JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i didn't read all the posts so this might have been mentioned but my friend had this problem and I fixed it for him, he installed the small disconnector spring in his trigger pack upside down, i assessed the problem and switched it and it ran 100%

Last Edited:
Are you certain that the hole in the gas block is aligned with the gas port on the barrel? Failure to function is likely a gas issue. Failing that, I would try a different magazine.
Multiple magazines have been tried. All work perfectly fine in other rifles. The upper is from a different rifle that has zero issues.

I am going to triple check again the disconnector spring. All of it is installed correctly but just because I checked maybe I missed something. Doubt it but it is worth checking.

Replaced the FCG with the one that @bolus sent. Have to see what happens when I go shooting. Btw, the disconnector spring is face down/ large size is down. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Nothing looks out of the ordinary either. These are pictures of the FCG that was in the lower.

Are Anderson Lowers a good value? I am thinking about about buying a few lowers and try doing my own build.

AR snobs would say no. Funny how Anderson, Aero, Spikes and a few others are all the same lower with different stamping. :rolleyes:

I have 3 builds on Anderson lowers. They shoot just fine. And anyone that tells you the quality of the lower will affect accuracy has probably drank straight from the toilet.

I have just came back from the range. My AR build is able to fire the first round and it picks up the second round but, the trigger is dead. I am curious to know what is going on.

The lower is a Spikes Tactical with a Maxim Defense CQB stock. The upper is my Bushmaster 16" barrel.

I am not sure if it's the buffer or the trigger. Here is a video that may help. Anything else that would help you help me just ask.

You are undergassed. Use a lighter buffer and lube.
I have built a few, and adjustable gas blocks or lighter weight buffers will solve your cycling issue.
JM .02

You are undergassed. Use a lighter buffer and lube.
I have built a few, and adjustable gas blocks or lighter weight buffers will solve your cycling issue.
JM .02

There is no cycling problem, the weapon fired, the BCG extracted & ejected the spent round and stripped a new round from the magazine into the barrel extension, just like it suppose to. The issue is an out of spec FCG or lower receiver.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top