JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I had any firearms I sure would not post them on any site like the one here "show your guns" This man's experience is why I enjoy this site's information is why I am here

You mean like the 38-pages of 'Post your AR's' here on an open forum? And probably more than a couple of those members 'can't be bothered' to participate in the Legal/Political efforts.:rolleyes:

I've been half-tempted to post something snarky over there to maybe get some of them get a little more 'woke.'

Boss

I have no doubt that I am on someone's "watch list"...
Seeing as how :
I am on a gun forum...
As well as being a Veteran that has seen combat...
I have bought guns through a FFL..

I will post pictures of guns of mine that I feel , may be of interest to others...
And before someone says :
"Yeah but yers are those old muzzleloaders and don't count..."
Any firearm will eventually be on someone's "You can't own this " list...
And I really do own some of them new fangled cartridge guns and have posted pictures of them as well.

I like guns...I like my guns...I like sharing knowledge...
It is not a crime to own or like guns. ( Yet )
And if that "Yet" comes to past ....then I will be a criminal , in someone's eyes.

I also vote pro gun and for pro gun representatives....as well as displaying my collection when at various museums and shows...with the "aim" of :
Education about the history of firearms...
The role of firearms in American history...
Showing that gun owners are not the common stereotype shown on TV , movies and other media...
Explaining how a firearm works...
Showing that one can be around firearms , gun powder , bullets / round ball , sharp knives and such....and not have anyone get hurt or killed....

The point of my long ramble here is :
What happened in the OP can happen here , if we let it....
And...
To remember that we are not the ones in the wrong here...Owning a gun and knowing how to use it is not a crime...but one of your Rights.
Andy

I used the term "eventually"...
'Cause even some "gun guys "...seem to think that muzzleloaders are:
"Not really guns ..." ( Yes I actually have heard this ...:eek: :rolleyes: )
And for the most part in many states , muzzleloaders are not on the radar yet...Fox News notwithstanding...
That said...
I stand by my statement of any firearm will eventually be on someone's "You can't own this list"
Eventually , may indeed come sooner , than anyone would like....
Andy

Seeing as how :
I am on a gun forum...
Safe assumption that if you're a Combat Vet or associated with them, particularly the boots-on-ground-rifle-in-hand MOS'es, even Pararescue, you're probably toward the top of the Kill List. Top being SF/Counterinsurgency/black ops types, anybody who specializes in getting into the enemy's rear and hitting 'em where it hurts.

I'm probably marked for being surrounded in my social circle by old Cold Warriors who despite being grandparents and great-grandparents now, when they swore their oaths they meant them and are still ready to back those words up with deeds if called upon.

Safe assumption that if you're a Combat Vet or associated with them, particularly the boots-on-ground-rifle-in-hand MOS'es, even Pararescue, you're probably toward the top of the Kill List. Top being SF/Counterinsurgency/black ops types, anybody who specializes in getting into the enemy's rear and hitting 'em where it hurts.
Well :
Airborne...
Ranger...
SERE School...
LRRP / LRSD Units...
And attached to Special Operations Command a few times....
As well as combat tours....
EEK...!
I am a bad man....:D
( Not really , for the last part at least...:D )
Andy

Well :
Airborne...
Ranger...
SERE School...
LRRP / LRSD Units...
And attached to Special Operations Command a few times....
EEK...!
I am a bad man....:D
( Not really , for the last part at least...:D )
Andy
Oh, yes, you are, really... a bad man to be on the wrong side of, which is precisely why they hate and fear men like you so. :) If I were putting together a Neighborhood Watch program and you were on my block, you'd actually be my first call...

If they'll go through all that for a lever .22, imagine what they'd do for an AR with a handful of pmags. Heck, a 10/22, even

ORS 166.412

(a) The department may retain a record of the information obtained during a request for a criminal history record check for no more than five years.

And if you believe they delete/destroy the record after five years, I have a bridge I would like to sell you. ;)

1578888981608.png

Last Edited:
Seeing as how :
I am on a gun forum...

I will post pictures of guns of mine that I feel , may be of interest to others...
And before someone says :
"Yeah but yers are those old muzzleloaders and don't count..."
Any firearm will eventually be on someone's "You can't own this " list...
And I really do own some of them new fangled cartridge guns and have posted pictures of them as well.

I like guns...I like my guns...I like sharing knowledge...
It is not a crime to own or like guns. ( Yet )
And if that "Yet" comes to past ....then I will be a criminal , in someone's eyes.

I also vote pro gun and for pro gun representatives....as well as displaying my collection when at various museums and shows...with the "aim" of :
Education about the history of firearms...
The role of firearms in American history...
Showing that gun owners are not the common stereotype shown on TV , movies and other media...
Explaining how a firearm works...
Showing that one can be around firearms , gun powder , bullets / round ball , sharp knives and such....and not have anyone get hurt or killed....

The point of my long ramble here is :
What happened in the OP can happen here , if we let it....
And...
To remember that we are not the ones in the wrong here...Owning a gun and knowing how to use it is not a crime...but one of your Rights.
Andy
I didn't know you had any guns made during the last century!

I didn't know you had any guns made during the last century!

Oh yeah...
My favorite being my 20 gauge , 870 Wingmaster made in 1962.
It was given to me by my grandfather...and has gotten many a rabbit , squirrel , and grouse...
Heck I even own a AR15 Carbine...:D
I do own and shoot guns that aren't muzzleloaders...but yep muzzleloaders are my favorite.
Andy

"They implied that they'd keep having to raid the houses of people I knew until the firearm turned up. "

Let that sink in...

