JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Optics planet has a good deal on the hk hogue otf knife but i just got an email that i need to prove im a leo or some sort because they arent available to the general public? I thought the laws said it was ok to have but not to conceal

they are not illegal, it is illegal to conceal it . Thats where the pocket clip comes in .......so much visible out of the pocket deems it open carry . The LEO check is a store thing . You can buy an Infidel from Sportsman Medford with no checking .

Optics planet has a good deal on the hk hogue otf knife but i just got an email that i need to prove im a leo or some sort because they arent available to the general public? I thought the laws said it was ok to have but not to conceal
Is that knife considered an automatic? I know optics planet ships this otf knife to OR unless something changed very recently.

Auto knives are legal to own and carry in Oregon. 'Concealed' carry is prohibited.
You can buy OTF's at many of the sporting goods stores.
On the net, try Blade HQ. Good prices, good dealings.

Keep in mind that knife laws are often even more convoluted than gun laws. Even if the state doesn't have a law against, say, OTF knives, individual cities may. So make sure you're checking the local laws of the cities you intend to traverse.

In other news it's astounds me that even though I may have a permit to carry a concealed handgun, it may be illegal for me to cary a certain type of knife. I'm pretty sure when our founders stated that, "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," they considered knives to be "arms." :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews