JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What length barrel

Votes: 6 16.2%

Votes: 31 83.8%

• Total voters
10.5" 300 with the Omega is by far my favorite. I do have a 7" but find it not as fun or comfortable to shoot. I did build the 10.5" from scratch with a wide mix of mfg.
2016-12-13 19.59.17.jpg

I checked the 7.5, but both of mine are 8.5 I have shot the one with the Aero Precision complete upper and it has a Linear Compensator and is fun shooting. I don't know about the one I just completed, it has a Palmetto upper (I supplied the BCG and CH) with a Bird Cage, I might switch it to the same liner comp later if the bird cage doesn't work out. I have not fired it yet. I looked at longer to get more speed but really wanted short for maneuverability.

Flash bang? Not sure what you mean by that.

I have a 7.5" and love it, but I wanted it really short.
From what I've read and heard from others the 10.5" is the best overall.
But I haven't had any issues with mine, runs perfectly

IMG_3043.jpg

Thank you for all the replies. After some additional research myself I'll be going with the 10.5. I'll show a pick once I've received the upper.

My 8.5" runs great with reloads using super fast burning powder like IMR4198. The noise makes it super fun. If I want to punch tiny groups at longer distances I'll use the 18" one.

Flash bang? Not sure what you mean by that.

I have a 7.5" and love it, but I wanted it really short.
From what I've read and heard from others the 10.5" is the best overall.
But I haven't had any issues with mine, runs perfectly

View attachment 328724

Here is my take on this. We are talking "pistol" correct? We are not talking 10" carbine. Which is really what they are. A carbine with no stock so let's call it a pistol. Can you conceal a 10" pistol with a full length buffer tube under a ski jacket? True it is not very practical but you can conceal a 7.5" with a specific short pistol buffer tube. This is what I have built. 7.5" with gas recoil not piston. To improve the cycling I mounted a Flaming Pig brake on the front to create more positive cycling. Works great and it has no issues. I set out to do what you did. When I think AR pistol. I think of something as short and compact as I can get. Not a short carbine with no stock.

buffertube_zpsjmfgn3bm.jpg

I got the buffer system from a guy in Cali on Calguns.net. I can't remember the manufacturer at the moment. The spring system goes into the hollow portion of the bolt carrier and uses the carrier as part of the recoil system. It is quite detailed. It really does work great.

That looks like the one. But I did not pay nearly that much. I bought it used but in great condition. For some reason I remember a little piston that goes through the hollow inside portion of the carrier but don't see it in the pic. I thought I used a standard carrier. Now I am going to have to go look.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top