Boss

Hello,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you!

Side notes next and not to you specifically here:

There are still SOME people on some gun/political forums that do NOT think that it will happen here in the US of A because nothing like that would EVER happen in their state. Cough, cough.

I wrote about this very type of thing when it came to a 22lr lever action rifle many years ago and throughout the last few years too. I said that MANY, not all, 22lr lever action rifles held shorts, longs and long rifle cartridges and the capacity (Tubular loading magazine.) would be 10 rounds and up for those specific rifles.

I said that IF push came to shove, that some .gov anti gun official would put them on a LONG LIST of prohibited guns in specific locations - specific states due to the 10 rounds or more capacity of said rifle.

LO and BEHOLD, there were LISTS on various .gov websites that had a LIST OF THOSE 22LR LEVER ACTION RIFLES! It was all over the internet and NOT some scuttlebutt or so called FAKE NEWS as some people like to call some things now.

Well, some of those states that wanted to prohibit those 22lr lever action rifles in VARIOUS brand names changed their tune and removed them but they said that they might PUT THEM back on the BAD GUN - prohibited (LOL) LIST again at a later date.

Some people did not believe me when I said, if it comes to 10 rounds or more that this COULD HAPPEN and then that LIST came out and it was a very LONG list too. ALL kinds of guns were on it INCLUDING those evil (LOL) lever action rifles!

IF they can BAN one gun or one acc. for one gun - what makes gun people think that they can't GO AFTER any other gun?! They want them ALL GONE! Bolt, lever, single shot, semi automatic, single action, double action, you name it!

They WILL go after ammunition and RELOADING SUPPLIES and equipment! Cast bullet stuff too. I do believe that they will go after black powder too.

THEY WANT IT ALL GONE and if it takes going after little, honest, taxpaying, middle class Jane or Joe (Working or Retired!) to achieve this GOAL - they will do it. And I am talking about AMERICA now and not NZ or other nations too.

Yet, they will continue to let the hard core criminals LOOSE, the illegal aliens aka criminals loose and the LIFE LONG on the dole leeches - bottom feeders continue on with their LIFESTYLE and EXPECT us working/retired slobs to PAY FOR their free s army LIFESTYLES! Gggrrrrr.

Got ammunition? Got reloading supplies and lead casting supplies if you choose to do this? Got black powder? Got knives, axes, 'hawks and other tools?

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
This is what "lift every voice" and Ceasefire/MomsDemand-OR consider "common sense and reasonable"

My House Was Raided Over A .22LR Lever Action Rifle

Hello,

I specifically wanted to THANK YOU for this post/thread of yours. I just wanted to tell you this instead of just pushing a button on how SAD it makes me feel on what happened to this man in the story.

I showed it to my husband just now over his coffee and we discussed some old posts/threads of mine on long gone forums and on some other forums that I no longer post on.

(He quit posting on forums a LONG time ago including ones that he owned, ran and/or moderated on. He got tired of gun people NOT believing on what was coming down the road in the anti gun - anti RKBA agenda from ALL political parties in this country.)

He and I are very tired of gun people being pitted against one another too.

We believe that IF the anti RKBA folks IN and OUT of the government want to come after ONE GUN or ONE PART or ACC. FOR ONE GUN - they will have NO problem coming after ANY TYPE OF GUN.

That is why BOTH of us support ownership of ALL KINDS of guns for people who CHOOSE to buy, own, conceal or open carry or shoot any type of firearm NO matter what IT looks like.

I like the LOOKS and feel - weight of some guns over others. Other people like what they own. Just because I liked/like to own some former and present firearms over some others does not make me RIGHT and them wrong. VICE VERSA!

What works for ME and what I think is pretty, reliable, quality made, etc. is MY choice in firearms. Vice versa!

Gun people need to stick together and stop calling each other names too. Especially IF we believe that every single gun person has a right to BUY a gun no matter what it LOOKS LIKE or who makes it or how many rounds it holds.

Thanks again for your thread!

Sincerely,

Catherine (Real name.) aka Old Lady Cate
Montana

Last Edited:
Lucky for you they are only interested in weapons of war. For some reason they lead the public into believing war started in 1947and ended around 1962.
Maybe lucky for now...
But...
I still say that :
Any firearm will eventually end up on someone's "You can't own this list".

As for "weapons of war"...
I have some flintlock rifles..
Flintlock rifles , civilian made , and in civilian hands made life Hell for the English during our Revolution and the War of 1812.

With that said...
I dislike the the idea of 'weapons of war" as used by Anti-Gun people...it is a broad sweeping term that can easily be misused.
Andy

Maybe lucky for now...
But...
I still say that :
Any firearm will eventually end up on someone's "You can't own this list".

As for "weapons of war"...
I have some flintlock rifles..
Flintlock rifles , civilian made , and in civilian hands made life Hell for the English during our Revolution and the War of 1812.

With that said...
I dislike the the idea of 'weapons of war" as used by Anti-Gun people...it is a broad sweeping term that can easily be misused.
Andy
An AR 15 is not a weapon of war. Neither is my Vepr. But my muzzleloading pistol was used as a weapon of war, as were several swords in my office.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top