JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something else besides caselength to consider is bullet ogive and seating depth. I have a buddy that loaded 100 round nose 9mm lead polycoated bullets and even though they fit the case gauge, they were hanging up in his Glock 45… slide would not close… OAL was fine… but the ogive was round enough that the bullet was engaging the rifling before full battery. And let me tell you… collet pulling bullets X 100 sucks, because when he tried to seat them deeper, the polycoat stripped and fungated the case rim. No bueno.

Factory Glock mag?
ive tested factory glock mags and had failures. Ive tested P80 mags, and magpul mags and all had same randome FTF issues. Ive tested various spring rates. All 3 brands have stellar reputations for function.

The chamber dimensions is my first breakthru in something out of tolerance. They are out of tolerance on the small side. This needs to be corrected before anything else can be considered.

Well, there it is. If you can send the bbl back for a little R&R I would do that. explaining to them that factory rounds stick. or find a brand that drops free.

Well, there it is. If you can send the bbl back for a little R&R I would do that. explaining to them that factory rounds stick. or find a brand that drops free.
yup, thats what I plan to do.
Thinking of ordering a cheap barrel to confirm... fire 100rds if no issues then its the Alpha Shooting Sports barrel.
Heck, it measures small, it doesnt fit factory ammo thats in spec... I should get that to them regardless.

Will report here if they dont fix it, but they seem like a good company.

I also had feeding problems with Alpha Shooting Sports G19 size slide assembly. I was using a PSA dagger frame so I am not sure which component was causing the problems. I have other slides and a g23 frame to mix and match now but no time to troubleshoot. Good luck!

I also had feeding problems with Alpha Shooting Sports G19 size slide assembly. I was using a PSA dagger frame so I am not sure which component was causing the problems. I have other slides and a g23 frame to mix and match now but no time to troubleshoot. Good luck!
In my case Im convinced its not the frame. I could go into details but...
every FTF ive had stopped inside the chamber (pic). Before I randomly found the box of "larger sized" fiocchi ammo I was contemplating polishing the feed ramp and getting the barrel throated (and like I mentioned I do not want to modify things...).

If you have some calipers you can measure your Alpha's chamber like I did and it will tell you if its too small. I do think a small chamber will cause random feed issues, and occasional extraction issues.

theres no reason for this other than a bad chamber...
1683524006871.png

every FTF ive had stopped inside the chamber (pic). Before I randomly found the box of "larger sized" fiocchi ammo I was contemplating polishing the feed ramp and getting the barrel throated (and like I mentioned I do not want to modify things...).

If you have some calipers you can measure your Alpha's chamber like I did and it will tell you if its too small. I do think a small chamber will cause random feed issues, and occasional extraction issues.

View attachment 1418906
Mine would almost completely load into the chamber but not far enough to allow it to fire. I suspect it was the slide assy as well but rounds would fit fine in the chamber with barrel removed from slide.

My problem with Alpha's warranty policy is that they charge you money if they don't find a problem with the components you send in for them to look at.

"Warranty claims resulting in no issues found will be subject to $50 an hour service charge plus return shipping costs."

Mine would almost completely load into the chamber but not far enough to allow it to fire. I suspect it was the slide assy as well but rounds would fit fine in the chamber with barrel removed from slide.
Id be curious if a Fiocchi round would drop in your chamber....
My problem with Alpha's warranty policy is that they charge you money if they don't find a problem with the components you send in for them to look at.

"Warranty claims resulting in no issues found will be subject to $50 an hour service charge plus return shipping costs."
if thats the case then it makes me rethink being their customer. I haven't had that requirement from any other company.

all it would take is for them to claim nothing is wrong with my barrel, unless I have a CMM machine to inspect the barrel id be virtually impossible to argue. My calipers are good ones, I just dont see how they wont agree its out of spec though.

Id be curious if a Fiocchi round would drop in your chamber....

if thats the case then it makes me rethink being their customer. I haven't had that requirement from any other company.

all it would take is for them to claim nothing is wrong with my barrel, unless I have a CMM machine to inspect the barrel id be virtually impossible to argue. My calipers are good ones, I just dont see how they wont agree its out of spec though.
That is why I want to be 99% sure it is their component that is causing the issue. I tried different brands plus some reloads and had problems with all types.

I bought a factory gen 5 glock barrel I am eventually going to try in the alpha slide.

dropping in my hand is way different thing than cycling, a small chamber can still fit most rounds. This is why it took me so long to home in on the chamber size. You can try one of my Fiocchi rounds if you like...
That is why I want to be 99% sure it is their component that is causing the issue. I tried different brands plus some reloads and had problems with all types.
this is interesting, we both have Alpha slide assemblies with the same symptoms. When about did you buy yours? Mine was Dec 2021.

dropping in my hand is way different thing than cycling, a small chamber can still fit most rounds. This is why it took me so long to home in on the chamber size. You can try one of my Fiocchi rounds if you like...

this is interesting, we both have Alpha slide assemblies with the same symptoms. When about did you buy yours? Mine was Dec 2021.
Sept of 2021. My barrel had the gold colored TiN finish on it.

View attachment 1418906
This thread discusses the problems I was/am having.

I have tried swapping any of the new parts I mentioned acquiring in that thread.

Sept of 2021. My barrel had the gold colored TiN finish on it.
maybe we had the same machinist...

sounds like your still having the same issue, id be curious if one of my Fiocchi rounds fit in your chamber. If it sits proud like my pic then we both "had the same machinist"...

I ordered a cheap G19 barrel, when that gets in Im checking it with my Fiocchi ammo. We could bring barrels and meet up to see how yours fits my ammo.
(note, my Fiocchi ammo fits my sig barrel just fine. Im convinced our Alpha barrels are too small chambers.)

Last Edited:

View attachment 1418906
That picture doesn't spell out fail to feed due to chamber. That looks like the round ain't getting free from the magazine.

View attachment 1418906
Also, do you own headspace gauges? That's the only real way to gauge if the chamber is tight or within spec. Remember, just using a set of calipers will get you the depth of the cut, not the headspace. Headspace is from the breach face of the slide to the case neck in the chamber.

This picture spells out many things to me, of which the chamber is none of them, it hasn't even seated itself in the chamber yet to alert me of chamber issues. This is other stacked intolerances.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top