JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your dad gave you a computer, you would have to pay the use tax on it, just like a gun. The difference is that the gun has to go through an FFL (if interstate) and the state is using the FFL as a tax collector, the same as if they sold you a gun in-state.

With anything other than a gun then, its up to me to determine its value. I'd determine it to be a negative 50 and send the state a bill for a tax credit :woot:

Another person who thinks they can win an argument by calling their opponents names. You could include people like me who have seen the devastation pot has brought to habitual pot smokers lives, not ignorance or cowardice, just common sense, we have enough walking dead among us with alcohol and drugs now.

Yet booze is legal and I've seen how that can destroy lives and families. On top of that you have the MADD brigade types who've demonized it so much the governments make great bank on penalties and use it to violate civil rights (DUI checkpoint stops).

I'm the son of an alcoholic, rarely drink, never smoked pot and I'm tired of the government and whiny crybabies moralizing and trying to run my life.

I'd post Lysander Spooner's treatise on vice not being crime, but some people still believe they have the right to control what others do with their own body. I don't smoke mj or tobacco, but how far are we from the days when a cheeseburger becomes illegal, or a can of Coke? Your morality ends at my nose (or mouth). Yes, drugs and alcohol hurt people. Absolutely true. But I (nor you, nor the gubmint) should be able to force others to be "good" as defined by someone else.

Kind of like the Brady Bunch saying we shouldn't have guns because they don't like them.

The first comment I saw was good and a jab at the mayor's firearms agenda.

Attention NYC residents:

As of January 1st 2012 you will be required to register your deep fryer and obtain a "deep fat fry" purchasing permit to buy cooking oil.

There will also be a mandatory 30 day waiting period for purchasing new deep fryers.

Any deep frying equipment capable of frying more than 8 oz. at one time will be considered an "assault fryer" and will be banned.

Residents will also be able to turn in un-registered deep fryers with "no questions asked" to city hall and receive a coupon for tofu burgers and gubmint cheese.

Regards,

Mayor "it's for your own damm good" Bloomberg

No, its not. My dad sends me his old gun for free cause he wants me to have it, the ffl determines its fair market value and charges me tax.

Guess you haven't been in the retail business as a business owner like I have then. The FFL is just following WA law on sales/use tax, just as any retailer has to.

Another step backwards for our country. Just legalize pot already. Find a way to get your tax out of it and stop this mess. It would stop the Mexican Cartels from having any power, it would stop a lot of problems actually.

For now, lets all get drunk and shoot some guns while smoking a cigarette (sarcasm of course). But not a problem for the ATF.

Another person who thinks they can win an argument by calling their opponents names. You could include people like me who have seen the devastation pot has brought to habitual pot smokers lives, not ignorance or cowardice, just common sense, we have enough walking dead among us with alcohol and drugs now.

Another person absolutely immune to all common sense, peer-reviewed scientific data (unlike the government's cooked up "studies"), experience and argument.

The facts are long since in. Marijuana is a relatively harmless intoxicant. At WORST it's vastly safer, less addictive and has fewer social consequences than alcohol. At it's best it's a miracle drug for a whole host of ailments.

I'm sick of people telling me what I can and cannot do with my own body because it's "good for me." -Take that compassion-fascist nonsense and stick it up your nose. This is about ignorance, control, prejudice and a police-industry that likes being funded by seizures. There is ZERO rational basis for keeping pot illegal at all.

I don't see what the problem is. I don't think this is any different than the law passed last year about veterans with mental issues not being able to own guns.

As far as the whole debate about legalizing pot, alcohol is bad enough. We don't need another mind altering drug to become legal.

here's the latest stats on alcohol, drugs, guns, and whatever == death/ please note, the little green bud !!!!!!
Cause of death1 Number

All causes 2,436,652

Cardiovascular diseases 779,367
Malignant neoplasms 568,668
Drug induced2 37,485
Suicide 36,547
Motor vehicle accidents 36,284
Septicemia (infections) 35,587
by Firearms 31,224
Accidental poisoning 30,504
Alcohol induced 23,199
Homicide 16,591
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 9,424
Viral hepatitis 7,652
Cannabis (Marijuana) 0

Yet booze is legal and I've seen how that can destroy lives and families.

