JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stay away from anything on Amazon that states "genuine".

Genuine my bubblegum.

Hi there! I strongly recommend Himalayan Imports. You can find them online. I get that the name sounds a bit off...but the craftsmanship is the real deal. I prob have too many sets myself. They are made using truck springs, hand forged over coal. And they differential temper. They loosely say the steel is 5160. I can personally attest they are okay for hard use. It's my knock around in the trunk daily. Quality is first rate, and every one is made in house, under the direction of a shop master.

The company was founded by an American (the Late Bill Martino) He made sure they kurkri that left the shop would be up to the standards of the American consumer. It is now being run by his wife, Yangdu.

If you can't find something you're looking for, I'd be willing to sell you one of my sets at a good price so you can try it out.

Best,

Rick

(Newbie guy)

Hi there! I strongly recommend Himalayan Imports. You can find them online. I get that the name sounds a bit off...but the craftsmanship is the real deal. I prob have too many sets myself. They are made using truck springs, hand forged over coal. And they differential temper. They loosely say the steel is 5160. I can personally attest they are okay for hard use. It's my knock around in the trunk daily. Quality is first rate, and every one is made in house, under the direction of a shop master.

The company was founded by an American (the Late Bill Martino) He made sure they kurkri that left the shop would be up to the standards of the American consumer. It is now being run by his wife, Yangdu.

If you can't find something you're looking for, I'd be willing to sell you one of my sets at a good price so you can try it out.

Best,

Rick

(Newbie guy)

I have one from them and it's excellent.

IMG_2735.PNG IMG_2736.PNG

Got a sirupati from ol Bill years ago... the craftsmanship is good and the looks are great, and the steel is better (very good) than one might expect from a 3rd world maker.... my only issue was the black buffalo horn began cracking a little in my dry climate.. (not my only buff horn grip to do this!). Certainly not the fault of the maker. Fixed it with a little epoxy and buffed it out.. no more cracking has become evident. Friends don't let friends buy buffalo horn grips!;)
Ive found the Windlass khuks to be decent, have had several over the years and my current was made in 1944 (Dehra-Dun, British acceptance broad arrow). Course they are Indian manufacture, not Nepali. Someone else is bringing in Dehra Dun khuks these days for half the price of the Windlass product and they look the same, havent yet tested those.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top