JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The outgoing democratic oregon rep was telling the other democrats exactly what this lawyer in the video said. Something like "Remember how bad democrats lost after the 1994 bill, this is a mistake". The other democrats all ignored him.
It's nice to note as well that Oregon's Kurt Schrader (D) was also one of the 5 to break ranks and voted against the AWB.

"The five Democrats that split with their party and opposed the ban were Reps. Jared Golden of Maine, Kurt Schrader of Oregon, Ron Kind of Wisconsin and Henry Cuellar and Vicente Gonzalez of Texas."

Also interesting to note was that the only way they got it to go through was by splitting it from the other packaged issues in the measure and vote solely on the AWB issue.

Don't give me any of that "it'll die on the floor, don't waste effort fighting it"

I heard so much of that when it was still in the house.

Anyone who tells you that an AWB will die on the floor does not have your best intrest in mind.

Time to start leaning on the senators.

DO NOT BACK DOWN.

it was a party line vote no Republican voted for it, all Dems but I seen on this forum the left does not want to take our guns,,,, O ya they aren't taking them their just making sure all future Americans cant have them.

This was just a vote to allow them to bring it to the floor for a vote later today on the actual bill so we will know later tonight.
Two republicans voted for it

Indeed but who's got the willpower and the authority to arrest sitting Congresspeople, or even to set up Congressional Hearings and Trials/indicements/impeachments and arresting, throwing the lot of them in Fed prison?
I mean, Linda Thompson thought she did . . . but Mike Dillon had other views on who she maybe really was

Tried to find a good smile for this, and feel like this one captures the energy of that moment

:s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055::s0055:

Deep cut kids, you kind of had to be there :s0141:

Only if it doesn't get attached to a "tax/spend/reduce inflation" reconcillatory bill. Still; don't bet on it. The last bill that had some anti-2A/anti 4th/5th/14th stuff passed Senate anyhow.
Cause introducing more money really helps inflation….. haha.

It's DOA in the Senate.
Because senators really care about you, your rights, the constitution? Or maybe they can't be bribed or handed a pound of sugar or promised something in return for a vote. Remember, it's tax money and not their own they are dishing out. These are the same people that mostly said nothing for the last 2 years while first responders where fired, people lost their businesses and, well, you know the thing.

I have to be thankful IF the government acknowledges my rights. We already have a president* and the House showing they do not. This on the hills of SCOUTS, the highest courts saying they need to follow the law. No, I don't have confidence in McConnell or the senate.

I think the Dems are giving up the house, so that's why they will push through all this and have it sit in the Senate lobby .. hoping they can focus and plow through votes in a couple states like WI or PA and swing a 51-49 Senate. Then they pass a vote to suspend the Fillibuster for these "crucial emergency measures" and cram it through.

Then dare you to play the court game to get to SCOTUS before they can clear Thomas and Alito out.
I'm not a psychic but I did stay at a Holiday Inn

Subscribe to oregon firearms federation email list, email your local representatives, and prepare for the oregon measure that is coming up this november. Permit to purchase, 10 round mag limits, this will not stop crime, people need to know share facts

A lot of this Senate, if "doing right" mattered to them they'd have already performed seppuku. Fifteen RAT's sold us up the river on the last gun-grab bill including the Resuckinc*cks previously mentioned up-thread, and unless at least six flip to give us 41 for the filibuster it goes to the floor.

If we can't get 41 we can forget the 51 we need to prevent a Vice Prostitute tiebreaker.

Only if it doesn't get attached to a "tax/spend/reduce inflation" reconcillatory bill. Still; don't bet on it. The last bill that had some anti-2A/anti 4th/5th/14th stuff passed Senate anyhow.
The senate rules committe would kill it. Its not a spending bill. I have confidence in McConnell.

Y'all should have a gander at Reddit's R/Liberalgunowners :s0064: :s0140: lots of perma-banning going on there. Who's getting perma-banned? People who point out that it passed largely on party lines with one party in favor of it and only 2 from the other side in favor... of course its like @Alexx1401 says, they got over the top mad that "their" side voted in favor of the AWB 2.0 in the House :rolleyes: from some of the comments on other Reddit groups. It seems to be "a whole bunch of cope and seething" :s0064:

Shall we all file an anonymous report listing all the sponsors of that bill? If everyone does it once reporting a code 18 241 violation, maybe something will happen?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top