JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone will find a way to poke holes in all of the facts and turn it back on us most likely.

Very good article to help put things into perspective - how that is perceived is up for subjection.

I can already hear the anti-gun people heads exploding when they read that article and discover there are assumably more then 10 times the number of AR's in the country then their precious Priuses. (Known in my family as a Prius of shight)

We all know that long guns are not very good at committing crimes, and especially crimes of opportunity which is what most are! Even hand guns are used way less then the anti;s want us all to think!

We all know that long guns are not very good at committing crimes, and especially crimes of opportunity which is what most are! Even hand guns are used way less then the anti;s want us all to think!

For sure!

I would never want or wish death or pain on others BUT I would be very interested in how this story would go if the guy went in with 2 machetes... Any idiot could kill or maim 2-3 times the numbers in Orlando if they just went into the dance floor like it was a briar patch.

Would they then push to ban garden tools? I'm guessing not and it would turn back into a terrorist attack issue; against the LGBT community (not US citizens...).

Its never been about facts. Its an argument of logic vs. feelings. Facts only matter to logic side, but not feelings. They'll just say a ban on assault weapons would lead to less mass shootings, when all it would do is make handguns more prevelant in mass shootings if it even stopped criminals from getting rifles like the AR (and it won't). Different when talking about the government. Then it becomes people wanting to be free vs. the government wanting more power.

Interesting read...

"So today's murder victim is nearly twice as likely to be bludgeoned as shot with a rifle, and three times more likely to be punched, kicked, strangled or shoved to his doom by his murderer's bare hands or shod feet."

Are Rifles Used a Lot in Homicides? | WeaponsMan (http://weaponsman.com/?p=32708)

Try about 40 times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver than murdered by a rifle...

Number of annual homicides by all rifles combined (not just the scary looking ones). Each * represents about 300 victims:

Number of annual homicides by drunk drivers, also about 300 victims per *.

By liberal logic shouldn't we be banning cars since it's impossible to prevent drunks from purchasing or stealing then using one?

Also why aren't more worried about homicides by drunk drivers since there are 40 effing times as many killed than by rifles? Are their lives not worth as much because a scary looking rifle was used?

Or maybe just because it's all about capitalizing on a tragic event to advance their politics instead of looking for a REAL solution?????? Effing scumbags one and all (and I'm using restraint here...).

4% (some years 3%) of crimes are committed using long-rifles (Source: FBI crime statistics)

In 2013, ~200 out of 8,400 gun-murders were committed using rifles.

More people were murdered by "clubs" in 2013.

Stop it JUST STOP IT. I've had about enough of this logic and rational thought. If you can't just go along with the crowd you are obviously a gun toting primitive bigoted woman hater who has no right to even voice an opinion.

or something like that

Statistics show that every rifle in America has been used in at least 2 homicides.

Yes, the baby that was sacrificed during the manufacture of each rifle & again by the owner to bless it after it was purchased. This is the real reason the religious right wants to ban abortion, because Planned Parenthood is taking all the potential sacrificial babies.

Stop it JUST STOP IT. I've had about enough of this logic and rational thought. If you can't just go along with the crowd you are obviously a gun toting primitive bigoted woman hater who has no right to even voice an opinion.

or something like that

And you should be MURDEREDDDD IN THE STREEETTSSS!! Because peace & harmony.

Try about 40 times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver than murdered by a rifle...

Number of annual homicides by all rifles combined (not just the scary looking ones). Each * represents about 300 victims:

By liberal logic shouldn't we be banning cars since it's impossible to prevent drunks from purchasing or stealing then using one?

Also why aren't more worried about homicides by drunk drivers since there are 40 effing times as many killed than by rifles? Are their lives not worth as much because a scary looking rifle was used?

Or maybe just because it's all about capitalizing on a tragic event to advance their politics instead of looking for a REAL solution?????? Effing scumbags one and all (and I'm using restraint here...).

But cars weren't invented as MURDDDERRR weapons.

And cars actually have a legitimate purpose[/sarc].

In a different thread I wondered just many AR15's owners were out there Vs. the criminals who used AR's in their crimes.
Which led to my thinking of just how many guns and gun owners are out there Vs. criminals who used guns.
I just looked at the thread "Shooting Pictures" as of right now there are 49 pages of folks shooting their guns and not one illegal act. Guess I kinda got my answer.

To the OP thanks for posting the link ... Nice to have some real numbers to back up what you are trying to say.
Andy

In a different thread I wondered just many AR15's owners were out there Vs. the criminals who used AR's in their crimes.
Which led to my thinking of just how many guns and gun owners are out there Vs. criminals who used guns.
I just looked at the thread "Shooting Pictures" as of right now there are 49 pages of folks shooting their guns and not one illegal act. Guess I kinda got my answer.

To the OP thanks for posting the link ... Nice to have some real numbers to back up what you are trying to say.
Andy
I can't find a video of the speech, but even Obama had to admit that rifles aren't used in crime nearly nearly as much as handguns. He made the admission while talking about the crime rates in Chicago- if I can find a link to the clip I'll post it- or if anyone else can, please do!

2010 census population 308,745,538

population under 18 74,181,467

population of felons 5,850,000

estimated number of people not allowed to own a firearm in the USA

81,000,000 + I am not including the illegals as I do not know how many are in the population numbers nor even how many are here.

308,745,538 - 81,000,000 = 227,745,538 estimated people allowed to own firearms in the USA

current estimation of the number of firearms owners in the USA is 80 to 100 million

if we take the low end that means more then 1/3 of the voting age adults in the USA own a firearm. And the high end a bit less then half.

So these anti gun nuts are calling more then 1/3+ of the voting age population of the country "Names" and insinuating we are some kind of crazy.

I was called a murderer the other day merely for explaining that there's no functional difference between a Ruger ranch rifle and a Bushmaster AR-15.o_O

I murdered some elk with my .308 rifle so far, a bunch of sage rats over the years with my .22, and a few yeller-bellied marmots the other day. Oh, the horror!!!!

But my two ARs have murdered NOTHING AT ALL so far. Hmmmm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top