JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregonhunter5, I went thru this with my youngest Son.

Please don't think I'm implying anything but it was not until his Mother and I were going thru a messy divorce that that the psychologist's determinded it was due to his stressful home environment.

Some Children are more sensitive than others, but once I had full custody and a move away order to relocate my two minor Sons back to Oregon leaving her in Kalifornia things changed... zero bed wetting from then on.

If you can, get some professional help as it's very hard on the child to wake up that way, they think it's them.

One of my four younger brothers had an issue with this also. It was emotionally embarrassing for him as he basically couldn't stay at relatives or friends houses for the night due to it. I took in on myself to wake up twice a night to get him up and into the habit of waking up to go. It took about four months to get him into the routine, but it eventually worked. He's 50 now and still lets me know that it's my fault he can't sleep past 4 am. As posted by Navman, it's very hard on them. Good on you for trying to understand and reaching for advice.

I appreciate the advice thus far. Home life is good. I think so at least. I'm an intense dude. He is a sensitive kid, but also a tough wrestler. I think sleeping deep is the issue. It was very hard on me when I had this issue. I couldn't go to people's houses either for sleep overs. When I pissed the bed t a friends, I felt like a fool.

Try having him strengthen his bladder muscles by "holding it" as long as he can during the day before relieving himself. The conscience act of holding during the day not only strengthens those muscles but transfers into his subconscious so that it will be more natural to hold it than relaxing the bladder and peeing in the bed while asleep. It will mean some urgent runs to the bathroom during the day to relieve himself but the technique can be effective. Nothing to drink within 2 hours of bed time. Whatever it takes to help him get over this problem is worth the effort. Good luck.

I am not a doctor and haven't played one since I was a kid, with my neighbor Sally (she was an excellent patient). If the problem continues you might want to consult a doctor to make sure there isn't a physiological cause.

I'm not super knowledgeable on this specific subject, but I will say that I am big into natural health and fitness and one key advice I had about avoiding night-time bathroom trips is to minimize water intake 2 hours before bed. Essentially, most drinking should be done during the day and afternoon and decrease at night. Doing this, I have had better luck with not waking up in the middle of the night going to the bathroom. I am wondering if this may also help with the problem of bed-wetting?

There can be several reasons for bed wetting, some of which are a physical nature, nerve pinches, growing spurts cause some pinches.
A friend's nine year old grand daughter suddenly started losing control a random. A chiropractor has provided some relief.
The stress of the problem can compound the situation.
Check all avenues.

I had that problem. My parents took me to the doctor and he gave me some pills to cure it and they did. I didn't realize until much later that they were a placebo.

My youngest had it too up until about 11. We worked with him to give him incentives and also made sure he didn't drink after a certain time and we woke him up before we went to bed and had him go try. Took quite a while but he finally stopped.

As long as it's psychological, the zapper electronic (mild) shock bed pad devices work great. Same concept as a cattle fence, just milder. Don't know if they still sell em, but they do work

I wet the bed until I was 13. I have never had a problem talking about is as an adult. I remember being so embarrassed and ashamed at the time. Then, one day it simply stopped. I can only say that the psychological torture was terrible and an overbearing father didn't help. Be sure to let your boy know that it's OK and that he will get through it. Good luck.

We just cured our 8 year old:

Sorry for the long read below, you will learn more than you want to about bed wetting and "soiling". The treatment program is extreme but it worked for us.

Occult megarectum--a commonly unrecognized cause of ... [Urology. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

<broken link removed>

As long as her fiber load is regular and her food is good she has no problems. Too much processed junk or evening drinks and we will get a bad night.

Prior to the above, we tried everything. Bed wetting alarms, late night wake ups, bribes, and maybe even some exasperated yelling.:eek:

You may also consider switching to Himalayan salt, natural salt is largely deficient in our diets... Processed table salt is actually highly toxic. Our bodies however really benefit from natural mineral salts, which were part of our diets for 1000s of years until recently with the invention of high temperature salt refining. Natural salt helps the body hold water and nourishes us with with full spectrum of nutrients that our body needs.

Amazon.com: sea salt himalayan

Try this: 21 days of none of these foods

Soy
sugar
corn
gluten
milk products
eggs
peanuts

If the bedwetting pattern changes you can reintroduce these foods until you find the one that causes the problem. But do not try to remove these foods one at a time. You must just stop them all cold turkey. As a benefit you should put the entire family on this same diet. You will be amazed at what changes you see.

Removing milk products did it for me. I was a 6th grade bedwetter when my mother tried this diet. Years later I had reintroduced these foods into my diet and was overweight. I did the 21 day thing again and lost the weight (30 lbs and still losing) eating as much of anything I want other than the foods listed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top