JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just keep in mind with that Alienware thst the motherboard and power supplies still use proprietary connectors, I think you can get decent quality adapters if you ever had to swap the board though. Those two upgrades should just be drop in, but you probably wouldn't notice any difference with the 13900k in actual gaming, the cpu you have is fantastic. At 4k it's all gonna be on the shoulders of the gpu to make that happen.
I didn't know they made adapters for it, that's really interesting. Something to keep in mind for the future. :)

Both of those have adaptive sync as well but I am
A big big fan of the ultrawide format for both gaming and work, but some games do have trouble with that ratio.

I have just been grinding away at Diablo 4 until starfield drops on Friday. It's perfect thst it comes out on a 3 day weekend.
What kind of performance are you getting? Day 1 benchmarks show its a GPU killer. :D

I haven't downloaded it yet......from what GN reported I don't think I can get to 60FPS in 4k......

What kind of performance are you getting? Day 1 benchmarks show its a GPU killer. :D

I haven't downloaded it yet......from what GN reported I don't think I can get to 60FPS in 4k......
Haven't started it yet, I want to be able to sit and get into it and I have stuff to do this weekend. Maybe I'll start it when the kids go to bed and they aren't trying to interrupt me.

I did see that AMD GPUs are bringing the thunder on day one. My 7900xtx virtually tied with the 4090 at 4k despite being $700 cheaper.

Haven't started it yet, I want to be able to sit and get into it and I have stuff to do this weekend. Maybe I'll start it when the kids go to bed and they aren't trying to interrupt me.

I did see that AMD GPUs are bringing the thunder on day one. My 7900xtx virtually tied with the 4090 at 4k despite being $700 cheaper.

Yeah, that's the video I watched. The 7900xtx is tied with the 4090. Pretty impressive for Radeon, although the game is optimized for it. I'm more concerned about even getting to 60FPS on my 4080. Another argument for me to upgrade. :D

Wow, Somehow I missed this! I worked for a well known computer company for a few years back in the late 2010 time frame so I had access to all sorts of goodies to build and play with, and because I built high end game systems on sight for that company, I had a pretty good idea what worked and what would do what I wanted at the time! I bought the CPU first ( i-7 Core)and then saved a few paychecks to get the MB, ( Asus Rampage) and then Duel Invidia 780's which at the time were near the top of heap in speeds and performance! Added 32 gigs worth of Corsair RAM factory overclocked and I was rockin! Scored a pretty good deal on New-Egg on a Raidmax ATX Chassis and Liquid cooler setup due to the CPU temps really getting up there, ( Bonus, It really heats the living room in winter time, LOL) and I was rockin! There were ZERO games I couldn't stream faster then the Internet providers could match, and even today, this system flat rocks! Fast forward, and I needed a new lap top for work and other mobile needs, so I scored a smokin deal on a ASUS TUF Gamer system with AMD RX Radin CPU and 1080 Grafix card with 16G worth of RAM, this thing smokes a lot of other higher end laptops, especially for the money! There are only a hand full of games I really enjoy, World of Warships and some of Medal of Honor games, and as mentioned upthread by several, Half Life, both 1 and 2, still a super fun game to play, I also enjoy the Deus X series Games!

Wow, Somehow I missed this! I worked for a well known computer company for a few years back in the late 2010 time frame so I had access to all sorts of goodies to build and play with, and because I built high end game systems on sight for that company, I had a pretty good idea what worked and what would do what I wanted at the time! I bought the CPU first ( i-7 Core)and then saved a few paychecks to get the MB, ( Asus Rampage) and then Duel Invidia 780's which at the time were near the top of heap in speeds and performance! Added 32 gigs worth of Corsair RAM factory overclocked and I was rockin! Scored a pretty good deal on New-Egg on a Raidmax ATX Chassis and Liquid cooler setup due to the CPU temps really getting up there, ( Bonus, It really heats the living room in winter time, LOL) and I was rockin! There were ZERO games I couldn't stream faster then the Internet providers could match, and even today, this system flat rocks! Fast forward, and I needed a new lap top for work and other mobile needs, so I scored a smokin deal on a ASUS TUF Gamer system with AMD RX Radin CPU and 1080 Grafix card with 16G worth of RAM, this thing smokes a lot of other higher end laptops, especially for the money! There are only a hand full of games I really enjoy, World of Warships and some of Medal of Honor games, and as mentioned upthread by several, Half Life, both 1 and 2, still a super fun game to play, I also enjoy the Deus X series Games!
Ah, SLI configuration. Funny enough virtually no games support dual cards anymore. I remember those days, in fact I had an SLI rig for a while until the 8800GTX came out. Good times! :)

