JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40 Cal S&W handgun .
That he should have never had .
Convicted felon and Six arrest for multiple things.
Including Assult and Domestic violence.
But was still able to buy a gun

At a gun store .
BACKGROUND CHECKS REALLY WORK GREAT.
And it's ILL.

Aurora, Illinois shooter wasn't legally allowed to own gun

Just like Florida, this guy should never have had a gun (in this case, his guns should have been taken away after his conviction)

Stupid states don't enforce the laws they have. If they had, this wouldn't have happened. Same with Florida.

I just read he passed the initial BGC and obtained a FOIC and purchased the gun even being prohibited. He wasn't flagged until he applied for a CHL and a more thorough BGC was done, but nobody put two and two together and realized he bought a gun.

Someone hurry and pass more laws.

Government efficiency & competence at its finest. But don't worry no one will be held accountable...just you Mr/Mrs Law Abider.

I just read he passed the initial BGC and obtained a FOIC and purchased the gun even being prohibited. He wasn't flagged until he applied for a CHL and a more thorough BGC was done, but nobody put two and two together and realized he bought a gun.

Someone hurry and pass more laws.

My understanding is that he was ordered to surrender his firearm and never did... Is that untrue?

Not sure. I was reading in the paper today that he should have surrendered it but never did. It didnt say he was ordered to but maybe he was.

I read that at Foxnews.com.

I thought maybe "they" sent him a letter... picturing some lazy people that never followed up. Or maybe somebody didn't think it was their job. But, somehow in the denial of CHL, wouldn't "they" have said something? Sheriff's office? No? IDK, I don't think it was a judge told him. :)

I live in Illinois about 20 miles from where this happened. HE had a FOID card (Firearms Owner's Identification) and it was revoked when he tried to get a CCW in 2014. No one forced him to give up his card or his weapon which was also registered with the state so it was known he still had it. When gun laws aren't enforced, they only make people feel better about "Doing something to curb gun violence" and make lawful owners abide by strict laws that are not even enforced.

I live in Illinois about 20 miles from where this happened. HE had a FOID card (Firearms Owner's Identification) and it was revoked when he tried to get a CCW in 2014. No one forced him to give up his card or his weapon which was also registered with the state so it was known he still had it. When gun laws aren't enforced, they only make people feel better about "Doing something to curb gun violence" and make lawful owners abide by strict laws that are not even enforced.

Just like ALL gun laws. They let the same criminals out over and over again, then their solution is more gun laws. Which of course only the law abiding will follow.

The end of this article is surprisingly amazing, a Dem said this:

State Rep. Kathleen Willis, a Democrat who represents a district west of Chicago, introduced legislation in 2016 that would have required police to seek warrants to retrieve weapons.

"It is a heavy lift to take. But we have laws in place that need to be enforced."
"It doesn't do us any good to tighten up our (gun) laws if we're not following all the way through to make sure they're enforced."

Aurora gunman's license was revoked, but he kept his gun. That's the norm in Illinois

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top