JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to lie to you guys. I'm stocking up on magazines right now because they are dirt cheap. Stay ahead of the curve. Buy things when they are plentiful and cheap. Then I'm going to sell them to the gunbroker idiots when Hillary runs for president *shudders* if any of you want over priced magazines in a year let me know :D

I'm not going to lie to you guys. I'm stocking up on magazines right now because they are dirt cheap. Stay ahead of the curve. Buy things when they are plentiful and cheap. Then I'm going to sell them to the gunbroker idiots when Hillary runs for president *shudders* if any of you want over priced magazines in a year let me know :D

I've been doing that too, but because I vowed that after the last panic, I would never put myself in the situation where I couldn't find what I needed at a decent price again. I also made a vow never to sell certain items again. Extra magazines are one of those items.

So how much m855 do you have for sale?
I have exactly NONE for sale. I guess you missed my point. I'm the guy saying "Don't sell the stuff you have to protect your family.".

I apologize for any confusion and I don't think this is the classified section. I also would NEVER waste time or money on M855 when 262 can be had.

I think you were joking, but I can't tell. The "inflection" button must be broken.

I have exactly NONE for sale. I guess you missed my point. I'm the guy saying "Don't sell the stuff you have to protect your family.".

I apologize for any confusion and I don't think this is the classified section. I also would NEVER waste time or money on M855 when 262 can be had.

I think you were joking, but I can't tell. The "inflection" button must be broken.
Lol I was joking :)

I've been doing that too, but because I vowed that after the last panic, I would never put myself in the situation where I couldn't find what I needed at a decent price again. I also made a vow never to sell certain items again. Extra magazines are one of those items.
Yeah, I'm still young. I couldn't buy any firearms till after the AWB sunset. But, hearing the stories of guys spending up to 100 a magazine scares me. (And makes me hope I can make a profit). But I do remember the first Obama scare and sandy hook scare very well. So I stopped going out to bars and such at 22 and spent all that extra money on mags and ammo. From what I've seen, this stuff never gets cheaper. And, it adds up quick. I'm finding mags and ammo in places I forgot about all the time. Hell, I've even resorted to filling 40mm ammo cans and stashing them at family members houses cause I'm running out of room/emergency cache.

Edit: I've also bought about 30-35 percent of this stuff using credit card rewards. So, that works out nicely. And, only when I find screaming deals. I'm pretty market savvy with this gun stuff now.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I'm still young. I couldn't buy any firearms till after the AWB sunset. But, hearing the stories of guys spending up to 100 a magazine scares me. (And makes me hope I can make a profit). But I do remember the first Obama scare and sandy hook scare very well. So I stopped going out to bars and such at 22 and spent all that extra money on mags and ammo. From what I've seen, this stuff never gets cheaper. And, it adds up quick. I'm finding mags and ammo in places I forgot about all the time. Hell, I've even resorted to filling 40mm ammo cans and stashing them at family members houses cause I'm running out of room/emergency cache.
I have been doing the same sort of thing. I also have been stocking lead, foundry-quality bullet casting alloys, gas checks, molds, powder and primers. I am thankful mostly for having all of the Russian & Chinese stuff I could want, since it will never come into the country again. I was fortunately just old enough to get my hands on quite a bit of Norinco steel-cored 7.62x39 and relatively inexpensive MAK-90's. Even in the early '00's, Korean .30-'06 could be had for $100/1,000 rounds and that was only ten-12 years ago. "Back then", .22lr could be had for $9.99/500 and it was EVERYWHERE. Now, people reminisce about .22lr as if it went away with the '68 act.

Good on you for stocking up. Those that buy barrels of cheap oil to be sold later at a higher price are called "investors". Those that buy cases of cheap ammo to be sold later at a higher price are called "gougers". Of course, they are only called that by those that would normally refer to themselves as "Americans" and "Capitalists" until they are the ones caught with their pants down. I'm sure the guys complaining about "inflated" ammo prices will sell you their Microsoft stock for the same price they paid in 1980. If not, they're "gougers", right?

Edit: I've also bought about 30-35 percent of this stuff using credit card rewards. So, that works out nicely. And, only when I find screaming deals. I'm pretty market savvy with this gun stuff now.

It has been my experience that it NEVER gets much cheaper, you are right. Also, in my opinion any way, there's a pretty big difference in those that are well stocked making a profit off their supply Vs. those that go out, buy things they don't need, specifically to double the price and resale during a "crisis". Like for example the animals that were selling cases of water for 50-100 dollars a piece during Portland's last water scare.

I think $1 per round is the most that I saw. From what I viewed, they were selling at .50-.65 cents per round. Most of the stuff at $1+ just sat there, as it should have.

Can't 262 be had for $1/round, +-? If so, why would anyone want reg'lar ol' FMJ stuff?

THIS is what can happen when we're all on the same side!!!!!!

Breaking: ATF pulls plug on ammo ban proposal

The embattled Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced today that it is pulling the plug, at least for now, on a proposal to ban M855 ammunition for the modern sport-utility rifle, after receiving more than 80,000 comments, most of which were negative.

<broken link removed>

THIS is what can happen when we're all on the same side!!!!!!

Breaking: ATF pulls plug on ammo ban proposal

The embattled Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced today that it is pulling the plug, at least for now, on a proposal to ban M855 ammunition for the modern sport-utility rifle, after receiving more than 80,000 comments, most of which were negative.

<broken link removed>
While it is a good thing, doesn't this really mean that they'll need to find a more dastardly way around it next time? I'm sorry to be a Fatalist, but we've done this far too many times.

I couldn't agree more with the "all on the same side" comment, however.

Persoanlly I am happy to see the ocasional buying spree. It just means more stockpiles in private hands and a bigger buffer should those stockpiles be needed

I think they saw the demand it was creating. They brought attention to the round.
Those that didnt have it now wanted it, getting it into the hands of even more individuals (what they dont want) just like the previous panics arming even more folks who were firearm fence sitters.. Once to pmunge into the firearms world you're a firearm person in one way or another :)

I doubt its because they listened.. they never do.. That isnt to crap on those who are rejoicing. Im happy too.

Tin foil hat opinion:
I think something bigger is in the works.. I wouldnt put it past the current administration to arm thugs with assembled "ghost guns", drums/mags loaded with this ammo only to have a street/mass shooting.. And high on "Devils Breath"..

The AFT is that evil.. I wouldnt put it past them.

But seriously thank you all who participated.

Last Edited:
Now that this is over for now, can anyone answer this question?

How would we have won The Revolutionary War if King George made a law only allowing projectiles that weren't capable of penetrating a Red Coats jacket? After all, wouldn't disobeying the law have made all Americans "look bad" to those they were looking to win over to "their side"?

Thank The Lord our Founders weren't so scared or I wonder what our current tithing to The King would be? I guess we still pay the tithing, just to a different King.

If anyone can resolve the answer to that question, I will then consider looking seriously at the "Sporting Purposes" arguments made by The Crazies.

Ssssssshhhhhhh - it's a secret until I'm done buying mine

I especially loved seeing idiots pay .40-.60 cents a round for xm193! I'm like dude!? That's not being banned.

I paid $440 for a case of Hotshot 7.62x39 right at the beginning of the Sandy Hook scare and never again will I be caught with my dick in the wind when it comes to ammo.

I don't believe the BATF is to be trusted at all. They are not doing us a favor here. If they were on the side of the American Law Abiding Citizens, they would repeal the NFA. Nope, they just got caught this time by real people who called them on their crap.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top