JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would much rather be in a "situation" with some stoner with a gun than some drunk redneck with a gun.
The blind rage of alcohol is hard to circumvent and even sober most rednecks hard to reason with.
Toss a twinkie or a shiny object on the floor and the stoner is mesmerized!

(No offense to rednecks, I've even been accused of being one.)

I haven't smoked in many, many years... long before I got my CPL.

Yeah, it's seems ridiculous though, considering a drunk, quick tempered, mentally unstable individual who hears voices in his head but has had nothing documented on them can "legally" pack heat, but a level-headed, casual bud-burner can't? :nuts:

Well, the ruling sucks for sure, however, antibiotics and inhalers are not controlled substances. Controlled substances refer to drugs that are scheduled 1-5 which generally speaking include narcotics and benzodiazapenes. It also includes drugs like cocaine, marijuana and others of the street persuasion as they are still used for research.

So, just out of curiosity would it be out of line for everyone to randomly send the ATF sample cups of urine as proof that you are clean?

LOL.. If they ever so start something like that I whould have my pregnant sister pee in a dirty mayonnaise jar CLEAR TO THE TOP, and then seal the top with plastic wrap and a rubber band... send it Priority Post. ;)

Didn't Sheriff Winters here in Jackson County just lose a case all the way to the Oregon Supreme Court over this? He denied some female medical mj user a CHL and she sued, stating that state law trumps federal law? I don't know what the actual reasoning was, but Winters lost.

I don't smoke pot but I have an occasional beer. Should that disqualify me?

(And for someone who asked, yes, regulatory agencies' regulations are law. The legislature forms them and gives them the power to regulate.) That's what makes agencies like the EPA so scary to me.

Didn't Sheriff Winters here in Jackson County just lose a case all the way to the Oregon Supreme Court over this? He denied some female medical mj user a CHL and she sued, stating that state law trumps federal law? I don't know what the actual reasoning was, but Winters lost.

I don't smoke pot but I have an occasional beer. Should that disqualify me?

(And for someone who asked, yes, regulatory agencies' regulations are law. The legislature forms them and gives them the power to regulate.) That's what makes agencies like the EPA so scary to me.

I'm curious exactly how OR will handle this. Will the state police deny purchases if a person has a marijuana card? I could see an argument that having a card doesn't mean you smoke.

I don't smoke either.

3rd paragraph, right after the bold highlight, it says unlawful user..... Medical cards make it legal for those who have the card.

http://www.nssf.org/share/PDF/ATFOpenLetter092111.pdf

No.

To quote your own source:

Marijuana is listed in the Controlled Substances Act as a Schedule I controlled substance, and there are no exceptions in Federal law for marijuana purportedly used for medicinal purposes, even if such is sanctioned by State law

Whoa, now that my other eye is open and the sleep is wiped away, I misread this completely. MORE COFFEE!!! Sorry guys!

However, the FEDERAL government supplies MJ to some persons that have been prescribed it for medicinal purposes. You might want to read this news clip: 4 Americans get medical pot from the feds - CBS News

Oh, for you that do not know what glaucoma is, it is a disease of the eye that causes extreme pressure from inside the eye, and is very painful. The MJ not only relieves the pain, but also relieves the pressure, and by so doing lessings the long term injury to the eye.

Just mark the boxes however you please. Who gives a bubblegum if it is 'legal' or not?

If you have a medical marijuana card and own a gun, you are subject at any time to arrest and prosecution by the federal government as a prohibited person. there are a lot of people I know who would have MM cards but for this factor. -They still smoke pot, but they do it all on the black market.

It's long past time to move MJ off the prohibited list. Only the most ignorant and cowardly of people don't grasp that.

Only the most ignorant and cowardly of people don't grasp that.

Another person who thinks they can win an argument by calling their opponents names. You could include people like me who have seen the devastation pot has brought to habitual pot smokers lives, not ignorance or cowardice, just common sense, we have enough walking dead among us with alcohol and drugs now.

Another person who thinks they can win an argument by calling their opponents names. You could include people like me who have seen the devastation pot has brought to habitual pot smokers lives, not ignorance or cowardice, just common sense, we have enough walking dead among us with alcohol and drugs now.

OK you're not ignorant or cowardly, you're just delusional and gullible. :biglaugh:

No, its not. My dad sends me his old gun for free cause he wants me to have it, the ffl determines its fair market value and charges me tax.

Items used in this state, the acquisition of which was not subject to Washington retail sales tax. This includes purchases made from out-of-state sellers (e.g., via catalogs, the Internet, etc.), purchases from sellers who are not required to collect Washington sales tax (e.g., a vehicle sold by a private individual who is not engaged in business), items produced for use by the producer, and gifts/prizes. The tax is measured by the value of the item at the time of the first use within the state, excluding delivery charges.

If your dad gave you a computer, you would have to pay the use tax on it, just like a gun. The difference is that the gun has to go through an FFL (if interstate) and the state is using the FFL as a tax collector, the same as if they sold you a gun in-state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top