JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember in basic and AIT we had to use RBC and then LSA... I remember thinking, "this sheite is just kerosene, man!!" (Smelled just like kerosene.... duh). Then hit permanent party at my first duty station and it was all Break Free CLP....

It's been long enough I really don't remember what LSA smelled like, but I don't remember a kerosene smell. Kerosene has some cleaning qualities, but LSA supposedly had little cleaning quality. Still, that's what we used for both cleaning, lubricating, and protecting. Nothing else was available to us. CLP was not introduced to ordnance til long after I was out of the service. As a civilian, I was never enamored with CLP.

Back to LSA or LSA-T...Don't remember why, but we were tasked with mothballing an entire company's arsenal of M-16's. Cleaned them, and then painted them liberally with nothing more than LSA, til they were dripping. Maybe that's why arms rooms had their own special smell.

WAYNO.

get a black nitride BCG and dont lube it :s0023:

on my milspec phosphate one i use ac delco 75w90 full synthetic gear oil with grape scent or dexron VI ATF.... LOL :s0114:

i get for free at work :D

For my EDC I use CLP on the fast moving parts and AeroShell Grease #6 on the slow moving parts. I use just enough to get a satiny appearance, which is enough to keep everything working, but not enough to leak all over the place. I function check and lube if necessary every week.

I use the same products on my ARs but, like everyone else is telling you, more of it. And for exactly the same reasons. The worst an over-lubed AR will do is spit on you. An under-lubed AR will eventually bubblegum on you.

For long term storage I use Eezox. Great water repellent, stays in place forever (doesn't dry up or spread out) and it's a decent lube.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top