can be like..
but at the same time we support the constitution and access because WE know how our types conduct ourselves and see no issue with this or why it should be limited.

But as we've seen with government, once they know they have the ability to do this uncontested.. they'll do it more often at the drop of a hat. Paired with further restriction to firearm rights or access as seen in NY, California..etc.

I don't think I'd want to go to Walmart or any big store right now anyways. Unless they are doing something to limit people inside and aren't a cesspool of misc people back to back outside waiting to get in.
I haven't seen any of that going on... been in about 2 dozen different Walmarts over the past 3 wks or so. No crowds, no lines. In fact, much less crowded than usual.

I haven't seen any of that going on... been in about 2 dozen different Walmarts over the past 3 wks or so. No crowds, no lines. In fact, much less crowded than usual.
Good to hear.

Good to hear.
If you go looking for food prepare to be flexible. Forget ammo or paper goods.

It's funny what gets taken and what gets left behind. I saw that one store was completely sold out of deviled ham but right next to where it would have been was dozens of cans of Vienna Sausages.
ALL of the Tai-Pei frozen chow mein was gone... except for the vegetarian stuff.
$1.00 Michelinas mac-n-cheese=GONE.
The $2.00 Stouffers? Plenty to go around.

Point being, nobody is starving and nobody is desperate. The supply chain has been and will continue to operate double-time. There are no more angry hoarders... they're at home in their TP forts eating deviled ham sandwiches on 2 week old Wonder bread.

They are "essential" to those who have made a firearm purchase ...and are stilling waiting for their back ground check and or waiting period to end.

Also since owning a firearm is a Right...by closing the gun store....does that mean that one is "closing" or at least infringing on a Right...?

Essential can mean many things to many different people....
Will I die without food or water...yes...so a grocery store can be seen as essential.
If one closes a gun store , or makes it so you can not buy a firearm , due to an "emergency"...then it may cause a panic....A panic causes more trouble....
Keeping a store open so there is no panic , or at least less of one , seems essential to me.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads