JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are just waiting for it to quiet down so they can find a way to sneak it in when no one is paying attention.

Here is the SCOTUS decision that they will use: Perez v. Mortgage Bankers Association 3/9/2015. It says that when interpretating a regulation, an agency does not need to solicit comments, but can act without notice to change it's interpretation of a rule.

This means that BATF can decide that M855 is "armor-piercing" and outlaw it without prior notice, overnight. :eek:

And this was a 9-0 decision!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Does anyone actually shoot 855 ammo anyway? I have been buying 55 grain softpoint 223 at $326 per 1000. I'm not sure why you would want a big stock of fmj. I target shoot with it, but if it's a real shtf situation I want sp or hp ammo, that stuff tears things up! I have shot a few deer with sp and 52 grain hp ammo it wrecks them bad. Geneva convention? I don't live in Switzerland!!!

Here is the SCOTUS decision that they will use: Perez v. Mortgage Bankers Association 3/9/2015. It says that when interpretating a regulation, an agency does not need to solicit comments, but can act without notice to change it's interpretation of a rule.

This means that BATF can decide that M855 is "armor-piercing" and outlaw it without prior notice, overnight. :eek:

And this was a 9-0 decision!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Hang them all. Seriously.

While the Congressional objection helped, the main reason they backed of is because they got caught when they published the new rules eliminating the exemption before the comment period had even ended. This is telling the American pubic "we don't care what you say, we are going to do whatever we damn well please." They had egg on their face and just want it to go away for awhile while they regroup. But I still gotta laugh at those who ran out and paid twice the normal price to get some green tipped ammo. You would think that most of us would have learned from the past to stock up on what you need because it is only a matter of time before someone will try and ban it which will result in panic buying at stupid prices.

CCRKBA calls for B. Todd Jones' departure at ATF

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today called on B. Todd Jones to step down as director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or be fired in the wake of what the group called a "colossal blunder" by the agency in proposing a ban on certain ammunition for the popular AR-15 rifle.

<broken link removed>

Thank you to everyone who wrote and telephoned in letting the ATF know this was BS! Please continue to donate to the NRA and your local pro 2A groups. The fight is going to be a long one...

While the Congressional objection helped, the main reason they backed of is because they got caught when they published the new rules eliminating the exemption before the comment period had even ended. This is telling the American pubic "we don't care what you say, we are going to do whatever we damn well please." They had egg on their face and just want it to go away for awhile while they regroup. But I still gotta laugh at those who ran out and paid twice the normal price to get some green tipped ammo. You would think that most of us would have learned from the past to stock up on what you need because it is only a matter of time before someone will try and ban it which will result in panic buying at stupid prices.

Yep, like Billery with her private e-mail for work.... BUSTED!!!!!:eek:

They are just waiting for it to quiet down so they can find a way to sneak it in when no one is paying attention.
Well, The TEMPORARY Federal Reserve was done on Christmas Day 1913. It was supposed to be a very TEMPORARY thing that has just celebrated it's 101st birthday. No matter how offensive, a private bank controls our countries currency and no one will ever do anything about it.

Brainwashing is very effective. We very clearly have rules stating that the government has ZERO say in the restriction of arms. Still, we now ask permission to carry a handgun and "Americans" comment upon "freedom" as they apply. Brainwashing works and if our .gov gets their s*** together, they can just ban everything slowly and no one will dare call them on it.

After all, The 2A is now just decoration. You can have it, but don't you dare use it. You need governmental permission to take up arms against a tyrannical government.

Somewhere in these pages and pages of jargon I saw a phrase that caught my eye..

Had something to do with the claim that 5.56 is more lethal than .223 rounds.

I wonder what person wants to stand in front of a .223 and prove it's not lethal? I mean I've seen deer drop in their tracks with a well placed .223, I must be an anomaly.

I'm more concerned about the state legislature trying to ban lead ammo, think about that perfect scenario, atf bans steel core and state bans lead core!!! Then what?

Just a temporary retreat to regroup. You didn't actually think the Tin-Pot-Dictator would throw in the towel that easily, did you? He's running short of time to get his gun control dictate imposed,,, :confused:

http://monderno.com/news/atf-director-confirms-not-just-m855/

http://bearingarms.com/atf-chief-suggests-5-56-ammo-threat-law-enforcement/?utm_source=bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

Now they refer to 5.56, but are they including .223 in with that??

Let them ban it, that might be the finial line in the sand.

Last Edited:
Does anyone actually shoot 855 ammo anyway? I have been buying 55 grain softpoint 223 at $326 per 1000. I'm not sure why you would want a big stock of fmj. I target shoot with it, but if it's a real shtf situation I want sp or hp ammo, that stuff tears things up! I have shot a few deer with sp and 52 grain hp ammo it wrecks them bad. Geneva convention? I don't live in Switzerland!!!

Who cares who shoots it or why they want to have it? Would you only send a letter to the ATF it is applied to your 55gr SP rounds?

Who cares who shoots it or why they want to have it? Would you only send a letter to the ATF it is applied to your 55gr SP rounds?
I believe the state legislature already has its eye on the sp ammo, because it's made of "evil" lead. Oregon is following California straight to hell, the people of Oregon who voted for our current crop of state politicians will soon receive what they asked for, a state with no jobs, higher taxes than anyone could ever believe possible, and New York style gun laws. So whatever ammo you choose, stock up NOW!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top