JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i didn't read all the posts so this might have been mentioned but my friend had this problem and I fixed it for him, he installed the small disconnector spring in his trigger pack upside down, i assessed the problem and switched it and it ran 100%

Last Edited:
Are you certain that the hole in the gas block is aligned with the gas port on the barrel? Failure to function is likely a gas issue. Failing that, I would try a different magazine.
Multiple magazines have been tried. All work perfectly fine in other rifles. The upper is from a different rifle that has zero issues.

I am going to triple check again the disconnector spring. All of it is installed correctly but just because I checked maybe I missed something. Doubt it but it is worth checking.

Replaced the FCG with the one that @bolus sent. Have to see what happens when I go shooting. Btw, the disconnector spring is face down/ large size is down. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Nothing looks out of the ordinary either. These are pictures of the FCG that was in the lower.

Are Anderson Lowers a good value? I am thinking about about buying a few lowers and try doing my own build.

AR snobs would say no. Funny how Anderson, Aero, Spikes and a few others are all the same lower with different stamping. :rolleyes:

I have 3 builds on Anderson lowers. They shoot just fine. And anyone that tells you the quality of the lower will affect accuracy has probably drank straight from the toilet.

I have just came back from the range. My AR build is able to fire the first round and it picks up the second round but, the trigger is dead. I am curious to know what is going on.

The lower is a Spikes Tactical with a Maxim Defense CQB stock. The upper is my Bushmaster 16" barrel.

I am not sure if it's the buffer or the trigger. Here is a video that may help. Anything else that would help you help me just ask.

You are undergassed. Use a lighter buffer and lube.
I have built a few, and adjustable gas blocks or lighter weight buffers will solve your cycling issue.
JM .02

You are undergassed. Use a lighter buffer and lube.
I have built a few, and adjustable gas blocks or lighter weight buffers will solve your cycling issue.
JM .02

There is no cycling problem, the weapon fired, the BCG extracted & ejected the spent round and stripped a new round from the magazine into the barrel extension, just like it suppose to. The issue is an out of spec FCG or lower receiver.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top