JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

She added: 'If the police know or can find out whether one of their licensed firearms holders is indulging in these Youtube items, then they should confiscate the weapons – it's a clear indication of an unhealthy attitude to guns.'

Women like that and the boys they raise would have led Great Britain to be speaking German.

A great quote from a founding father: 'Those who pound their rifles into plows will plow for those who didn't.'

Does anyone recall me saying that anti-gunners would and have asserted that owning guns is a mental illness? Here we have an anti-gun advocate saying simply watching youtube vids about guns mean that you are mentally ill and therefore should not own guns. Circular reasoning; you shouldn't own guns because you are interested in guns - eventually that will transform to owning guns means you have an unhealthy interest in guns and are therefore mentally ill. They are already talking about our "obsession" with guns, how long have we been called "gun nuts" and anti-gun advocates portraying us as dangerous?

All those Hollywood movies are what done it
To most earnestly try to assess the "I am going to go kill random people" mentality. A serious look needs to be taken at what is different from 80-100 years ago compared to the last 20 years or so now

I know one hypothesis that I think has merit (among others as well) is that comparatively life is just too easy now. People really don't have to seriously put any effort into life to exist, and that kind of situation can rot the human spirit/psyche. When you are working hard to be alive and make a better life for yourself/family, those evil ideas don't have as much time to dance in your mind.

Then there is the proliferation of media/information across the world wide web. People used to be somewhat restricted to their own imaginations with what they could see/think about. Now people can have all kinds of gore and depraved ideas fed to them through media or the internet, to some extent there must be some type of conditioning occurring there.

I will also say that I grew up playing first person shooter video games where the entire point of the game was to go kill the opposing players and since millions of kids play those every year without becoming mass murderers, I am not going to blame that.

Psychotropic drugs seems to be a common theme with these murderers though, but also the notion that "the world has wronged" them in some way and they are going to in return take it out to "get the lack laugh" so to speak.

Partly I wonder if secularism plays a large role in this because people who believe they are going to spend eternity in a lake of fire for doing something terrible are, all things being otherwise equal, probably less inclind to do something terrible than compared to someone who thinks that this life is absolutely it, nothing else but ceasing to exist.

To most earnestly try to assess the "I am going to go kill random people" mentality. A serious look needs to be taken at what is different from 80-100 years ago compared to the last 20 years or so now

I know one hypothesis that I think has merit (among others as well) is that comparatively life is just too easy now. People really don't have to seriously put any effort into life to exist, and that kind of situation can rot the human spirit/psyche. When you are working hard to be alive and make a better life for yourself/family, those evil ideas don't have as much time to dance in your mind.

Then there is the proliferation of media/information across the world wide web. People used to be somewhat restricted to their own imaginations with what they could see/think about. Now people can have all kinds of gore and depraved ideas fed to them through media or the internet, to some extent there must be some type of conditioning occurring there.

I will also say that I grew up playing first person shooter video games where the entire point of the game was to go kill the opposing players and since millions of kids play those every year without becoming mass murderers, I am not going to blame that.

Psychotropic drugs seems to be a common theme with these murderers though, but also the notion that "the world has wronged" them in some way and they are going to in return take it out to "get the lack laugh" so to speak.

Partly I wonder if secularism plays a large role in this because people who believe they are going to spend eternity in a lake of fire for doing something terrible are, all things being otherwise equal, probably less inclind to do something terrible than compared to someone who thinks that this life is absolutely it, nothing else but ceasing to exist.
Two other main factors
The devaluation of human life, both the taking of unborn lives as well as the euthanasia of those at the end of their lives certainly plays a role.

Morality also plays a role, as a society morals and values seem to have been thrown out the window. They're certainly nothing like they were years ago, like with the Greatest Generation.

My perception, may not align with others, so ymmv.

Two other main factors
The devaluation of human life, both the taking of unborn lives as well as the euthanasia of those at the end of their lives certainly plays a role.

Morality also plays a role, as a society morals and values seem to have been thrown out the window. They're certainly nothing like they were years ago, like with the Greatest Generation.

My perception, may not align with others, so ymmv.
I agree with both of those as representing part of the whole problem.

She added: 'If the police know or can find out whether one of their licensed firearms holders is indulging in these Youtube items, then they should confiscate the weapons – it's a clear indication of an unhealthy attitude to guns.'
Oh brother.... facepalm.gif

The level of gun crime in the UK is one of the lowest in the world, the National Crime Agency has claimed.
Especially when you don't prosecute gang rapes in certain neighborhoods

If they want to go all Minority Report and try to stop future-crime, then maybe keeping an eye on these weirdos would be more beneficial...
Those peons have nothing on the government when it comes to "future crime."

It's hard to imagine being such a weird and unsuccessful loser that you "hate women," but I guess they are out there.

A guy who was royally screwed in a divorce is somewhat understandable, but the incels need to do model airplanes or something, sheesh.

It's hard to imagine being such a weird and unsuccessful loser that you "hate women," but I guess they are out there.
It's just one specific manifestation of preexisting mental illness.
Self-loathing turned outward needs a target, which will be something/someone they may or may not choose. At a certain point, all they need is a nudge in one direction or another, identify a target, and then focus ALL of their rage in one place. The "reasons" for their hate (bad divorce, can't get laid, teased in school, wants people to wear masks and stay home, Republicans, etc) will fall into place later, to rationalize their own rage to themselves and others.

This nitwit that they interviewed for the story in the OP wants to blame America and YouTube videos. That's obviously nonsense.
But they do have an "incel" network that is openly cheering mass murder and infanticide while lamenting that they'll now have a harder go of it assembling their weapons to carry out more attacks. Karen doesn't mention them, just identifies a distant antagonstic Boogeyman (USA) so she can focus her own rage and hate on a singular target and gain sympathetic support from similarly disillusioned malcontents. It's a sick world.

And why not, "Heat" was an inspiration to the infamous Hollywood shootout. Maybe if the police learned as much as the perps they would have handled the situation better and wouldn't have had to go crawling to a gun dealer for real fire power.
Much as I distrust the police I can't blame cops for not having been armed with more serious firepower & must instead congratulate them on finding a 'cure' for their problem

Too bad that gunstore has likely been long closed, I wonder how cops will solve their next gun problem with no gun dealers around to help?

100 years ago there were random killers roaming around, that's a human condition--thing is 100 years ago it was a lot easier to move around unseen

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top