Just keep in mind with that Alienware thst the motherboard and power supplies still use proprietary connectors, I think you can get decent quality adapters if you ever had to swap the board though. Those two upgrades should just be drop in, but you probably wouldn't notice any difference with the 13900k in actual gaming, the cpu you have is fantastic. At 4k it's all gonna be on the shoulders of the gpu to make that happen.
I've decided I'm going to upgrade to a 4090. Might be next month but yeah....the 30% average increase will make a big difference in 4k in Starfield, CP2077 and other GPU whores. My AW case has its limits, so I'm going with a PNY Verto triple fan. It's fairly "thin" for a 4090 and I have plenty of PSU headroom.

Ah, SLI configuration. Funny enough virtually no games support dual cards anymore. I remember those days, in fact I had an SLI rig for a while until the 8800GTX came out. Good times! :)
I have had many multi GPu setups, single card and dual card solutions (and one triple gpu Radeon setup once). The last time I had one was with 980ti cards and 780ti cards before that, but my favorite of all tome was my Voodoo2 SLI setup with the RivaTNT2 as the main card. Glide was awesome.

I've decided I'm going to upgrade to a 4090. Might be next month but yeah....the 30% average increase will make a big difference in 4k in Starfield, CP2077 and other GPU whores. My AW case has its limits, so I'm going with a PNY Verto triple fan. It's fairly "thin" for a 4090 and I have plenty of PSU headroom.
Make sure to also measure the length. Some of those cards have extended lengths so measure length wise as well as slot width.

Make sure to also measure the length. Some of those cards have extended lengths so measure length wise as well as slot width.
Yup, already measured. I have the room, although I will have to lose the brackets that AW uses to hold the 4080 in place. I will probably need a support bracket of some kind. I actually called Dell about this a couple months ago and they said they don't even recommend their OEM card and sent me a link to an MSI.

Yup, already measured. I have the room, although I will have to lose the brackets that AW uses to hold the 4080 in place. I will probably need a support bracket of some kind. I actually called Dell about this a couple months ago and they said they don't even recommend their OEM card and sent me a link to an MSI.
Just look for an anti sag stand on amazon, antec and a few others make some nice ones. The little one you saw in my case came with my card but there are some nice ones. I think they keep the card leveled better than the slot mounted brackets myself.

https://a.co/d/hXd5Dre

It's okay to be jealous of my gaming rig.

Commodore Vic-20. A 1.1mhz 6502 8 bit processor with a whopping 32kb of RAM. Think I'm running DOS 2.0?, no... jiffyDOS. Two, that's right, two slots to hold my games. I can flip a switch and play Donkey Kong or Centipede. You want drives? I've got two 1541 5.25" floppy drives and a cassette drive.

But seriously though, this was my gaming pc. I dug it out the other day and intend to set it back up.

20230903_215340.jpg

It's okay to be jealous of my gaming rig.

Commodore Vic-20. A 1.1mhz 6502 8 bit processor with a whopping 32kb of RAM. Think I'm running DOS 2.0?, no... jiffyDOS. Two, that's right, two slots to hold my games. I can flip a switch and play Donkey Kong or Centipede. You want drives? I've got two 1541 5.25" floppy drives and a cassette drive.

But seriously though, this was my gaming pc. I dug it out the other day and intend to set it back up.

View attachment 1481327
My dad had one when I was a kid. I remember him playing games on it but they got really impressive when he bought a C64. I eventually found it buried in a closet and got it working when I was in high school. I would play Afterburner on it for hours haha.

My dad had one when I was a kid. I remember him playing games on it but they got really impressive when he bought a C64. I eventually found it buried in a closet and got it working when I was in high school. I would play Afterburner on it for hours haha.
Raid on bungeling bay was my jam when I had my Commodore 64

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads