JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He really cleaned up his act once he started shooting.

1588913151918.png

Man I got Warren'd.

I was told for years I had Native American in my family.
Maybe just because they have darker skin and drink too much....

But nope, did an ancestry DNA deal and came back
67% England, wales, NW europe
18% Ireland /Scotland
12% Germanic Europe
4% Norway

I tan really easily, a little darker complexion, in my youth almost looked hispanic.

I'm a direct descendant of the Welsh soldier Rhys ap Thomas...and since my family has been in North America since the mid 1600's I don't understand a lick of Welsh.

It's kind of wild to think how we don't understand the languages of our forefathers...even stranger to think we may not understand the language of our grand or great-grandchildren. If a child of mine decided to move to another country and start a family there is a possibility my own grandkids and I wouldn't speak the same language...pretty wild to think about.

This is what your ancestors might well have sounded like -

Note that these are all currently-spoken languages in yUK.... :)
My Y-DNA traces back to this guy:

Sir Thomas PRYCE
Born: ~1450 at: Montomeryshire, Wales
Died: 1509 at: Wales
Father: Rhys ap Dafydd Llwyd
Mother: Margred verch Ieuan

Am I the only one who doesn't have a huge desire to know about anything other than my American heritage? I got family all over the world and I care not one bit.

My older brother and my late husband say and said what you just stated.

Cate

I am an All American Mutt.

I do know about my family's background due to what I was told by some old, long gone family members.

Stories, papers and some old pictures that I passed on to my older sister and older brother.

Cate

Well, I hadn't imagined that this post would have raised so much rancour. I had just thought that it might be bit of fun in these days of stress and strain.

I apologise unreservedly to those of you who don't give a hoot about your past, or have even the slightest wonder about where your ancestors came from. I therefore strongly advise you, in the hope of causing less discommode, to ignore any of my future posts in which the subject matter may cause you some offence.

Welsh, English and Scottish on my dads side. Moms sides a bunch of Krauts.

I wont say what their opinion of the Irish is/was. My Great Grandfather I suppose was instrumental in the founding of the Irish Republic. Without Bloody Sunday that never may have happened so good shooting G-pa..

My direct name ancestor arrived in Virginia from England in 1634 as an indentured worker.

Last Edited:
It's kind of wild to think how we don't understand the languages of our forefathers
Social pressure. My paternal grandfather was 1st or 2nd generation German descent, grew up speaking the language. They stopped speaking it during The Great War when he was a young teen. He was in his 70's when I came of consciousness, and by then he barely remembered any.
Language itself evolves and changes. Reading Canterbury Tales or Le Morte D'arthur or even really old poetry, you see how the English has evolved.

Last Edited:
Predominately Irish on my father's side including the last name. A broad amalgamation on my mother's side including some native American and Portuguese.

Williams as a family name in Ireland - is found mostly in the North of Ireland, of immigrant origin, having been introduced from Wales, England and Scotland during the seventeenth century.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top