JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everythings a trade off.
If you move you may or may not enjoy the rest of your life in freedom, but moving is helping the antis win.
The only way to win is to say no more where your at right now.

I cannot recommend South Carolina enough. Weather, taxes, cost of living, rightmindedness etc.
In the last 2 years I visited Ohio, Colorado, South Dakota, passing through Kansas and Nebraska. Outside of a coastline, all of them had a lot to offer. Tennessee and Carolinas are next on the list. Looking to retire in the next few yrs but things do change pretty rapidly these days.

In the last 2 years I visited Ohio, Colorado, South Dakota, passing through Kansas and Nebraska. Outside of a coastline, all of them had a lot to offer. Tennessee and Carolinas are next on the list. Looking to retire in the next few yrs but things do change pretty rapidly these days.
I like the non Memphis part of Tennessee :)

The only way to win is to say no more where your at right now.
I have found that that approach did not work very well up here, after trying diligently for 30+ years.
At some point, one has to learn when one is beaten, the cause is lost, and then move to greener pastures.
I am at that very point...

Mind you that this THREAD was originally made over a year ago.
BUT, But, but.......to calm any fears. Well.....

1701817546541.png

Aloha, Mark

I have found that that approach did not work very well up here, after trying diligently for 30+ years.
At some point, one has to learn when one is beaten, the cause is lost, and then move to greener pastures.
I am at that very point...
Then they've won...

Its how they've won NY, Cali... now Wa.
Idaho is next.

The future of gun rights is dead if we keep moving.

Then they've won...

Idaho is next.

Precisely--they straight-up SAID long ago that their intent was to solidify control of the Messed Coast then push out and colonize the next states to the east, rinse and repeat. Google "Blue Wall Strategy."

Then they've won...

Idaho is next.

Precisely--they straight-up SAID long ago that their intent was to solidify control of the Messed Coast then push out and colonize the next states to the east, rinse and repeat. Google "Blue Wall Strategy."
So if that's the case, when can we start hanging them for such unconstitutional violations? 🤔

Last Edited:
Idaho is next.
That's what many have been predicting/fearing: that Idaho is being overrun by left-leaning voters. However, if the data in the article I'm referencing in my earlier post is correct, the opposite is actually true: new arrivals are apparently increasing the conservative voter base. Of course, they will also have to vote to make a difference. :rolleyes:

Then they've won...

Idaho is next.

That's what many have been predicting/fearing: that Idaho is being overrun by left-leaning voters. However, if the data in the article I'm referencing in my earlier post is correct, the opposite is actually true: new arrivals are apparently increasing the conservative voter base. Of course, they will also have to vote to make a difference. :rolleyes:
Does that data also calculate the median ages of those moving to Idaho? Because if it's mostly older people, as in Gen X or even boomers... and not as many Millennials and Gen Zs.. then they (the leftist Statists) just have to wait out and export young people to these places.. say, make Cour D'Alene, Boise, et al all "chic and hip places to settle and transform"... much exactly like how Katz did it for Portland, how the Ds in Oregon did to bring those in Colorado and California to Oregon by making Oregon the "hip, chic place to be and to transform".

Does that data also calculate the median ages of those moving to Idaho? Because if it's mostly older people, as in Gen X or even boomers... and not as many Millennials and Gen Zs.. then they (the leftist Statists) just have to wait out and export young people to these places.. say, make Cour D'Alene, Boise, et al all "chic and hip places to settle and transform"... much exactly like how Katz did it for Portland, how the Ds in Oregon did to bring those in Colorado and California to Oregon by making Oregon the "hip, chic place to be and to transform".
I really think it was the housing market that did it more than anything else. San Francisco got priced into the stratosphere long before it happened to most other urban areas in the US . If you were young in SF and you couldn't afford to move to Seattle , where you really wanted to live,because you were essentially a bum you settled for the next best thing and that was Portland. Then you called your friends after a couple of years and told them how it really wasn't THAT bad in Portland and how you and your friends had terraformed the placed and pretty soon they moved up too and you had created a more San Francisco-ier San Francisco of the north. It was still cheaper than Seattle, where you really wanted to live, but it was a fraction of what it cost in Seattle . Then you and your friends coopted the hippy lifestyle of Oregon and turned it into the Radical left lifestyle when your numbers got high enough to elect people like Katz.

I think I mentioned this in another post, but when I visited Boise with the family there were California plates everywhere. We also stopped by the visitor center and the first topic of conversation with the little old lady volunteer was complaining about the huge surge of Californians now residing in Boise.

I may be young, 40 going on 41, but I remember when Ashland Oregon was the kooky weird place and Portland a respectable fishing/industrial place, with a good timber industry, very sleepy coastal towns that just weren't tourist traps.. this was the 80s. But I also remember during that time, the whole enviro-nut thing and the killing of the timber industry.. before Katz. Portland was still somewhat respectable during the late 80s to mid 90s until Katz. Also about the same time (early 80s) Colorado went from a sleepy, quiet mining and forestry state to being the destination for wealthy snow skiers and affluent business people banking on Aspen and Denver.

I think I mentioned this in another post, but when I visited Boise with the family there were California plates everywhere. We also stopped by the visitor center and the first topic of conversation with the little old lady volunteer was complaining about the huge surge of Californians now residing in Boise.
Another symptom of the California housing market. Sell your $1.4 million shack in Ventura , bypass the crazies in Oregon, the sogginess of Western Washington and pick up a McMansion in Coeur d'Alene for cash where your buck goes further.

I would not be surprise if there was a surge in conservatives moving to free states, but a surge is a temporary consolidation of conservatives while the liberal voting base grows and expands or we wouldnt be here. The liberal base wants new areas just as much as conservatives and are expanding into Idaho, montana is next.

During the Covid thing, there were several articles telling people to move to Wyoming to do remote work and save $$ on real estate... aimed directly at Gen Z and Millenials. I'd bank on Wyoming being next after Montana, heard that housing costs around Bozeman went up to the same levels as Salem Oregon, and now even higher.

I may be young, 40 going on 41, but I remember when Ashland Oregon was the kooky weird place and Portland a respectable fishing/industrial place, with a good timber industry, very sleepy coastal towns that just weren't tourist traps.. this was the 80s. But I also remember during that time, the whole enviro-nut thing and the killing of the timber industry.. before Katz. Portland was still somewhat respectable during the late 80s to mid 90s until Katz. Also about the same time (early 80s) Colorado went from a sleepy, quiet mining and forestry state to being the destination for wealthy snow skiers and affluent business people banking on Aspen...
Ashland is still weird, however the rest of Jackson County keeps the weirdness in check. For the most part.

Likely the real reason Ashland didn't explode (like Portland)? Size/Lack of housing/low population.

The true weird folks of Ashland work, always have. To some extent, even if only seasonally (theaters/studios/ski) or tourist industry.

Up Portland way? More minimum wage/entry level type jobs. Perhaps by a factor of x 1000.

I would not be surprise if there was a surge in conservatives moving to free states, but a surge is a temporary consolidation of conservatives while the liberal voting base grows and expands or we wouldnt be here. The liberal base wants new areas just as much as conservatives and are expanding into Idaho, montana is next.
Absolutely true. Remember when Orange County was a conservative bastion? Those people are retiring and bugging the hell out of California while they can cash in on their homes. Theyre looking for cheap places to live where people share their values. Unfortunately, the act of doing so is making those places not so cheap.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top