JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BEATENZONE-CHARGING-HANDLE-ATCH-7.png
Looks interesting!

the devil dog side charging handle I found online for 220 about 100 more than I am willing to pay. If i want a side charger I will grab a fal.

the devil dog side charging handle I found online for 220 about 100 more than I am willing to pay. If i want a side charger I will grab a fal.
It was $154 shipped from thier site. I have spent $80 on several of my Ambi charging handles so it's not a huge step from that.

I more or less ordered one because I wanted to see what it was like. I bought my first real side charger AR upper last summer for a 9MM carbine and kind of like it.

In any case it will be a fun gimmick, maybe I'll put it on the slidefire "SAW". :D

A few years ago, I bought extended unlocking levers for all of my charging handles for $7.00 ea..:eek:

They work just fine for AR's with large scopes. I don't have to reach under the scope any more and in case of FTF, FTE, or magazine change, I just slap the operating rod back with my left hand to clear, meanwhile keeping my right hand on the fire control group. ;)

*Badger Ordnance, Tac Latch :D:D

Last Edited:
Not the same thing as was asked about, but I built up a varmint AR a while back. Got a Mega Machine upper with slot for a true side handle on the bolt. The upper is mfg without a shell deflector and I never notice it is not there as pretty much throws the brass to the same places. The bolt is from Young Machine in Arizona and comes with the side handle. You do have to unscrew the side handle to remove the bolt of course and keep checking to it as it will get loose. You could locktite it, but then hard to get off.

I love it and the bolt is so smooth to operate. Being raised on bolt actions, it is in a natural place for my right hand and not buried under a scope.

[QUOTE="Dave A, post: 1552195, member: 18001"

I love it and the bolt is so smooth to operate. Being raised on bolt actions, it is in a natural place for my right hand and not buried under a scope.[/QUOTE]

That is why I wanted the sidecharger to get it out of the way of the scope. I never thought about a left hand actuator as I have a lot of time with bolts and M-14s and right side seems natural to me. that said I can see merits to the dark left side

I got the DDC unit today. The glaring standout thing just taking it from the box is the charging knob is plastic. That to me is unacceptable. It should be aluminum at least. It might be fine but at $150 it seems like a really poor place to skimp

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top