JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't matter.
We're all in the database now with relatives playing around with Ancestry.com etc
I don't know what they thought I was there for at the center, but when I went in to get my TWIC card, they took a saliva swab too. I laughed and asked, "you actually keep my dna signature on that?" Person said something like, "I don't have any idea what they keep, I'm just going down the list of biometrics to take."
Edit to add: for those of you wearing tin foil hats, beware the blood draw to see if you've been exposed to CV19.

I don't know what they thought I was there for at the center, but when I went in to get my TWIC card, they took a saliva swab too. I laughed and asked, "you actually keep my dna signature on that?" Person said something like, "I don't have any idea what they keep, I'm just going down the list of biometrics to take."
Edit to add: for those of you wearing tin foil hats, beware the blood draw to see if you've been exposed to CV19.
It's a nice way of saying :
"That's right pal, we're looking up your butt with a giant floodlight."

:D

Scottish surname so there's a thread of that but I'm really about 25% English and 75% Okie.
Dad was born in the Cherokee Strip so I have Elizabeth Warren grade native American also.

Its ok to know what something is made of. My 1911 is made of steel.
I claim AMERICAN of similar composition.

You have no idea about the OP - your post makes you come off like someone spouting #BLM and excoriating us for white privilege. I say that because I've had the exact same rubbish pulled on me.
It's funny to me that no realistic or sane person would actually have believed my post was intended as anything other than satire, yet here we have multiple people did in fact take it that way. The irony is that the moderator who deleted the original post did exactly what they accused my original post of.

Some of you need to lighten up. Including you,OP.

It's funny to me that no realistic or sane person would actually have believed my post was intended as anything other than satire, yet here we have multiple people did in fact take it that way. The irony is that the moderator who deleted the original post did exactly what they accused my original post of.

Not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty darned funny.

:D

I don't know, it sounded like someone got called out when their comment wasn't well received and responds by "hey I was only kidding." I don't think the OP or others were thin skinned. I think they didn't want to see what had become an interesting post dragged into the weeds by a straw man. It's no shame to not know or care where your ancestors come from. To suggest that others are somehow deficient for having an interest sounds like validation.

Soooooo, then I can say, "Dammit, McNammac!" :s0140:

I like it! I like it a lot... ;)

Last Edited:
Heavily vested in all three with German and French. A paintbrush across Northern Europe. The man I use in my profile pic is my great great grandfather John Dick who came from Scotland to settle in Nanaimo B.C. upon the Princess Royal. Later to become one of it's early prominent citizens. Great video! Thanks : )
The guy in my profile picture is my paternal grandfather, born in 1866, and by all accounts someone you didn't want to cross. My dad was born in 1902. I'm getting old. :)

My dad did a family history search back when it was ALL paper oriented. We still have it tucked away and one day we will all get together and open to find out the truth without having to do a DNA test and hope that it's correct.
Yeah, well by having her father do a y-dna test my wife discovered that he was unrelated to anyone with his legal surname. He did match up with a surname of the family that lived next door in about 1840. :rolleyes:

Mostly of Scotts-Irish descent. Native Irish, but Scottish Presbyterian. My ancestors crossed the Ocean early. Many of my ancestors trickled over. The last known leaving Waterford in 1770. My Wife`s family is either Famine Irish, or still in Co Donegal. Much of my family left the same County around the beginning of the 17th century. Have been there once. I might need to tell the story of the rocking chair in my living room. It is an heirloom from both our families.

Mom's mom arrived in 1906, immigrated through Ellis Island, had $20 in her pocket and started a new life in the new world, leaving the ancestors back in County Cork...

So I'm second generation American with a strong tie back to the old country... Nothing wrong with being proud of one's ancestry...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top