JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got booted off of Ifish. I was "duckboy" over there. Posted tons of photoessays about birdhunting with my dogs. I volunteered at their christmas events, and got booted nonetheless. I even wrote a story that Jenny voted "Best of ifish."

I think it is funny that they don't allow politics to be mentioned, It is kind of the elephant in the room anymore.

PS Pharmseller, I still have that 1894c One of my favorites. It'll probably be banned from possession soon, hopefully I won't get banned here too.

I got booted off of Ifish. I was "duckboy" over there. Posted tons of photoessays about birdhunting with my dogs. I volunteered at their christmas events, and got booted nonetheless. I even wrote a story that Jenny voted "Best of ifish."

I think it is funny that they don't allow politics to be mentioned, It is kind of the elephant in the room anymore.

PS Pharmseller, I still have that 1894c One of my favorites. It'll probably be banned from possession soon, hopefully I won't get banned here too.
Thereddog: (one of my old nick's before it all went grey) Why will your 1894c .357 carbine be banned soon? Just curious why a hunting lever gun would be banned from possession? TY, Dun

Ifish and approximately 300+ forums are owned and operated out of Canada by VerticalScope Inc.

Their mods I believe are actually bots who automatically ban & delete in the blink of an eye if another member whines.

Hello,

I never heard of the forum called I Fish before.

I did read where a Canadian company who owns a Canadian newspaper too bought up a whole bunch of U.S. gun, knife, survival, etc. forums. I believe that we are talking about the company that you mentioned above.

It has been some time since I read, spoke and wrote about that big buy out from a Canadian company.

Thank you for the reminder here.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=bH....5288.0j36j2......0....1..gws-wiz.R_ZKMPZ-H6I

Torstar Owns Company Running Dozens Of American Gun Forums

Cate

I got booted off reddit sub r/GunsAreCool. This is actually an anti-gun sub. They like to post stuff about white guys shooting people and accidental shootings. I posted some stuff about legitimate self defense shootings by cops and civilians and argued (sarcastically) how unjust the shootings were. I was quickly found out.

Most of you perceive 'ban' as being physically & permanently prevented from accessing your favorite site, but "i have read" of instances where moderator/administrator/owner can 'tinker' with a members sign in, feature access and so forth which hobbles the affected member activities, e.g.,

going to check mail/alerts takes 5-6 attempts as each attempt causes the program to cycle to the site's main page; or

the site kicks the member out to a blank browser screen so they must resubmit back to the site; or

while composing a post numberous warnings pop up stating the activity is suspended as an error has been received; or

when the 'post reply' is hit the screen blinks and all that was written is gone and the member is sitting...yep at the main screen; or

the 'post reply' must be hit numerous times before the written post is put in the thread; or
logging out also takes numerous attempts befor a member is logged off the site.

So which is worse banning or subtle hobbling nuances to show, as a constant reminder, to any member 'who' is in control and charge at any given time.

Kudos to Andy you are without a doubt one of the unbiased and even handed moderators i have seen in my years of crusing these sites [there was one other but alas he recently passed]

To this site's membership the tale above, if it remains, is i how my access was hobbled late summer because a new moderator took exception to a post of mine.

Joe & country you win, the ROI isn't worth my time, therefore, i wish you the best with your real and perceived endeavors but unfortunately i believe your forum has completely lost sight it's original firearm advocacy creed and turned the forum into a backpage wantabe, as such, shan't grace your site again.

Dune...best and enjoyed sharing..

Most of you perceive 'ban' as being physically & permanently prevented from accessing your favorite site, but "i have read" of instances where moderator/administrator/owner can 'tinker' with a members sign in, feature access and so forth which hobbles the affected member activities, e.g.,

going to check mail/alerts takes 5-6 attempts as each attempt causes the program to cycle to the site's main page; or

the site kicks the member out to a blank browser screen so they must resubmit back to the site; or

while composing a post numberous warnings pop up stating the activity is suspended as an error has been received; or

when the 'post reply' is hit the screen blinks and all that was written is gone and the member is sitting...yep at the main screen; or

the 'post reply' must be hit numerous times before the written post is put in the thread; or

So which is worse banning or subtle hobbling nuances to show, as a constant reminder, to any member 'who' is in control and charge at any given time.

I have seen this happen in other places online to various people.

I am new here and I have not seen this happen here.

Cate

Kudos to Andy you are without a doubt one of the unbiased and even handed moderators i have seen in my years of crusing these sites [there was one other but alas he recently passed]

To this site's membership the tale above, if it remains, is i how my access was hobbled late summer because a new moderator took exception to a post of mine.

Joe & country you win, the ROI isn't worth my time, therefore, i wish you the best with your real and perceived endeavors but unfortunately i believe your forum has completely lost sight it's original firearm advocacy creed and turned the forum into a backpage wantabe, as such, shan't grace your site again.

cool.

Well....bye.

Not sure what's worse, but I know which one is funnier!

We hate to see ya go...but love to see you leave...:D
Can't miss you if you don't go away...:eek::D

Just joking around here...my comments are not meant for anyone who has chosen to stay ...or to those that have chosen to leave....
Andy

Never been banned. Got a time out a couple of times and have left a couple voluntarily.

I think this site is a bit more mellow since most members are within a day's drive of a good old fashioned butt whoopin' so that keeps the anti-social types constrained a bit, lol.
Worst forum I've been on was a huge christian forum.

Lots of liberals and intolerance of conservative ideals. Ironic.

I was accused of being demon posessed because I owned firearms. Crazy.

Actually, anytime we lose a member, or they fail to return its not a good thing.
I have invited quite a few people here and most have stayed, but some also left.

There are about 100ish regulars maybe a tad more.
Ya I get we all say see ya wouldn't wanna be ya.
There is a rebound effect at times even a domino effect anyone remember T, he took many with him.
I for one would like to see our numbers double.
And many have left for non-firearms related political stuff.
Just something to keep in mind.

Yep tis and old thread, but maybe new lessons.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top