JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had "pan-charred" brats (eaten with a dollop of mustard) with greenbeans and boiled baby-red 'taters with a pat 'o butter and chopped parsley for supper last night... I'm getting keen on chicken-apple brats these days.

Whoda thunk a bayonette thread could inspire one's supper?!

Gawd, I love this place! ;)

Chicken apple is a good one. I do a light simmer with a bit of beer to cook them and then throw them on the Traeger to finish them off with some smoky flavor.

My home defense plan against a known intruder consists of taking a kneeling position in the corner behind the bed, covering the door with a Remington 870 full of 00 buck, and calling 911. Whoever is downstairs can have my TV or my DVD player, my insurance will fully reimburse me for those items and I wont wind up with PTSD or having to replace drywall and carpeting after blowing someone away. If I "just hear a noise" that requires investigating, the shotgun stays behind and I investigate with a 5 cell Mag Light in one hand and a .357 revolver in the other. I have no bayonet training, I dont currently own a weapon that has one, and I cannot possibly imagine a scenario where a bayonet could possibly be of any use to me for self defense. Sounds like a dumb idea to me.

My home defense plan against a known intruder consists of taking a kneeling position in the corner behind the bed, covering the door with a Remington 870 full of 00 buck, and calling 911. Whoever is downstairs can have my TV or my DVD player, my insurance will fully reimburse me for those items and I wont wind up with PTSD or having to replace drywall and carpeting after blowing someone away. If I "just hear a noise" that requires investigating, the shotgun stays behind and I investigate with a 5 cell Mag Light in one hand and a .357 revolver in the other. I have no bayonet training, I dont currently own a weapon that has one, and I cannot possibly imagine a scenario where a bayonet could possibly be of any use to me for self defense. Sounds like a dumb idea to me.

Does make sense to me. I have two young daughters so I am far from going to hide and let anyone take what they want even though I too have insurance on all my tablets, tvs, all the crap I do not really need but bought anyway. I do not tend to grab my shotgun when I hear something out of whack though. I have my M&P with a very bright light/with laser combo on the rail and I grab that to investigate the house. The light would be extremely blinding if I switched it on when someone was in the dark and the laser I would hope would be intimidating. 15 rounds of 40 makes me feel safe. I would rather use a shotgun but I really feel like I have a better setup with my pistol to walk around my small house and tight corners. If I heard voices I would likely grab the shotgun but I am really not sure. I say a knife on the end would be cool but that is all it would be and I would never really put one on any of my guns unless it was a old rifle that came with one and in that case it would sure as hell not be my go to HD gun as those are the shotgun, 40 cal, Wifes SP101 .357. I cannot see even the intimidation of the knife as the gun itself is going to be what does the job in the end anyhow and any bad guy likely knows that and may think you have nothing but a knife if you come out with a old looking rifle with a big blade on the end.

I have bayonets for most of my milsurps, why not? There seems to be an aversion to getting up close and personal. Look at all the emphasis on long range shooting. Give me a long knife and darkness anytime. Don't need a "can", all that can be heard is a gurgle or two. Gerber guardian is my friend along with my M3, also considering getting some piano wire and making up a garotte.

I have bayonets for most of my milsurps, why not? There seems to be an aversion to getting up close and personal. Look at all the emphasis on long range shooting. Give me a long knife and darkness anytime. Don't need a "can", all that can be heard is a gurgle or two. Gerber guardian is my friend along with my M3, also considering getting some piano wire and making up a garotte.

Some things are better left just as a thought...not typed out on the net.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top