JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope I have not started it yet. Archery Season starting with a starfield release isn't the best timing. I will eventually start it someday lol, or it might sit unplayed in my steam library like many many others. Going to be heading out to chase after bulls again for the next few weeks, and then its deer rifle season.
Yup, I have a few titles in my Steam library I haven't played either. Metro Exodus comes to mind.

I'm curious about your system's performance in Starfield. I'm patient too. :D

OK so I came to the obvious answer that Alienware sucks. Their stuff is reliable, but it's so locked down the BIOS is useless and they run hot hot hot.

So I used mine as an organ donor and rebuilt it. Bigger. Stronger. Faster. We have the technology. :D

Seriously though, after replacing the case, cooler, PS and motherboard I actually have a computer that performs.

Gaming PC Build.jpg

Last Edited:
i have had so many PCs over the years, but honestly the one i really like is the one i have now IBP. i have had to replace the cooler 2x and moved away from liquid cooling. I am quite happy with this, clunker, works just fine and plays games well. It actually looks like your pic, but slightly different, but very close.

GAME ON

i have had so many PCs over the years, but honestly the one i really like is the one i have now IBP. i have had to replace the cooler 2x and moved away from liquid cooling. I am quite happy with this, clunker, works just fine and plays games well. It actually looks like your pic, but slightly different, but very close.

GAME ON

I would run air but the 13700kf runs really hot. The new cooler tames it well and I've got it overclocked to 5.8.

this one is over clocked too :)
I'm just glad to be able to. I never saw anything past 5.3 last any longer than a few seconds in my R15. Tonight I was keeping an eye on the performance in Afterburner and it was holding a steady 5775mhz the whole game. I'm using the boards built in AI overclocking so it undervolts as well and keeps the temps down.

So, for reals, "Nerds" is no longer a put-down. Life would be terrible without them. I wish I had a couple of people that were that smart to help me through tech issues.

Haha yup I'm a nerd. But you know how most nerds have thick glasses and poor posture and look like a toothpick with a used bar of soap around the middle? I'm the opposite of that. We come in all shapes and sizes. :D

Haha yup I'm a nerd. But you know how most nerds have thick glasses and poor posture and look like a toothpick with a used bar of soap around the middle? I'm the opposite of that. We come in all shapes and sizes. :D
Well wasn't that only during the school years, to college maybe?
My 8 years younger brother was uber-nerd. Went onto a masters in Electronic Engineering. He Creates the junk that goes ON the silicon(sp). Has some patents. That boy ain't right, like the rest of us.

Welp, I did it again. I just picked up an MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio from a guy on Offer Up. Factory sealed. Decent price too. :D

If I'm gonna do it, I might as well do it right. :D

Got it installed last night. Ran a few benchmarks and got it overclocked to 2835mhz core and 10800mhz memory. Pulled a 32536 in Timespy demo and also immediately saw a substantial increase in FPS. I am now able to run everything in my game library at 4k120 on ultra with room for future titles....bring on the ray tracing! :D

This was not a cheap learning experience. I knew better, that's the real kicker. My gut was telling me to just build from the start but the sale price got me. At least I was able to use my AW as a donor. I took the gutted tower over to the electronics recycler by my office. Honestly I'm pizzed at myself for going against my own better judgement and wasting money on an AW prebuilt.

Lesson learned. Anyway, here is the final build:

PC.jpeg

To add,

My R15 did run most of my games quite well. Even games from just a few years ago ran at 120fps no problem but as I grew my game catalog I started to realize the shortcomings of the system. If someone isn't really in to overclocking or modding and just wants to buy a machine and game the Alienware will do it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews