JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alrighty now. Personal review will be incoming soon. I bit the bullet and bought one of these systems for 45acp. Should arrive at the farm later this week. Will update maybe this weekend. Happy week everyone!
Does that not also fire .45 super? I know that you can get a 460 Rowland version, but that is such a specialized ($$$) caliber.

How will these be treated by ATF when AWB takes place?
It is impossible to guess what they will do when they start passing new laws. I can say how it went during the great Clinton AWB. I bought my first MT during this. Stock was welded on, so no way to easily alter them. Someone talked me out of it. After that ban left they started offering them with both a standard AR stock, or telescoping stock the user could change. I kept meaning to buy another. Waited till the mass shooting at that grade school happened and another panic soon followed. Website was down so I started calling. Took a few tries, finally get someone, he says it will take many weeks, like 6 or better. I ordered one. They got it too me in about 6 weeks. Loved that one too but sold it to a member here.
Both of mine were for a 1911 frame. I LONG toyed with getting one for a Glock frame so it could use Glock mags. If the PCC market had not blown up with all kinds of choices I would have ended up with one for Glock.
Again though how law makers will handle it there is no way possible to guess.

Posted by MechTech on the FB page (checked there to see what was going on):

View attachment 779090
The panic before this one someone at work was asking me about one of these. At that time when I went to their site they had a place to get on a waiting list, said they would then contact you when you could get on the waiting list to get one from production. They had such a backlog they did not want people just ordering online then getting mad and canceling weeks later. I would guess if you call you would hear the same. Give them contact, they would let you know when it was your turn. Must be great to have a business like this, people getting on a wait list to be contacted when it was time to get on the wait list :D
Do you still have the one you bought from me? I still miss it some times but I have so damn many PCC's now it's getting a bit much and I still always want just one more :s0140:

What's the advantage over a Ruger PC Carbine? The Ruger is cheaper.

P
No paperwork - ships to your door, choose your pistol lower, no "new trigger/controls" training period, one trigger job covers "two" guns, no new or proprietary $$$ mags, choose barrel length, threaded barrel, 12" or 16" barrels, brake or hider, carry handle, M16 or flip up sights, stock type, optics, finish, etc. etc. etc. Have not seen 460 Rowland ballisitics from a 16", but would certainly be medium game medicine.
Will be interesting to see if the 12" falls under new AOW or SBR rulings.

What's the advantage over a Ruger PC Carbine? The Ruger is cheaper.

P
Not sure who, if anyone is saying that. I have a handful of PCC's, love all of them, still want more. The only reason I did not buy a MT that was made for Glock was the PCC market really took off. I do not own a Glock, did not want to buy one just to use for this. This was before the 80% Glock lowers.
Have a Ruger and LOVE it but, it's only available in 9mm and .40. The MT is available in several others. Not to mention the MT is just a conversion. Think of those who love a .22 conversion to put on a 1911. The good ones end up costing as much as a nice .22 complete pistol. Still a lot of people love the conversion. The MT is offered for several pistols where the owner can pop his frame into the upper, and back to the original design as they wish.
When I went to look at the current price of these (MT's) and saw they make a pistol version now too, it made me want one even though I need another like another hole in me. Does not stop me from longingly looking at them :D

No paperwork - ships to your door, choose your pistol lower, no "new trigger/controls" training period, one trigger job covers "two" guns, no new or proprietary $$$ mags, choose barrel length, threaded barrel, 12" or 16" barrels, brake or hider, carry handle, M16 or flip up sights, stock type, optics, finish, etc. etc. etc. Have not seen 460 Rowland ballisitics from a 16", but would certainly be medium game medicine.
Will be interesting to see if the 12" falls under new AOW or SBR rulings.

The CCU looks cool, no doubt, I just don't understand paying all that money for something I have to disassemble an existing firearm for. For not much more I can have a whole firearm.

P

It honestly helps if you already have a lower. I had an older XD that I had traded for this purpose. Have a couple of other 45acp platforms so donating the XD to get a 45acp carbine fit my plan exactly. Probably not for everyone.
I did get it out to the range this morning and was very impressed with the Mech Tech set up. Performed flawlessly and with the red/green dot and only took a few shots to verify impact. Administrative handling was somewhat different but no issue. Recoil? What recoil? Accurate? Happily so. Even my wife Mrs1911, shot it and had nothing but good to say about it. :D

The CCU looks cool, no doubt, I just don't understand paying all that money for something I have to disassemble an existing firearm for. For not much more I can have a whole firearm.

P
<shrug> not to worry then, they have a HUGE backlog of orders so if you did want one you would be looking at a VERY long wait. The nice 1911 .22 conversions cost what a nice complete .22 pistol costs but these too are in the long wait right now. Good time to be making some of these items. People are willing to get on a wait list, to be told when they can get on the wait list. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top