Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Assualt weapon - Define please.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Sabertooth, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

Are my Long Bow with Arrows, Spear and Tomahawk assult weapons? How about my Sharps??

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

From my point of view they aren't assault weapons until they are used to assault someone. I figure out of the firearms I own the one most likely to have been used to assault someone is an old Mosin - It was a Fin capture gun from the winter war so it probably was shot at someone at some point during the conflict.

3. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Idk are all those things black and evil looking?

4. charros93

charros93 Puget Sound Active Member

I was once hit by an assault vehicle..

OEDub and (deleted member) like this.
  5. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

A single spear would not be an "assault" weapon, but if you painted it all black, and then put a grip on it so it would be easier to handle and your hand would not slip, THEN it would be one, or if you threw 2 at once with the same hand... your hand would be considered an High capasaty spear "clip" (as the libs like to call them) and your hand would then be illegal.....

Modeler and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Funny I can remember seeing a study that came out durring the last AWB and they showed more people were killed everyear by chairs then those dreaded Assult weapons. But I never heard for a ban on chairs. Maybe it just has something to do with disarming us and not for our protection. Makes you wonder.

7. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

It's a term made up by the anti-gun establishment after they found out "Assault Rifle" was already used and has an actual definition.
    All they know it usually has a shoulder thingy that goes up.

lv1986 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

The U.S. Department of Defense has long defined 'assault rifles' as fully automatic rifles used for military purposes.

End of.

tac

Sabertooth and (deleted member) like this.
  9. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Add "select fire".

Sabertooth and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

My right hook is fairly assaulting

11. lv1986

lv1986 SW WA New Member

Shoulder thingy that goes up hahaha how funny was that, that lady is a putz. We should also ban alcohol again cause it kills far more then any gun ever has or will, oh wait we already did and it worked out fantastically.....

OEDub and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Per the ATF and their firearms definition there is NO such thing. There are some states that have that term and define what they are talking about. The media and other idiots use that term to define whatever fits their motive for the day.

13. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

barrel+shroud.jpg

And of course the genius legislator banning things she has absolutely no knowledge of: Carolyn McCarthy - YouTube

These are our enemies.

Diane Feinstein is no different. She's a complete moonbat that will ban anything that resembles a firearm if she has her way. She's like Ginny Burdick, except unfortunately the Californians aren't as smart as the PNW and actually listen to her instead of shooting down her retarded ideas.

Oklahomie and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Coffindodger

Coffindodger Seattle Member

Sharps, absolutely. The rest only on the UK and Kommiefornia. Be careful with that bow, they can get awful ornery in the spring. AAAHHHHHH ban everything so I FEEL safe!!!

My emotions are so important to everyone, and I have been violated by your question.

15. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member