JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to invade;;; glad it worked out.
Didn't your bbl have a divot (what's it called?center drill spot) to locate the gas block.I have a 358MPG bbl with no location hole for a .875 gas block, and needs a PRI mag rib milled out. Slowed that build down, but I have all the parts.

Because I am the OP of the thread I am ok with and suggest that ANYONE that has AR build problems can use this thread to ask for help from this community!

I'm glad you feel that way. We all jumped in to try to help you, and that's what NWF is all about: if not helping each other, open discussion. Sadly due to what I believe as "over-moderation" many gun forums have long since drifted into toxicity. Free expression and discussion is hard to come by due to so many organizations censoring certain brands, companies, etc. That said, I'm happy to hear that AK0perator47. I'll stay subscribed and help out if I can.
:s0090:

yes but it's when I started tightening it down that I slipped or something because it was off just a little bit. Why it would cycle but not grab the next round.

This is a good reason why it's important to dimple the barrel just slightly at minimum for "set-screw" type gas blocks. You never want to use set screws without dimples: it will raise proud marks and make adding and removing the gas block difficult, and even worse it will deform the barrel if you tighten the set screws down to much. There is a reason why the military uses two large taper pins to attach the Front Sight Block (FSB). In my opinion you should not have a fighting rifle without pinning the gas block to the barrel. The Geissele Super Gas Block is great IMO, if you cannot used a FSB or Shaved FSB which is the benchmark of durability IMO. Measure twice drill/mill once. In addition you want to use a high temp (700F+) thread locker compound and NEVER tighten the set screws more than hand tight (not gorilla hand tight: yes that's me too..) A good deal of folks are running around with deformed barrels due to set screws. I have learned to be gentle while fitting parts, lube, take my time. It's easier to gently put your barrel in a vise, and scribe a line 1inch or so off your gas port hole so you can ensure the gas block is 100% aligned.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top