JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<removed broken link>

The House has approved a precedent-setting resolution to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal contempt of Congress. It was the first time a sitting Cabinet member has been held in contempt.......:s0155:

A number of Democrats boycotted Thursday's vote.

Republicans pushed through the resolution because Holder did not turn over documents related to a botched gun-tracking operation known as Fast and Furious.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee wants Justice Department records from a 10-month period after February 2011. That month, the department initially denied guns were allowed to be purchased in Arizona and be taken to Mexico. In early December that year, the department acknowledged the assertion was wrong.

A separate vote will be held to hold the attorney general in civil contempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington’s delegates split along party lines on Holder contempt

Predictably, Washington State’s congressional delegation divided along party lines 4-4 on Thursday’s historic contempt vote against Attorney General Eric Holder by the House of Representatives.

<removed broken link>

Besides the walkout, it was nice to see four Democrats cross and vote correctly on this, while two GOP crossed the other direction.

Regardless of party association, criminal obstruction shouldn't be tolerated. I'd have to think a long ways back to find an AG that wasn't questionable.

Grassley, Issa move to protect F&F whistleblowers

Senator Charles Grassley and Congressman Darrel Issa are moving to protect two Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives whistleblowers in the Operation Fast and Furious scandal after learning they have been placed under the supervision of a man who “vowed to retaliate against them.”

<removed broken link>

Considering that Brian Terry was killed in Arizona I wonder if that state can do its own investigation. If state laws were broken by federal agents or federal government officials they do not get a free pass. Only reason thay always get away with stuff is because of political considerations (the governor or the mayor get a call from someone high up in the federal food chain and are told that if you have a desire for higher office or some cushy job then burry this, so then they call their underlings and tell them to back off and inthe end those who were conducting the actual investigation have no say - it gets dropped).
But we know that the Gov. Of Arizona has no love for this DOJ, so it is likely that she would not back off. It would be fun to watch.... and yeah I know that DOJ would tell them to get bent and anything legal would end of i n federal courts which would side with the feds.........but it would still be fun to watch

I'm actually a little hopeful that the Obama Years will actually strengthen our gun rights.

Hold on... let me explain. :)

Long Story short... It seems to be that Fast and Furious is becoming Obama's tar baby. It's his Watergate or Lewinski scandal. I believe that he did know about it, and that he did support it and I also believe he did so to create the data to support the need to ban or heavily regulate "assault rifles" in the US.

"Look we gotta ban this stuff. Legal buyers are sending them down to Mexico. Here's the proof"

I think the backlash from the public will make touching gun regulation a taboo subject and either our next President, especially if they're a republican, won't want to touch the subject.

That's the short version anyway.

I doubt that someone like Obama would care. The only people who might is the house and senate drones that have to worry about voter backlash.
It would not suprise me if Obama signed an executive order that creates a huge number of restrictions. Remeber that Bush Sr. did just that.

As much as I don't really care for Obama, I cant quite get the toinfoil hat to stay on.
Then try this:
Obama Contributor, Who Helped Enact Assault-Weapons Ban, Ran
Dennis K. Burke, who as a lawyer for the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee in the 1990s was a key player behind the enactment of the 1994 assault-weapons ban, and who then went on to become Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano's chief of staff, and a contributor to Barack Obama's 2008 presidential primary campaign, and then a member of Obama's transition team focusing on border-enforcement issues, ended up in the Obama administration as the U.S. attorney in Arizona responsible for overseeing Operation Fast and Furious.

When Obama nominated Burke to be U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona, Burke told the Arizona Capitol Times he believed he understood what the president and his attorney general wanted him to do.

If you need any help connecting the dots, just ask.

Romney made the AWB permanent in his state in 2004. Food for thought. As far as executive positions go, Romney was much more anti-gun as Governor of Massachusetts than Obama has been as President.

Romney made the AWB permanent in his state in 2004. Food for thought. As far as executive positions go, Romney was much more anti-gun as Governor of Massachusetts than Obama has been as President.

this thread is not about Romney its about Holder Stop using the lib tactics of deflection to change the conversation when it does not go your way.

Hmmm

<removed broken link>

Only thing Ive heard about holder is some tin-foil hat far fetched devious plan that he planned on letting assault rifles cross the border so he could spark some kind of anti-gun sentiment in the states to restrict the 2nd amendment.

If no major gun control laws were passed after the Tucson and Virginia Tech shootings, then it would be highly unlikely that Americans give a damn about some Mexicans getting killed by US made weapons.

Only thing Ive heard about holder is some tin-foil hat far fetched devious plan that he planned on letting assault rifles cross the border so he could spark some kind of anti-gun sentiment in the states to restrict the 2nd amendment.
If that is all you've heard, then you haven't been paying attention.
Or have you had your head in the sand?
Willful ignorance by chance? I believe so!
If no major gun control laws were passed after the Tucson and Virginia Tech shootings, then it would be highly unlikely that Americans give a damn about some Mexicans getting killed by US made weapons.
You may not care. But most, if not all of the rest of us do.
Not caring about innocent Mexicans being killed with guns supplied by our government sounds awfully racist!
Besides, U.S. made weapons isn't the issue.
Weapons that were supplied illegally by our own Justice Dept, that have been used to kill American law enforcement officers and innocent Mexican citizens is something else entirely.

These events, part of Operation Fast and Furious, that have been documented, need to be investigated, and holder is withholding the documentation of it's planning and cover-up.
And President obama is hiding them behind executive privilege, protecting the perpetrators,and preventing justice from being done.

That is why holder is contemptible, and why the House of Representatives voted to hold him in contempt.

And now the president is preventing justice from being done.

Maybe, if that's what you *think*, you should go back and start reading the thread from the beginning.
Or any number of the other threads around here on the subject of Fast and Furious.
It sounds like you could use the education anyway.

Obviously you dont know much let alone anything about Holder so why post in a thread about him?

You really need to get out of your mommas basement more its hard to hear down there. Your liberal compassion for the dead are just so over the top. Your prez says there are 57 states could you find another one out of that group (51 -57)to annoy.

Well he cant be as bad as the last attorney general, the one who denied us Habeas Corpus. Eric Holder had some incredibly small shoes to fill from Bush's appointee.

You all sound very confused, I gather you don't like Eric Holder, but I can't tell exactly why.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top