JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read my own stories as a teen! I was reading it for the articles I swear!:s0140:

Playboy-Magazine-US-JulyAugust-2016-1000.jpg

Reading to your kids is important.
With that said...I know the following has some important differences from the article linked in the OP...

My daughter and I share our favorite passages from books with each other....we did this by reading aloud to each other.
Granted we did not do this as a "bed time story" , when she was older , 'cause that is , as the kids say : "Awkward" .

But by reading together we shared our interests and made positive memories.
Reading Shakespeare aloud to each other was fun for both of us...the "Twilight" series was fun for one of us...
( not me..:D ) But the memories made , were worth it.
Plus reading what she read...lead to excellent conversations about the book , the authors intent / message and could lead to looking into a different viewpoint , than what was presented in the book that was read.

My daughter was raised as a reader and had access to my library at an early age.
She learned to research what she was told , and find out for herself , question , learn and think for yourself.

Again I know the above is different than the article in the OP...Just wanted to say the reading to your kids ain't bad , if done differently.
Andy

Last Edited:
Reading to your kids is important.
With that said...I know the following has some important differences from the article linked in the OP...

My daughter and I share our favorite passages from books with each other....we did this by reading aloud to each other.
Granted we did not do this as a "bed time story" , when she was older , 'cause that is , as the kids say : "Awkward" .

But by reading together we shared our interests and made positive memories.
Reading Shakespeare aloud to each other was fun for both of us...the "Twilight" series was fun for one of us...
( not me..:D ) But the memories made , were worth it.
Plus reading what she read...lead to excellent conversations about the book , the authors intent / message and could lead to looking into a different viewpoint , than what was presented in the book that was read.

My daughter was raised as a reader and had access to my library at an early age.
She learned to research what she was told , and find out for herself , question , learn and think for yourself.

Again I know the above is different than the article in the OP...Just wanted to say the reading to your kids ain't bad , if done differently.
Andy

I can't like that enough, with the emoticons available here! That is a really neat idea Andy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top