JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been buying Arken Optics lately over just about anything else out there. Their EP line has Japanese glass and they are feature rich for their prices.

My 3rd scope from them was slightly less clear than the others. Otherwise it worked as advertised and everything worked as it should. It has a noticeable black halo/fog to it vs the others I own.

It was enough to ask about.

So I reached out to Arken.

Within an hour their CS responded and said it might have been a lens matching error. Then I filled out the online form for an RA and they had a 1 day USPS prepaid label in my email before the end of the day.

I boxed it up and it's on its way back.

Looks like they are pretty consistent with swapping out the scope for a new one per reading others online.

With the holiday this weekend, I'm curious how fast the turn around will be.

I definitely give their customer service an A. The hasty response and next day return label impressed me. I'll follow up on the scope once I get it or the replacement back from them.

Anyways, figured I'd share, not much information out there about their warranty services / customer service.

Thanks!

Reno

They got it yesterday via tracking. Shipping a new one to me as of the e-mail I got today.

A+, Arken.

From what I've seen they do pretty good.
A guy on another forum was asking about the illumination being weird.
Most told him that's just the way it is.
He asked Arken and they sent him another one.
It's the same and he's just going to deal with it like everyone else.

Good to hear re: Customer Service. I know the owner is a retired Navy/SOCOM guy. Probably a high achieving dude with low tolerance for BS.

I bought an SH4 last month and the glass looks pretty damn good... The features are hard to believe at this price point. I haven't tested the Parallax adjustment or any that. That seems to be one area the internet is not happy with.

The SH4 is heavy though. I wish Arken or SWFA would make something smaller for ARs. A 2.5-10x32 with illumination would be great. Right now Vortex is the only game in town under $1000.

New one is as clear as the other SH4 I've got. No more black fog. I look forward to sighting it in shortly.

Good to hear re: Customer Service. I know the owner is a retired Navy/SOCOM guy. Probably a high achieving dude with low tolerance for BS.

I bought an SH4 last month and the glass looks pretty damn good... The features are hard to believe at this price point. I haven't tested the Parallax adjustment or any that. That seems to be one area the internet is not happy with.

The SH4 is heavy though. I wish Arken or SWFA would make something smaller for ARs. A 2.5-10x32 with illumination would be great. Right now Vortex is the only game in town under $1000.
I've got one of these coming my way - an EPL4 which is about 15 oz. lighter than the other offerings and designed for hunters. In any event, the reticle makes it useful for hunting but also as a general target shooter, SHTF, whatever. For the price you pay (especially on EOY discounts) you cannot go wrong. The turrets get praise for being very positive and tracking well so if the glass is even just decent, I'd be happy. It's also a FFP reticle and claims to have Japanese glass. I haven't seen that bundle of features for under $800 from really anyone else let alone $300.

It'll go on my 6.5 grendel build and hopefully doesn't have issues but I have no problem being the quality control and sending it back if needs be.

Check Camera Land - looks like there are quite a few Arken models on rebate.
Ends Jan 2, 2024

The Arken Halo rings seem to be well made and of a clean design.
I used Talley 2 piece picatinnys with them.

Last Edited:
I've got one of these coming my way - an EPL4 which is about 15 oz. lighter than the other offerings and designed for hunters. In any event, the reticle makes it useful for hunting but also as a general target shooter, SHTF, whatever. For the price you pay (especially on EOY discounts) you cannot go wrong. The turrets get praise for being very positive and tracking well so if the glass is even just decent, I'd be happy. It's also a FFP reticle and claims to have Japanese glass. I haven't seen that bundle of features for under $800 from really anyone else let alone $300.
When you get it make sure and write up a review here and add some pics, I am sure many people are curious.

I am interested in the EP-8 for a possible URGI build. Japanese Glass FFP sub-$400 is pretty much unheard of.

Last Edited:
When you get it make sure and write up a review here and add some pics, I am sure many people are curious.

I am interested in the EP-8 for a possible URGI build. Japanese Glass FFP sub-$400 is pretty much unheard of.
Are you talking about the EP5? I haven't seen the EP8 but if there is one, it's gotta be good too. I'm moderating my expectations but everyone seems to rave about their EP series. I will definitely let you know what I think once I get it. I'll compare it to my Steiner P4xi (German Glass). I also had an Athlon Ares BTR that, although I no longer have it, I can distinctly remember the qualities of it enough to make a comparison.

Just got my EPL4 4-16 in today. Pretty impressed with this thing. Honestly it makes you question other companies inability to get certain things down. I understand this is Chinese made but it's really packed with features:

Pros:
FFP
Illuminated
Very crisp elevation turret
Zero Stop
Very clear glass for its price
Includes sunshade
Includes lens covers
Reasonably light enough for hunting etc

Cons:
Limited eye box. I haven't mounted it yet so once I do I'll have everything set up so this should be less of an issue.

Illumination not great. Could offer brighter settings. Some of the glow spills over into parts of the reticle that aren't supposed to be lit. But the fact it's illuminated at all is a plus at its price.

Some dials were stiff out of the box but broke in quickly with some turning. Prefer stiff to lose.

I'd buy another. I have a feeling that they won't offer the discount deals forever because frankly they're underpriced for what you get.

I just got my new Arken 1-8x28 LPVO but have yet to mount it. They make decent optics at decent prices. Mine netted out at $299 (after discount). Came with a mount also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top