As a former alcoholic (Yes, I diverge from AA about that, I stay away from alcohol and therefor cannot, by pure definition, be an alcoholic, I also avoid cyanide, arsenic, pot and other suicidal substances.) I do not disagree about the harmfulness of alcohol. If there were 100 other suicidal substances we could legalize would that make sense? We should rejoice that there is only one instead of trying to add pot to the insanity.
You cannot make a man righteous by denying him substances anymore than you can stop a man from being a thief by installing better locks, and I don't hope against reality that people will not be inclined towards insanity because pot is illegal, however, we also cannot eliminate the crime of murder by declaring murder legal, even when it is legal it is still wrong. There is no "winning" the war on drugs anymore than there is winning the war against murder, but even pot heads have enough brains left to realize that murder has to remain a crime. People still murder each other, so we should make it legal?
The way our society is going all you have to do is wait, soon enough pot will be legal, and so will murder and stealing as the nations moral fiber fails. I believe the end of mankind running his own moral society will indeed lead to widespread "license", including murder, because mankind is basically evil.

As a former alcoholic (Yes, I diverge from AA about that, I stay away from alcohol and therefor cannot, by pure definition, be an alcoholic, I also avoid cyanide, arsenic, pot and other suicidal substances.) I do not disagree about the harmfulness of alcohol. If there were 100 other suicidal substances we could legalize would that make sense? We should rejoice that there is only one instead of trying to add pot to the insanity.
You cannot make a man righteous by denying him substances anymore than you can stop a man from being a thief by installing better locks, and I don't hope against reality that people will not be inclined towards insanity because pot is
illegal, however, we also cannot eliminate the crime of murder by declaring murder legal, even when it is legal it is still wrong. There is no "winning" the war on drugs anymore than there is winning the war against murder, but even pot heads have enough brains left to realize that murder has to remain a crime. People still murder each other, so we should make it legal?
The way our society is going all you have to do is wait, soon enough pot will be legal, and so will murder and stealing as the nations moral fiber fails. I believe the end of mankind running his own moral society will indeed lead to widespread "license", including murder, because mankind is basically evil.

Well said partsproduction.

You cannot make a man righteous by denying him substances anymore than you can stop a man from being a thief by installing better locks, and I don't hope against reality that people will not be inclined towards insanity because pot is illegal, however, we also cannot eliminate the crime of murder by declaring murder legal, even when it is legal it is still wrong. There is no "winning" the war on drugs anymore than there is winning the war against murder, but even pot heads have enough brains left to realize that murder has to remain a crime. People still murder each other, so we should make it legal?

Please explain who is victimized solely by someone smoking pot. NO ONE. Your murder example is illogical.

1. We aren't talking about murder, which has a victim and a perpetrator and is universally understood to be harmful to society to the point that society could not function if it were common. We're talking about marijuana, about which none of those things can be said with any data to support it.

2. Because we legalize marijuana it does not follow that suddenly we will legalize all things which are currently a crime, much less murder. This is a ridiculous position. You could say the same thing about 30-round magazines.

In the end, you are making the EXACT same argument as gun-control nuts.

You fear object X, you ascribe actions to the posession/use of object X and posit that said actions/bad things would never have happened if only object X were prohibited, therefore we should ban all of object X.

Insert gun or marijuana as desired. It's the exact same malum prohibitum argument. And you completely ignore the cost of prohibition, which is bankrupting the country, results in more Americans who have never harmed a soul in jail than all the prisoners in Red China, no-knock warrants and the continuing destruction of the 4th and fifth amendments and the fueling of organized crime from profits which wouldn't exist but for the prohibition laws.

You have fear, your own personal weakness and no facts or logic to back up prohibition. Exactly the same position the Brady Bunch are in with regard to guns. Congratulations on outing yourself.

3001f14b.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads