JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the DDC unit today. The glaring standout thing just taking it from the box is the charging knob is plastic. That to me is unacceptable. It should be aluminum at least. It might be fine but at $150 it seems like a really poor place to skimp
Yeabut the guy in the video was bouncing up and down on it with his foot! I almost expected him to turn into shamwow man right then and there.

If I was going to change anything on my AR it would be an upper left folding bolt "knob". As it is I am so accustomed to the standard AR charger I use my left hand anyway. No real "thinking" involved- still it would be nice not to pull the charger handle (as it is) back into my face.
I have tossed the idea of getting a left-charging upper but usually spend the money on more mags, ammo or guns...

So I mounted the thing on a rifle (I took some video but can't seem to get it to load to YouTube so I can share it)

The short answer
I don't like it :D

The longer version is it adds bulk and complexity and feels gimmicky. I honestly can't see that on a "real" rifle it has a place that justifies its weight and risk of failure

I'll probably end up putting it on my bumpfire "saw" which is already a gimmicky toy. It will be kind of neat for that.

I'll post the video if I can figure out how (it just shows it on the rifle from various angles)

Mine might be on the right side, but it is a metal handle screwed directly into the Bolt Carrier Group and is very solid. It does reciprocate, but that is not a issue to me, at least it helps the shooter in the event of a malfunction. I like mine from Bear Creek Arsenal.

I've got a "real" 9mm side charger upper. I like it just fine. Off the top of my head I don't recall who makes it but it's a non reciprocating left side knob. It's a whole different animal than this clamp on afterthought

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top