JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try this: 21 days of none of these foods

Soy
sugar
corn
gluten
milk products
eggs
peanuts

If the bedwetting pattern changes you can reintroduce these foods until you find the one that causes the problem. But do not try to remove these foods one at a time. You must just stop them all cold turkey. As a benefit you should put the entire family on this same diet. You will be amazed at what changes you see.

Removing milk products did it for me. I was a 6th grade bedwetter when my mother tried this diet. Years later I had reintroduced these foods into my diet and was overweight. I did the 21 day thing again and lost the weight (30 lbs and still losing) eating as much of anything I want other than the foods listed.

Tell me more. My wife and I are on a low carb diet. We do eat eggs and cheese though. Tell me what changes we would see

Like someone else said I commend you for reaching out. A lot of people don't and sometimes kids end of having real problems.
My brother had some issues when we were kids. Pooping his pants, nervous, emotional outbursts, never wanted to go to school. It all came to a head just out of high school when he got wasted and almost killed himself in a car wreck, then tried to swallow a bottle of pills.

Came out he was molested when we were kids. No one ever knew and he had been fighting with it for 13 years. You just never know what could be wrong.

Oregonhunter5, my guess is your son will take after you, and it will take care of itself naturally by about the same age it did for you. I hope some of the suggestions here will give your son relief before then. Mostly, and you already know this, reassuring him that this is far more common than people think. I had a cousin (double cousin in fact, my Father's sister married my Mother's brother) who was incontinent until he was in his teens. He went through a LOT of embarrassment as you can imagine.

And they say gun people are animals, with no feelings, or kindness. This thread is very humbling to me. When you guys look in the mirror tommorow, you stand tall, cause your honorable people. Thanks!

Tell me more. My wife and I are on a low carb diet. We do eat eggs and cheese though. Tell me what changes we would see

Everyone has some level of being allergic to the foods I listed. If you are allergic to one or more of the foods listed and have spent a lifetime eating these foods you have built up a level of toxicity within you. 21 days of not consuming these foods allows your body to detox itself and what ever reaction you had to them lessen or stop. We have become used to being told what allergies do to us. For the most part the obvious reactions we can readily tell. Those reactions that are less obvious will become apparent to you as the toxins are reduced.

I had unexplained aches and pains that with no other treatment were diminished and with continued adherence to the diet have gone away. Sleep has improved. Blood sugar was already being watched as I am a type 2 diabetic, but my blood sugar has become easier to control and the A1C levels have improved. Also as I stated before I have lost 30 plus pounds. Memory and problem solving has improved. I believe the foods listed have placed stress's upon my body that were not apparent and as those stress's were removed my well being has improved.

When I was a kid and my mother changed our diet my bedwetting stopped. I do not know if the diet change was the difference or if it was something I grew out of. Thru the years as I matured and started living on my own my diet reverted to the old easy way with processed foods which included the foods I've listed. I did not start wetting the bed again, but instead I had some other problems that I assumed were part of getting older. I stumbled upon this list via the internet when researching my diabetes. I practice this diet as much as is possible. I from time to time eat foods on the list but these foods have not re-entered my main diet.

Amazing information. I'm again finding his uneducated I am. Great stuff. I'm going to try this. Question, what do you eat for breakfast?

Buckwheat (gluten free), Steel cut oatmeal (also gluten free). I add berry's that I grow and freeze (Blueberry, marion, raspberry). Also I put chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts. I use unsweetened almond milk or water to make the cereal. For something different or for when I'm running late I have a smoothie made with a soy free protein shake mix with the above mentioned fruits and nuts.

For a sweetener I use stevia. Look it up it is an amazing sweetener. The sugar lobby has kept it suppressed in this and other countries.

It's hard to stay honest to this diet. But stay true to it for the 21 days. Then you can determine what food group you have the most problem with and stay away from that. But be careful your body will have a tolerance level for the others on the list and they may build up a toxin level on you and your back to where you were. We have a rule that we stay away from the listed foods except when we go out (rarely) or go camping (fun foods). What's camping with out eggs, bacon, bisquits and gravy or smoors

Great. Now the bacon is tough. Love bacon. But maybe I can quit that. Low carb is my game right now, so I'm trying to avoid the steel cut oats. On this list the ony thing we are eating is eggs, and cheese.

Low carb is good but in the case of your son, high fiber is better. Load him up on oatmeal, flax, vegetables and non-tropical fruits. Skip the refined foods. The closer to "raw" the better.

I really recommend reading that PDF I posted and trying at least one "round" of purging his system with Miralax and getting him on a healthy diet. It worked wonders for us. Our daughter still gets some Miralax every day. We notice that she regresses when not on it. It's hard to get kids to eat nothing but healthy foods in today's society.

Low carb is good but in the case of your son, high fiber is better. Load him up on oatmeal, flax, vegetables and non-tropical fruits. Skip the refined foods. The closer to "raw" the better.

I really recommend reading that PDF I posted and trying at least one "round" of purging his system with Miralax and getting him on a healthy diet. It worked wonders for us. Our daughter still gets some Miralax every day. We notice that she regresses when not on it. It's hard to get kids to eat nothing but healthy foods in today's society.

Will do. Side note. My wife and I are on low carb, not the kids. Sorry about that. That would be child abuse.

Will do. Side note. My wife and I are on low carb, not the kids. Sorry about that. That would be child abuse.

I lost 50 lbs permanently going low carb. following Atkins about ten years ago. Then I had total control of my meals as a single guy. My wife keeps reverting back to the conventional nutrition information that got me fat to begin with (it had nothing to do with me being lazy then and having a sedentary job). Now I'm losing weight again by keeping constantly busy working on an addition project and keeping the yard jungle at bay. It's been hard getting back in shape, and I have a LONG ways to go, but every week there is a positive change.

The way I implemented Atkins was to give myself a "free day" once every three weeks to a month where I could have pizza, ice cream, whatever. It made it easier to control some of my longings. After I went through about three of those I realized how overly sweetened everything was, got headaches until I burned it out of my system, then had to give up three days of weight loss to get back into ketosis.

BTW, one of my tricks was to use crumbled fried pork rinds as "breading" for chicken or pork dishes. It works surprisingly well. Also did a lot of baked pork in sauerkraut and apples. Add some Splenda brown sugar to the sauerkraut before baking and its like eating candy, but without the carbs (just avoid the sauce).

Be sure the person is checked for other physical causes too. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1983 when I was 36. It took them 11 years to find out what the cause of my problems were.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top