JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regardless, I am quite serious about moving. The results from this last election have shown me the state is pretty much lost. After 2 years of complete bubblegum and decay if the majority of people people who live here are going to vote for more of the same, I see no reason to stick around. Imo and it's only my opinion, things will only continue to get worse.
Have to agree. Moved to Portland in '79 met, and married my wife a native Oregonian. Work had me moving around from SF to Seattle, retired to (Central) OR where our daughter lives. The politics are increasingly unsufferable and unstainable. Expect to be gone within 3-5 yrs.

To a free state. ID, AZ or TX. Prefer somewhere our votes might actually count for something.

Small town like Sisters hasn't gone full woke. The schools are good, so the kids won't get the full Portland insanity.

I'll move if that changes, but until then, I'm sticking around.
Sisters, Madris and Bend are a slight majority blue now, from what I see.
The rest of Deschutes is pretty solid red but those are the population centers for Cent. OR.

Some parts are quite nice, but sadly you need Cheney style wealth to live there. Nobody who works in Jackson can afford to live there. When I lived in Idaho Falls it was pointed out the labor force lived in single wides in Hoback and commuted. Cody is also great but also expensive.

There are some decent affordable areas around Sheridan as well as parts of eastern WY near Mt Rushmore. Riverton is pretty OK as well. Cheyenne not one of my favorite spots though they do have that upscale truck stop just to the west.
All good info. I've been checking out Wyoming as well. Just looked up info for Cody tonight in fact. More than likely we're looking at the Pocatello/chubbuck area or close by. Maybe Rexburg. Not 100% sure just yet.

I decided to take a 2 year vacation from the riotous hordes of black-clad neofascists, and to spend some time in a State that honored one's right to self-protection. I had planned on returning, but Oregon isn't looking any better than when I started the 2 year hiatus. I may just cross PDX off the location under my avatar.

I find it to be very nice here, and the other citizens seem much happier than the ones I interacted with in Oregon. There are infringements coming this direction, I am not sure how long it will be until they arrive... But, for now, I am able to breathe freely,

I wish everyone good health and much happiness no matter what they decide.

Much respect to those who have drawn the line and continue to fight.

MT "now jinxed and while shopping for eggs tomorrow will probably get stabbed by one of those seemingly happy citizens" pockets

:eek:

:D

All good info. I've been checking out Wyoming as well. Just looked up info for Cody tonight in fact. More than likely we're looking at the Pocatello/chubbuck area or close by. Maybe Rexburg. Not 100% sure just yet.
Those are all great areas. The snow is a beautiful dry powder. A lot of times you can get rid of it from decks and entryways with a broom. Don;t forget Blackfoot as it's halfway between Idaho Falls and Pocatello so easy access to the shopping districts (IF has Sam's Club, and side by side a Cabelas and a Sportsmens where Pokey has Costco and a lot of new activity).

If you like natural hot springs then Lava Hot Springs is nearby with the most amazing spring coming out of a natural grotto. It's improved but only in good ways and they also ohave a great swimming complex.

Be wary - Idaho is the next domino to fall as the Locusts begin to abandon Oregon and move elsewhere.

Boise is already chock full of them and when they have the tiniest of margins over the rest of Idaho it will be Oregon all over again.
Very true. My family and I were scouting out parts of Idaho including Boise and when we visited there we saw a lot of CA license plates, in fact, that's the first thing the woman on staff at the visitor's center complained about when we struck up a conversation. It was nowhere near the number of plates I see here recently in Oregon, but you can bet that soon Boise will be on equal footing.

It's my belief that the mass influx of Californians here in Oregon definitely influenced the outcome of the vote on 114.

No. I dig guns, but I also want my kid to be able to decide what she wants to do with her own damn body when she grows up. I also don't want to live anywhere that a candidates' religion—or pandering to a particular religious group of voters—is a serious consideration of the electorate. Also the Ocean is more important than politics.

There used to be a more libertarian strain of western conservatism that I could appreciate, but the current GOP is not that. IMO it cares less about freedom and cares more about being the nanny-state for the evangelical right…and business…always business.

Last Edited:
PERS is not the gravy train it used to be. Since the reforms of about 2005 or so it is little more than a glorified 401k. The biggest problem is the continued expansion of state government and the size of the "workforce," not the retirement plan.
What's the unfunded liability? COVID and the current market aren't helping.

Last I looked the unfunded liability was $20 billion.

B, billion.

P

I live on ten acres of paradise, am too old to move, and just hope that Greater Idaho will reach me in my lifetime.

"I wouldn't mind living in Idaho, if I didn't have to move."

No. I dig guns, but I also want my kid to be able to decide what she wants to do with her own damn body when she grows up.

There used to be a more libertarian strain of western conservatism that I could appreciate, but the current GOP is not that. IMO it cares less about freedom and cares more about being the nanny-state for the evangelical right…and business…always business.
FYI, multiple polls show a majority of the public support abortion up to 12-15 weeks, a minority of mostly religious people want it banned, like a minority of mostly radical liberals want it on demand up to birth.

We all had a front row seat to how the left views freedom with political cancel culture, pandemic lockdowns/mandates, weed shops designated 'critical businesses" and FFLs flagged as non-critical. And if the SHTF, Portland is ground zero. Good luck with that.

PERS is not the gravy train it used to be. Since the reforms of about 2005 or so it is little more than a glorified 401k. The biggest problem is the continued expansion of state government and the size of the "workforce," not the retirement plan.

Wish you luck with that. I have driven through Wyoming several times. You couldn't pay me to live there.

Not even close.

Thank you

This is definitely a concernOne of the dumbest things Oregonians have ever done.

Wish you luck with that. I have driven through Wyoming several times. You couldn't pay me to live there.

Not even close.

This is definitely a concern. One of the dumbest things Oregonians have ever done.
Thank you for proving my point

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads