JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I applied through the Clackamas County Sheriff's office online. The nearest day I could come in for prints and stuff is in nearly 3 weeks! Will they start to process my application now? Or do they start after I go in for the appointment?

I think I had to wait 2.5 weeks for my appointment, the lady who processed the paperwork said they try for 5-7 working days, but it took about 15 for me. I share a name with another Portland resident who doesn't a clean record, so I assume that was part of the delay for me.

The last time I renewed mine it was a couple of month + wait. (I think I waited over nine weeks) I understand your impatience, but just slow down a little. :D

Here in WA, I had to also wait 2 weeks for an appointment at the local PD. However once applied I got he CPL in the mail in 7 days. Go figure!

Clock starts ticking the minute to submit your completed application and pay the fee(s).

Well, Oregon law (ORS 166.292) gives the sheriff 45 days from date of application to either mail the license, or mail (via certified mail) the denial letter with reason for denial. Anything in between is all up to them. They could decide to make you wait 44 days to come in and get your photo/fingerprints/etc, then issue it in one day if they felt like it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top