JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And why not, "Heat" was an inspiration to the infamous Hollywood shootout. Maybe if the police learned as much as the perps they would have handled the situation better and wouldn't have had to go crawling to a gun dealer for real fire power.
Or not engage people ready for war in the streets over an insured financial crime. Let the 'I' in FBI do what they're supposed to. LAPD was damn lucky no civilians or cops were killed in that exchange.

But that's probably a bot off-topic...carry on!

100 years ago there were random killers roaming around, that's a human condition--thing is 100 years ago it was a lot easier to move around unseen
Ok, so you are referring to availability of information, right?

Do you think the overall occurrence rate per capita has been relatively the same or has it increased/decreased over time?

I'm sure as our depravity level has risen so has the murder rate
I would imagine so, but another interesting idea I just had was that 100 years ago there were less "gun free zones" and if we look at the last 20 years, "gun free zones" are a common target for mass murderers, while areas likely to have armed resistance are not.

100 years ago there were random killers roaming around, that's a human condition--thing is 100 years ago it was a lot easier to move around unseen
I truly think social media is a big reason for these formerly "deep, dark, thoughts" coming to the surface.

Outcasts and weirdos are able to find more outcasts and weirdos to prop them up and rationalize their psychosis... "it's not you, bro... it's them".

They used to keep it to themselves for the most part, afraid of being "found out"... only the cream of the psychotic crop rose to infamy with their misdeeds. Now, they feel legitimized because they've got like-minded cohorts right their fingertips.

Does anyone recall me saying that anti-gunners would and have asserted that owning guns is a mental illness? Here we have an anti-gun advocate saying simply watching youtube vids about guns mean that you are mentally ill and therefore should not own guns. Circular reasoning; you shouldn't own guns because you are interested in guns - eventually that will transform to owning guns means you have an unhealthy interest in guns and are therefore mentally ill. They are already talking about our "obsession" with guns, how long have we been called "gun nuts" and anti-gun advocates portraying us as dangerous?
Very Piers Morgan of them!

Here's a little snippet for you all - the author of the comment in post #1 is Gill Marshall-Andrews, of the 'gun control network' - known as the GCN.

The GCN consists of her, her ex-Member of Parliament husband, Bob, and a chicken.

Well, maybe not a chicken, it's not too clear who the third person is.

So far from being the voice of ten thousand, or even A thousand, they are a voice of, uh, two, plus another one, who name we don't know.

Oh, and don't forget Liam Neeson.
I watched one of his movies the other night and l couldn't remember why l didn't like him.

The movie wasn't bad, and I recalled that l thought he was an a-hole... but couldn't remember exactly why.

Thanks for the refresher.

Come to think of it... l've probably seen the movie before too.

One of many heads posessed by the Geezer-creep hydra.

I thought he was good in Next of Kin.
Of course, he was playing opposite Patrick Swayze sooo... not a terribly high bar.
Got to admit that the last time I saw him in a movie was his portrayal of the late Michael Collins.

My late dad worshipped him, and he had actually driven him around Cork City in both a staff car and the Rolls-Royce Armoured car, Sliabh na mBan, seen here at a recent Army display.

If he had been in this vehicle instead of an open-topped car, then he might have thought twice about getting out and joining in the ambush mayhem. But he did, and was killed. How different Ireland would be now had he not died at Béal na mBláth. :(

1629149311184.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews