JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They did a piece on the Mexican drug wars...and talked about how they're getting "90%" of their guns from the US. this, while showing a belt-fed .50cal machine gun and a table filled with grenade-launcher equipped AR's.

Anybody know of a bunch of criminals cleared for their NFA 3's? Or any shady NFA 3 holders selling to the Mexican gangs?

Seems to me the only people that sold these guns, if in fact they did, are the US military(or their contractors) themselves.

What, didn't you guys hear?

There's plenty of Ma Deuce's and Grenade Launcher equipped AR's floating around the US...but the gangbangers here never ever use them, they just sell em all to Mexico.

I mean that makes sense right? That all these guns would be coming from the US, yet they're never used in crimes committed in the US.

They did a piece on the Mexican drug wars...and talked about how they're getting "90%" of their guns from the US. this, while showing a belt-fed .50cal machine gun and a table filled with grenade-launcher equipped AR's.

Anybody know of a bunch of criminals cleared for their NFA 3's? Or any shady NFA 3 holders selling to the Mexican gangs?

Seems to me the only people that sold these guns, if in fact they did, are the US military(or their contractors) themselves.

As much as I understand your intentions here regarding Class 3 weapons, I'd like to play on this point.

I don't think because they're cleared class 3 holders means anything in this argument. It won't stop anybody from getting fully automatics, especially if they have cash.

I feel that these weapons should not be illegal for civilian ownership, as the constitution has no guidelines regarding small arms possession and to restrict people to class 3 and monitor their every transaction is criminal.

There's plenty of Ma Deuce's and Grenade Launcher equipped AR's floating around the US...but the gangbangers here never ever use them, they just sell em all to Mexico.

I mean that makes sense right? That all these guns would be coming from the US, yet they're never used in crimes committed in the US.

Seriously.

Well said. :s0155:

Well heck, if they are THAT common where can I get one? Better I should get it than the gangbangers OR the Mexicans right??

The mexican drug lords have cash a plenty and south america is loaded with weapons of all kinds. The mayor from San Diego has it wrong. He's the same guy that says the border is under control now. What a joke!

They always do crap like this. They show a table full of evil looking weapons trying to elicit a negative gut reaction from people watching. They want them to be afraid. Drug lords are not buying these guns from dealers or gangbangers in the US. They are getting them from overseas and from para-military groups who funnel them directly from our own forces. To try and pretend any type of civilian gun laws would stop this is just a fantasy.

They do the same thing with the gun buy back programs. The sheriff shows up with some EBR's from holding and lets the media take pics of them and everyone pretends these are guns they actually took off the street when in reality they only took in a few locked up Jennings and some bulged single barrel shotguns. It is all about the illusion.

I lived in San Diego for 18 years. If you must know why? I was military and I hate California. But I spent many, many days in Mexico and when I would hear of all the violence it did not bother me until I heard Mexico say the guns are coming from here. The problem is these people have billions and billions of dollars and they control the country and if some idots from this country honestly believe they are getting weapons from here they are wrong. With these billions of dollars do think they would want a semi-automatic Bushmaster, RRA, or any other model for only a few hundred a piece? No, they go to Columbia, China and other nations to buy boat loads of fully automatic weapons. This is a common sense issue and if I were in their position I would not even think about getting weapons from the United States. Oh I forgot, Bi-Mart has RPG's on sale.

Scott

If these guns and other weapons are coming over from the US, they surely are not buying them off the street. I have to agree with Contendo on this, if they were available, we'd hear of more grenade launches and mishaps from the states. What better tool to clear out a rival gang.

This is a common sense issue and if I were in their position I would not even think about getting weapons from the United States. Oh I forgot, Bi-Mart has RPG's on sale.

Scott

Let's not let a little thing like common sense get in the way of a good story though......;)

Only politicians and the media would try solving an issue this way:

Problem: 1) Mexican Gangs have automatic weapons. 2) These gangs smuggle drugs and people across our boarder all the time very successfully.

Solution: Take away semi autos from our law abiding civilians.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to to change the laws so that our people could match the fire power of the threat.

Since nobody has addressed this, I figure that I should directly face the numbers being presented by the other side.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

"In 2007, the firearms agency traced 2,400 weapons seized in Mexico back to dealers in the United States, and 1,800 of those came from dealers operating in the four states along the border, with Texas first, followed by California, Arizona and New Mexico."

That leaves only a few hundred that are siezed in Mexico from the rest of the country.

So, with 100,000 foot soldiers,
cited; read this article, just published today..
U.S. Says Threat of Mexican Drug Cartels Approaching 'Crisis Proportions'
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504139,00.html
..many of which with at least one weapon, does this mean anything? The weapons stated in the article are labelled as, "assault style weapons" which means nothing. What a pathetic number.

Somebody needs to do some research and find exactly wherethe fully automatic weapons are coming from, because I don't think anybody with even the slightest bit of knowledge has gone and looked for information. Well, besides the ATF, which has an obvious bias here. Why won't they explain it? What is their mission, to rid the United States of all weapons?

I wonder how many of their "statistics" regrding the origin of the weapons has to do with where they were manufactured and NOT necessarily where they came from?

Just because they may have "Colts" or "Bushys" or "Sigs" doesn't mean they physically walked into a dealer here and purchased them directly. They may have been stolen several times over from many different places and countries with only the original purchaser obtaining it legally from the U.S.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top