JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So just a fun project idea. What parts would i look at for a dirt cheap but still decently reliable AR-15 build? No fancy parts or emphasis on hitting 1 inch groups at 200-300 yards. Just something you can dirty up, drop and have a good time putting lead down range.

Part lists are welcome :D

Part of having a good time to me is hitting what I am shooting at. I think you need to decide what is acceptable accuracy - is 4" at 100 yards acceptable? To me it would not be.

Part of having a good time to me is hitting what I am shooting at. I think you need to decide what is acceptable accuracy - is 4" at 100 yards acceptable? To me it would not be.
Probably like 2-3" at 100 yards would be acceptable. Would shell out a few more bucks to make sure you can still hit your target but still aiming for bottom of the barrel. Really wanting to do something i can let a new shooter use without getting out my good guns.

I am not sure that you can build much cheaper than some of the budget ARs out there today unless you use used parts to do it. I have seen ARs for less than 500$. I know this is a build thread but if you have to buy the parts maybe it's about the same to buy a preassembled rifle.

Barrel, bolt, trigger, optics or irons. Those parts must be somewhat good. The rest can be build out of left overs if you know what you are doing. All, fun, easy and doable.

It is more the build procedures than many parts. Particularly barrel and receiver prepping and truing. Especially and particularly barrel torquing and OEM irons indexing.

hundreds of builds.

I am not sure that you can build much cheaper than some of the budget ARs out there today to unless you use used parts do it. I have seen ARs for less than 500$. I know this is a build thread but if you have to buy the parts maybe it's about the same to buy a preassembled rifle.

That's how I did it, I just build built my daughter a complete lower for the price of a SIONICS stripped lower, which was $80, by using my Colt and BCM take off parts. The only other part I had to buy was a QD RE end plate because I wanted her to have the optional sling point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top