JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After HB1240 passed I thought that it was illegal to have a pistol grip on a shotgun. Every firearm shop I have been too within Washington has not had any shotguns with a pistol grip since HB1240 passed. However the other day at a Bi-Mart near me I saw a shotgun with a pistol grip. Has this rule been overturned on shotguns or was it never a thing? I have not been able to find a straight answer online. Thanks!

That is interesting. I know the law was written VERY poorly. When it first went in and someone would ask about gun xyz, what I started doing was looking at my favorite distributor to see what they were still selling here and what they had listed as "no more". The Semi shotties with pistol grips were on the "no" list while the same model without was on the "ok" list. Was the shottie you saw by chance a pump? Wonder if this would make the difference??

Semi auto pumps are bad with a grip. Semi auto without a grip, not bad. Pump action with grip, not bad. Make sense? No, but then neither do the democrats who pass this garbage.

Thats what i mean. This state will let you go into someone's property with a axe, threaten them with it and release the person the same day. Not very wise to take advice from this state lol.
My point is that pistol grips on shotguns isn't a federal thing. It has nothing to do with the ATF . They could care less. Thats a state prohibition.

That is interesting. I know the law was written VERY poorly. When it first went in and someone would ask about gun xyz, what I started doing was looking at my favorite distributor to see what they were still selling here and what they had listed as "no more". The Semi shotties with pistol grips were on the "no" list while the same model without was on the "ok" list. Was the shottie you saw by chance a pump? Wonder if this would make the difference??
I believe it was a pump. That was the only thing I could think is that semi shotguns are not allowed to have it. But i have not seen any with a pistol grip. That was the first time I had seen one in months.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top