JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for recent input after reading all the previous threads here from 2016 and earlier. Would appreciate current opinions.

I'm still looking for a 45acp PCC that doesn't cost 2+ month's pay. I've flirted with the MechTech CCUs for a long time now. Curious if anyone on our Forum owns and uses one of these now? I would appreciate any feedback. These also appear to be currently in stock. I already use 7.62x39 stand off shooters but still like the idea of a 45acp PCC. This combo would function as a second system out to 100yds or so. A few years ago I traded pistols to get an XDm in 45 specifically for adding this CCU system to it. Still hesitating. Don't know why exactly. :confused: Let me know what you think. Not a HighPower fan nor is one to be had anywhere and they look to be a booger to really clean up like I prefer. Thanks! Pops

A shop near me had one a couple years ago. They let me test fit one of my 1911's to it. A lot of "specifics" such as dust cover length, etc that dictated what guns fit and don't fit. Then there was the little block for the ramp that some 1911's required to function with it. Seemed a bit fiddly.

I have a bunch of 9mm PCC's or braced pistol versions and would like some other calibers.Namely 10mm. 10mm doesn't work well in a blowback AR configuration, I've thought about getting a 10mm barrel and drilling a gas port, I've seen it done but its rare and potentially an expensive experiment. I have a B&T GHM9 that I love and they had a 10mm APC in their catalog though they apparently dropped it.

I've considered the KRISS Vectors in 10 or 45, similarly as much as I hate to admit it, I've considered the same from Hi Point, their carbine's don't seem to be as awful as their handguns and they are certainly affordable. The only real option besides those would be the CMMG radial delayed guns which come in both 45 and 10. Not cheap but not 2 months pay either.

I don't know if there just isn't much demand outside the 9mm's for such a gun or if they are just that much more complicated to build successfully. My 10mm handguns are a blast and its a definite step up over 9, so a small carbine in 10 should pack a nice punch. I'd think a carbine that could handle .45ACP and .45SMC would be a pretty sweet setup as well.

Alrighty now. Personal review will be incoming soon. I bit the bullet and bought one of these systems for 45acp. Should arrive at the farm later this week. Will update maybe this weekend. Happy week everyone!

I had one for a 1911. Darn thing was as much fun as you could get on a range. Accurate as any other carbine. The longer barrel increased the velocity enough to flatten the trajectory a bit.

Would consistently hold an inch or two at 100yds. Big fun ringing steel with it. Never any jams with whatever ammo used.

Downside, heavy for what it was and most of the weight was forward of the grip, but it was fast in the hands.

Gave it to a good friend that just had to have it. Thinking about another one but in 10mm. Just not sure about a blowback 10. But a 9mm on a G17 with a few of the extended magazines might just be a good thing by a smart man with an eye on an uncertain political future.

I'd say its a good investment.

I had one for a 1911. Darn thing was as much fun as you could get on a range. Accurate as any other carbine. The longer barrel increased the velocity enough to flatten the trajectory a bit.

Would consistently hold an inch or two at 100yds. Big fun ringing steel with it. Never any jams with whatever ammo used.

Downside, heavy for what it was and most of the weight was forward of the grip, but it was fast in the hands.

Gave it to a good friend that just had to have it. Thinking about another one but in 10mm. Just not sure about a blowback 10. But a 9mm on a G17 with a few of the extended magazines might just be a good thing by a smart man with an eye on an uncertain political future.

I'd say its a good investment.

Yep it feels really nice to hold. Put the red dot on it and I believe it will be a shooter. Really like the way the XD fits. C'mon Range Day!

It looks pretty good in the man cave. Saturday will be the first range day!

MechTech.jpeg

A little late to the game, but I've got 2 MechTech's. I like them, no complaints. One in .45acp that I use with a Para Ordnance P14-45 Double Stack. The other is 9mm, which I use with a Glock 19 lower. They're fun "accessories" and every time I bring one to the range, folks want a chance to take them for a spin.

I know some folks on this site have had issues with them, some even hate them. I have no complaints, and would happily get another. I'd love to have one in 10mm.

WOW! Happy I bought when I did!!!! Like I posted earlier its range day and proving trials for mine Saturday. I did just check and their site is still down. NEVER seen this before. Just another "what the %&^#" in a year full of 'em ...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top