JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't feel it's getting knocked loose? I feel the problem is in the BCG. But I don't know what issue with the BCG would cause such damage to the CH?
Assuming that the gas key is correctly aligned, at the correct height, and solidly staked in place, then I would look at what @Stomper suggests regarding CH measurements. Get a caliper and check it out.

Good possibility you got a bad CH too. Your most cost effective troubleshoot would be a mil-spec CH and see if you can replicate the problem.
Yup, that's what I suggested in Post #16, and @Flopsweat in Post #13 (while I was busy typing #16).
Swap out with a milspec and see what happens.

Do you have another BCG you could throw in and eliminate that probability.

@Richo877 @sobo @Reno @Flopsweat @1775usmc
I really appreciate all the input. It gives me a good place to start from. Stupid is as stupid does but I bought another Aero BCG and another radian CH, I'll grab a mil spec one too. Can't get out for a couple weeks but will let you know what I come up with.
I really like both of these company's products but I will say they're not the best on customer service. This experience has made me start a folder for receipts and unfortunately keep the boxes…
Once again, great forum and I truly do appreciate all the input.

What's funny is that just yesterday, I was playing very nearly this same game with a 2-stage EPT for the AR platform.
For the life of me, I couldn't get it to work in one of my AR pistols, but that same trigger worked in at least two other guns.
Finally put a different 2-stager (from the same manufacturer) in that same pistol and it worked swimmingly.
Took the first EPT that wouldn't work in that pistol and stuck it in one of my AR carbines, and it worked just fine in there.
No reason I can think of as to why that particular EPT didn't want to work in that particular pistol.
I was just fortunate to have several other ARs where spare parts can find homes...

Last Edited:
@sobo The thing I didn't like is I kinda felt like I was treated like a dumbo? I mean, I buy many of their products and enjoy them, but when there is an issue, they didn't take it into consideration. I put this together last year, all factory Aero built assembly Lower/Upper. I have since switched to different manufacturers

Weird, that wear doesn't look all that deep, you can clearly see the etching through the anodizing still, so it's very minor! I have the exact same charging handle in a few carbines, nary an issue with any of them, something is off in your upper, ether the handle groove is a little too tight or maybe the coatings a bit too thick, ether way, that wear isn't bad at all!

@mtsteelie

Did you 'wet up' your BCG and CH before you shot it? I've found some CHs to be difficult to install and cycle in their 'just out of the package ' condition. I'll even break down the BCG into its parts and clean and 'wet' them too before reinstalling them. Reduces a misfeed or other stoppage.

What's funny is that just yesterday, I was playing very nearly this same game with a 2-stage EPT for the AR platform.
For the life of me, I couldn't get it to work in one of my AR pistols, but that same trigger worked in at least two other guns.
Finally put a different 2-stager (from the same manufacturer) in that same pistol and it worked swimmingly.
Took the first EPT that wouldn't work in that pistol and stuck it in one of my AR carbines, and it worked just fine in there.
No reason I can think of as to why that particular EPT didn't want to work in that particular pistol.
I was just fortunate to have several other ARs where spare parts can find homes...
Left handed trigger maybe?

After seeing the picture of the bottom of the charging handle. I'd rule out the BCG being an issue. It would make itself known via some form of noticeable wear.

The wear is only on the top and within the portion that protrudes from the receiver when the charging handle is pulled rearward.

My vote is poor anodizing and or the OP is favoring a heavier than normal upward pull on the charging handle when cycling it.

Hearing that it is a 7.5" barrel. I'm guessing you are having gas related feeding issues, as that's a common thing with undergassed 7.5" barrels. So having to manipulate a charging handle holding a pistol AR with no brace used incorrectly, IE I'm guessing the OP is loading the gun in one hand and racking the charging hand with the other without any 3rd point of contact, it's like he is pulling upward on it as well as rearward.

@Ura-Ki
D8EC4A1A-91A8-4557-B9AA-120BED1AFA56.jpeg
AB508ED2-806C-40A2-84E3-28A0A7D1AD11.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR