JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw one the other day SP5K with tri-lug and threaded barrel.
$3800

Prolly shoulda bought it back when you thought the price was high, now it's really high!

3800 on GB would be crazy cheap for the sp5k. First one sold for 7550 and most are 4500 to 6k right now. Sp5s going for 4k to 4500 daily

And why I bought mine in December within 30 min of finding out they were available. Why? Because the SP5K needed a real HK buddy in the safe! And it landed me 2 more OG HK German mags. :cool:

Aim Surplus had a single SP5K-PDW for sale early this morning for MSRP. Somebody out there got very, very lucky!

I don't feel so bad anymore picking up my SP5 for $2,650. Crazy times we're in...

Aim Surplus had a single SP5K-PDW for sale early this morning for MSRP. Somebody out there got very, very lucky!

I don't feel so bad anymore picking up my SP5 for $2,650. Crazy times we're in...
Any one looking for an sp5 check out P&S security in Great Bend, Ks I purchased 2 about 2 months ago. They sell for 2499 and they always try to have 1 in stock. They had 3 when I got mine. Tell them David sent you. It's worth a shot.

They are in stock right now. Buddy sent me the link earlier today.

They are in stock right now. Buddy sent me the link earlier today.

I appreciate it, but I'm looking for the full size, not the "K".

On top of not having the good features their imported European versions without warranty through hk usa although hopefully you wouldn't need it anyway. Lots of the older versions for sale right now since the PDW came out

So the sp5k is in stock? That is tempting but PTR version is $1695 at Kentucky gun co right now. I'm in the minority I guess in that I would rather have the shorter version despite lack of paddle release and tri lug. I remember early last year Nw firearms (edit: I meant nw armory) had sp5k on sale very briefly for $2395. But soon after went to $2799 and then $2999 as I recall.

Last Edited:
So the sp5k is in stock? That is tempting but PTR version is $1695 at Kentucky gun co right now. I'm in the minority I guess in that I would rather have the shorter version despite lack of paddle release and tri lug. I remember early last year Nw firearms had sp5k on sale very briefly for $2395. But soon after went to $2799 and then $2999 as I recall.
Originally, I was going to go the PTR route, but decided on Hk instead. I Sold my P30s to help foot the bill.

I've held the PTR small version but never shot it. Felt like a well made gun fwiw. @wired I think had some positive things to say about it in recent posts as I recall.
I was going to ask where Tent City was, but then thought about it. What a shame that place has become...

If you've ever seen a movie called My Own Private Idaho, it was an 80's prediction of things to come, while depicting real life for some during that time.

I originally wanted an HK SP5k PDW to go with my SP5 but they have been unobatnium unless you are welling to spend $4k plus. So I broke down and ordered the PTR-9kt and it is due to arrive at my dealer today.

I will pick up an actual HK SP5k PDW if the prices ever come back down to MSRP.

I had a PTR 9CT for about eight months. It ran like a champ. It's a great alternative if you don't want to fork it out for the real deal. I sold it to another member on here once I found a good price on an SP5.

If you're patient and have the money, SP5's are truly works of art. I love mine. Out of my whole collection, it's by far the only one I would never part with. Hopefully someday we get back to them being available for MSRP or less.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews