JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pulled the batteries on my Garmin this morning. They were new in October. Checked other devices right away too. 8 batteries each in the dog caller and the trail cams. No problems with the trail cams but the Garmin and the coyote caller both had corroding Duracells. Glad I caught it. This is not the first time I have had problems with this brand. Anybody else having problems with Duracell batteries?

Not with duracell but I noticed the big pack i bought off amazon don't seem to be lasting very long and its Energizer. Dunno if maybe bad batch or what but the kirkland brand I got from costco lasted WAAAY longer for general use of things.

The ones I've had trouble with are the Kirkland Brand from Costco. I've bought Duracells instead and haven't had problems, yet.

I too have had problems with Kirkland brand batteries leaking as well. I buy Duracell and I have not had issues with them leaking.

Duracells have been my downfall too. I finally learned my lesson and for a few years now all of my equipment uses Energizer Ultimate Lithium cells. Except I still use Streamlight or Surefire batteries in my CR123 equipped flashlights. I've used these CR123 batteries for many years and have never had one leak.

I've lost quite a few flashlights and some devices to Duracells, the most expensive being a Garmin ETrex.
Werker batteries used to be OK, the last packs I bought don't even last as long as Dollar Tree Long Life (non alkaline) batteries.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top