JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I get a wake up call from my neighbors roosters at about 4:30 AM every day.
Same here, but I'm usually up by then. If I'm not, then l slept through it and probably for good reason.

One of those little dinosaurs got out yesterday and teased my dog through the fence for hours (til the owner came home and put him/her back).

They're big and they look mean as hell... beautiful plumage tho.

Has anyone considered that there was a reason why he killed his parents first? He thought he was fat and ugly and unattractive to women. Do you all think he came up with that idea on his own? He probably heard it for years from a couple of people who never should have been parents. I don't know for sure, but I'll bet that had something to do with it.

"Heat" was an inspiration to the infamous Hollywood shootout. Maybe if the police learned as much as the perps they would have handled the situation better and wouldn't have had to go crawling to a gun dealer for real fire power.
Wow. Perhaps the management of LAPD can be blamed for not equiping their officers to deal with modern threats, but why blame the officers on the scene? They didn't choose their equipment, and if you ask me (which I know you didn't) they showed incredible resourcefulness in dealing with a situation that was totally unforeseen at the time. And incredible bravery in taking on a couple of criminals equipped with body armor and automatic weapons. While they were dressed and equipped for what amounted to a 1950s model of policing.
Much as I distrust the police I can't blame cops for not having been armed with more serious firepower & must instead congratulate them on finding a 'cure' for their problem
Bravo!
Too bad that gunstore has likely been long closed, I wonder how cops will solve their next gun problem with no gun dealers around to help?
I think they are better equipped nowadays.
Or not engage people ready for war in the streets over an insured financial crime. Let the 'I' in FBI do what they're supposed to. LAPD was damn lucky no civilians or cops were killed in that exchange.

But that's probably a bot off-topic...carry on!
I doubt if the full nature of the threat was recognized when the engagement began, and once engaged, I'm sure there was reluctance to disengage. At the time, there still was a pride in the LAPD at being one of the best in the nation, and they weren't going to let a couple of criminals get the best of them.

I'm somewhat bemused at the popular attitude today that insurance covers everything. Like being reimbursed a certain dollar amount fully compensates victims for the consequences of a crime. Color me unconvinced.

Gill Marshall-Andrews, chair of the Gun Control Network, warned Britain must tighten its gun regulations and urged UK internet firms to block US-based channels glorifying weapons ownership.
Well, while they are at it they are going to have to essentially block ALL internet access to the US as there is certainly a LOT more US based gun related content than just 'US based channels glorifying weapons ownership' - which I assume he means YT.

Oh, And they had better block all movies made in the US, specifically Action/Adventure Movies because there is a lot of weapons shown in these movies as well.

My point being this was kind of a vague and uneducated remark for this guy to make.

Last Edited:
Has anyone considered that there was a reason why he killed his parents first? He thought he was fat and ugly and unattractive to women. Do you all think he came up with that idea on his own? He probably heard it for years from a couple of people who never should have been parents. I don't know for sure, but I'll bet that had something to do with it.
Personally I think that's reaching, and if that were in deed the case, I'd imagine any of his online rant videos would have included that as a topic, which will most likely come out in subsequent media stories if there.

If a person is that f'd up in the head they want to go out and commit mass murder against random strangers, that's a big hurdle to jump over compared to our day to day lives, maybe the familiarity of parents was like a stepping stone, and you're right, there could be some type of family disagreement or dysfunction, but I wouldn't give this POS that excuse.

Heck, even to this day according to my father sometimes I am a "f'n moron" when we are having a disagreement. I just laugh it off and give it right back to him. Because healthy minded people can receive negativity and brush it off. I'm encouraging we don't try to belittle his responsibility for his own actions, not that that was necessarily your intention, but is the inherent result if blame is placed on outside factors.

there could be some type of family disagreement or dysfunction
Dysfunction was what I was trying to get at.
but I wouldn't give this POS that excuse.
There's a difference between an excuse and an explanation. I was trying for an explanation. It might have been at the root of his problems, perhaps the cause of his personality disorder. And then again, maybe not.

Whatever......
Michael Cain (and I don't really care about his politics at this point) has a lot of good movies under his belt. Here he speaks of his 5 favorite roles.

And....who can forget.

Then, to tell you the truth (and I'm not saying it's the truth but) we Americans have been exposed to British Gun Culture and $h@^ hole conditions over there.....through the movies.

So, LOL. Blame the movies for our misconceptions.

Rrrrright....BUT, But, but, Hollywood ain't much better.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Got to admit that the last time I saw him in a movie was his portrayal of the late Michael Collins.

My late dad worshipped him, and he had actually driven him around Cork City in both a staff car and the Rolls-Royce Armoured car, Sliabh na mBan, seen here at a recent Army display.

If he had been in this vehicle instead of an open-topped car, then he might have thought twice about getting out and joining in the ambush mayhem. But he did, and was killed. How different Ireland would be now had he not died at Béal na mBláth. :(

View attachment 1013139
Is that a Vickers?

Only his mom.

Well, while they are at it they are going to have to essentially block ALL internet access to the US as there is certainly a LOT more US based gun related content than just 'US based channels glorifying weapons ownership' - which I assume he means YT.

Oh, And they had better block all movies made in the US, specifically Action/Adventure Movies because there is a lot of weapons shown in these movies as well.

My point being this was kind of a vague and uneducated remark for this guy to make.
'Gill' is a female, and wife of Bob. Gill is not a name given to male persons in the UK.

Two other main factors
The devaluation of human life, both the taking of unborn lives as well as the euthanasia of those at the end of their lives certainly plays a role.

Morality also plays a role, as a society morals and values seem to have been thrown out the window. They're certainly nothing like they were years ago, like with the Greatest Generation.

My perception, may not align with others, so ymmv.
It's going to take a long time to clean up after the greatest generation...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top