JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What length barrel

Votes: 6 16.2%

Votes: 31 83.8%

• Total voters
I have two pistol upper receivers. A 7.5" Rainer barrel in 5.56 and an 8.5 Noveski in 6.8 SPC. They both function well. I haven't wished for longer barrels. If I did I would use a rifle.

No option for both?

I've got one in each size.

The 7.5" makes dirt come up of the ground from being fired while standing. :)

The 10.5 is likely more practical for less loss of fps. The smaller 7.5 makes for a very compact set up.

I voted 10.5 out of the given choices.

I used to have a 7.5" 5.56 with a kx3, and it worked fine. I got rid of it for no particular reason.

A few days ago I assembled a 12.5" pistol that I will probably sbr. Haven't shot it, yet. 20161214_163518.jpg

I plan to put together a really short 9mm (or maybe 300BLK) with a folding Shockwave brace as a "backpack gun".

.223 / 5.56 = 10.5 barrel for my Ar-Pistol. That was the minimum length where my suppressor warranty would still be valid. Never had any issues with it, runs well with just about everything.

.300blk = 12" and 10.5".
No issues yet.

No option for both?

I've got one in each size.

The 7.5" makes dirt come up of the ground from being fired while standing. :)

The 10.5 is likely more practical for less loss of fps. The smaller 7.5 makes for a very compact set up.

What do you have on the end of the barrel of the 7.5? Both the 10.5 and 7 inch have the Troy
Claymore liner comp and do very well pushing blast and noise forward.

20161217_174039.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads