JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got booted off of Ifish. I was "duckboy" over there. Posted tons of photoessays about birdhunting with my dogs. I volunteered at their christmas events, and got booted nonetheless. I even wrote a story that Jenny voted "Best of ifish."

I think it is funny that they don't allow politics to be mentioned, It is kind of the elephant in the room anymore.

PS Pharmseller, I still have that 1894c One of my favorites. It'll probably be banned from possession soon, hopefully I won't get banned here too.

I got booted off of Ifish. I was "duckboy" over there. Posted tons of photoessays about birdhunting with my dogs. I volunteered at their christmas events, and got booted nonetheless. I even wrote a story that Jenny voted "Best of ifish."

I think it is funny that they don't allow politics to be mentioned, It is kind of the elephant in the room anymore.

PS Pharmseller, I still have that 1894c One of my favorites. It'll probably be banned from possession soon, hopefully I won't get banned here too.
Thereddog: (one of my old nick's before it all went grey) Why will your 1894c .357 carbine be banned soon? Just curious why a hunting lever gun would be banned from possession? TY, Dun

Ifish and approximately 300+ forums are owned and operated out of Canada by VerticalScope Inc.

Their mods I believe are actually bots who automatically ban & delete in the blink of an eye if another member whines.

Hello,

I never heard of the forum called I Fish before.

I did read where a Canadian company who owns a Canadian newspaper too bought up a whole bunch of U.S. gun, knife, survival, etc. forums. I believe that we are talking about the company that you mentioned above.

It has been some time since I read, spoke and wrote about that big buy out from a Canadian company.

Thank you for the reminder here.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=bH....5288.0j36j2......0....1..gws-wiz.R_ZKMPZ-H6I

Torstar Owns Company Running Dozens Of American Gun Forums

Cate

I got booted off reddit sub r/GunsAreCool. This is actually an anti-gun sub. They like to post stuff about white guys shooting people and accidental shootings. I posted some stuff about legitimate self defense shootings by cops and civilians and argued (sarcastically) how unjust the shootings were. I was quickly found out.

Most of you perceive 'ban' as being physically & permanently prevented from accessing your favorite site, but "i have read" of instances where moderator/administrator/owner can 'tinker' with a members sign in, feature access and so forth which hobbles the affected member activities, e.g.,

going to check mail/alerts takes 5-6 attempts as each attempt causes the program to cycle to the site's main page; or

the site kicks the member out to a blank browser screen so they must resubmit back to the site; or

while composing a post numberous warnings pop up stating the activity is suspended as an error has been received; or

when the 'post reply' is hit the screen blinks and all that was written is gone and the member is sitting...yep at the main screen; or

the 'post reply' must be hit numerous times before the written post is put in the thread; or
logging out also takes numerous attempts befor a member is logged off the site.

So which is worse banning or subtle hobbling nuances to show, as a constant reminder, to any member 'who' is in control and charge at any given time.

Kudos to Andy you are without a doubt one of the unbiased and even handed moderators i have seen in my years of crusing these sites [there was one other but alas he recently passed]

To this site's membership the tale above, if it remains, is i how my access was hobbled late summer because a new moderator took exception to a post of mine.

Joe & country you win, the ROI isn't worth my time, therefore, i wish you the best with your real and perceived endeavors but unfortunately i believe your forum has completely lost sight it's original firearm advocacy creed and turned the forum into a backpage wantabe, as such, shan't grace your site again.

Dune...best and enjoyed sharing..

Most of you perceive 'ban' as being physically & permanently prevented from accessing your favorite site, but "i have read" of instances where moderator/administrator/owner can 'tinker' with a members sign in, feature access and so forth which hobbles the affected member activities, e.g.,

going to check mail/alerts takes 5-6 attempts as each attempt causes the program to cycle to the site's main page; or

the site kicks the member out to a blank browser screen so they must resubmit back to the site; or

while composing a post numberous warnings pop up stating the activity is suspended as an error has been received; or

when the 'post reply' is hit the screen blinks and all that was written is gone and the member is sitting...yep at the main screen; or

the 'post reply' must be hit numerous times before the written post is put in the thread; or

So which is worse banning or subtle hobbling nuances to show, as a constant reminder, to any member 'who' is in control and charge at any given time.

I have seen this happen in other places online to various people.

I am new here and I have not seen this happen here.

Cate

Kudos to Andy you are without a doubt one of the unbiased and even handed moderators i have seen in my years of crusing these sites [there was one other but alas he recently passed]

To this site's membership the tale above, if it remains, is i how my access was hobbled late summer because a new moderator took exception to a post of mine.

Joe & country you win, the ROI isn't worth my time, therefore, i wish you the best with your real and perceived endeavors but unfortunately i believe your forum has completely lost sight it's original firearm advocacy creed and turned the forum into a backpage wantabe, as such, shan't grace your site again.

cool.

Well....bye.

Not sure what's worse, but I know which one is funnier!

We hate to see ya go...but love to see you leave...:D
Can't miss you if you don't go away...:eek::D

Just joking around here...my comments are not meant for anyone who has chosen to stay ...or to those that have chosen to leave....
Andy

Never been banned. Got a time out a couple of times and have left a couple voluntarily.

I think this site is a bit more mellow since most members are within a day's drive of a good old fashioned butt whoopin' so that keeps the anti-social types constrained a bit, lol.
Worst forum I've been on was a huge christian forum.

Lots of liberals and intolerance of conservative ideals. Ironic.

I was accused of being demon posessed because I owned firearms. Crazy.

Actually, anytime we lose a member, or they fail to return its not a good thing.
I have invited quite a few people here and most have stayed, but some also left.

There are about 100ish regulars maybe a tad more.
Ya I get we all say see ya wouldn't wanna be ya.
There is a rebound effect at times even a domino effect anyone remember T, he took many with him.
I for one would like to see our numbers double.
And many have left for non-firearms related political stuff.
Just something to keep in mind.

Yep tis and old thread, but maybe new lessons.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top